Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Guns Do You Want?

What's so realistic about her having a grenade launcher or hand grenades or many different guns for that matter? Sure, experience has taught her that she may need to defend herself against the wild animals, but she's an adventurer and yet she goes in armed for combat. Who is she expecting? When she begins a new adventure, she doesn't know there will mercs or thugs hired by some seriously evil, deranged person, out there to try to stop her or anyone from getting to the artifact first, does she? I suppose it can't harm to be prepared, but grenades?

I don't care if TR is unrealistic in some ways. I want it to be, so I can loose myself into it for an hour or so, just like I do when I read a good book or watch a movie.

I want the Grenda launcher or maybe some sort of heat seeker.
    Also the uzis

She could borrow dual silverbailer from 47 make it as standard gun

Does any one remenber what thay did to the guns in last revelation thay had to types of ammo mabe ther can be like up grade have like all wep from 1 to chronicles that be allsome or just have to like buy them from a wep store or have like a weekle shipout of guns or something

The Pistols

All i want really is the pistols thats all i ever use.

In TRU i don't want it to happen like in TRA where she gets the guns at the end of the continents it should be like "if you want the guns you have to go and find them" other wise you should be able to carry all through the game without any other weapons only your pistols if you get me?

Am i making sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Rai004 View Post
    What's so realistic about her having a grenade launcher or hand grenades or many different guns for that matter? Sure, experience has taught her that she may need to defend herself against the wild animals, but she's an adventurer and yet she goes in armed for combat. Who is she expecting? When she begins a new adventure, she doesn't know there will mercs or thugs hired by some seriously evil, deranged person, out there to try to stop her or anyone from getting to the artifact first, does she? I suppose it can't harm to be prepared, but grenades?

I don't care if TR is unrealistic in some ways. I want it to be, so I can loose myself into it for an hour or so, just like I do when I read a good book or watch a movie.
    I said I'd like it to make a comeback. :P
    For the most part I think a grenade launcher would be a fun bonus item more than something standard. Besides, it could be a flash grenade if you're picky about explosions in ancient, possibly crumbling, tombs. D:

I would like to see all of the TR guns come back into the TRU game. All the guns that was in all of the other TR game. They should pick a few guns form each TR game and give us some guns. And she should not just pick up a gun and use it and throw it away when it runs out of bullets but like in TRL but bring back the gun inventory in TRU game like they did in TRA. I love the gun inventory all I have to worry about is running out of bullets every now and than and all I have to do is look for more bullets so I say bring back the gun inventory to TRU.

Quote Originally Posted by Capkeez View Post

it's a nade' launcher.
    ORLY?!??! I THOUGHT IT WAS A KITTEN CANNON

^ It's a Nerf sponge gun/cannon !

I would love to have all the guns that I could name right now,
    M-16, MP5, Uzis, Pistol, Shotgun, Revolver, SMG, Assault Rifle, Automatic pistols, Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, HK Rifle and much more. (But not Harpoon Gun )

i don't really care what guns she has to be honest lol seeing as i used the pistol the whole way through legend and anniversary. i would like her to have excalibur from the beginning,that would be interesting *daydreams about sailing through the game* lol

[QUOTE=William Croft;730231]The Desert Eagle will be back. At least I heard that it will...

Right i miss the Desert eagle too thats my fav ^^

I Don't mind but i think the guns she will have shall have blowback like in TRA

Quote Originally Posted by tombraiderxlegend View Post
    I normally don't pay attention to guns, that much. I usually just use the pistols. Haha. Anyways, I didn't make a poll because there's a lot of guns Lara could use?

Idk really what I want to see. But name some guns, mkay? =D
    The dual pistols, shotgun, uzi's and id like to see the harpoon to return. Hmm, magmas (I think thats how you spell it) , oh and the desert eagle. Hmm, well i think thats about it.

An SVD sniper rifle for picking off targets from a distance...
    A Colt .45 Single Action Revolver for shooting people to death with only six shots (the bullets should ricochet off things like the wall so Lara can shot at enemies who are hidden behind objects.)
    A shotgun so that Lara can act like Sarah Connor from Terminator 2.
    A tranquilizer gun so she can subdue enemies without killing them.

And have an option of which two guns Lara uses so that you can have combinations (like a pistol and a tranquilizer gun or two Colt .45's)

Friggin rocket launcher... like the good old days of Tomb Raider III

Frisbees! Or maybe a slingshot + a handful of straightened paper clips?

::screams into the mic::

DESERT EAGLE!!

I know it's weird, but I loved that thing so much. (besides you know, the Rocket Launcher, but that thing was harder to shoot) Nothing stood a chance when I had Lara get out her Desert Eagle.

Weapons

What Bugged Me Bout TRL There Wasn't Really A Good Choice Of Weapons, What I Liked About TRIII Is That You Had A Selection, Uzi's I Think Are The Best Also The Shotgun, TRII And TRIII You Had The Harpoon Gun Which I Think Is A Bit Pants But What I Found Annoying Was That There Would Be Crocodiles In TRA On The Level Tomb Of Tihocan Where They Were At The Bottom I Mean You Could Just Drain The Water N Then Kill Them But It Would Of Been a Bit More Exciting To Get Hands On Underwater Even Though She Didn't Have The Weapon It Would Of Still Been Cool And You Wouldn't Be Able To Shoot The F'ers Anyway I Think They Should Put In A Sub Machine Gun The Uzi's, Magnums, Revolver, Desert Eagle and Maybe A New Underwater Weapon So We Can Get Hands On Not Just On Land But Underwater, I Think We Should Be Able To Use The Grappling Hook For A Weapon Like Hook Up The Legs N Take Them To The Floor So You Have The Advantage On The Opponant Or Even Like In TRL Hook Um Up N Drag Them Towards Ya Hehe, I Also Wouldn't Mind A Little Handy Knife That Would Fit In A Little Pocket In Her Boot Or Something, Just To Widen The Selection Also Help Her In Combat

Quote Originally Posted by JordG View Post
    What Bugged Me Bout TRL There Wasn't Really A Good Choice Of Weapons, What I Liked About TRIII Is That You Had A Selection, Uzi's I Think Are The Best Also The Shotgun, TRII And TRIII You Had The Harpoon Gun Which I Think Is A Bit Pants But What I Found Annoying Was That There Would Be Crocodiles In TRA On The Level Tomb Of Tihocan Where They Were At The Bottom I Mean You Could Just Drain The Water N Then Kill Them But It Would Of Been a Bit More Exciting To Get Hands On Underwater Even Though She Didn't Have The Weapon It Would Of Still Been Cool And You Wouldn't Be Able To Shoot The F'ers Anyway I Think They Should Put In A Sub Machine Gun The Uzi's, Magnums, Revolver, Desert Eagle and Maybe A New Underwater Weapon So We Can Get Hands On Not Just On Land But Underwater, I Think We Should Be Able To Use The Grappling Hook For A Weapon Like Hook Up The Legs N Take Them To The Floor So You Have The Advantage On The Opponant Or Even Like In TRL Hook Um Up N Drag Them Towards Ya Hehe, I Also Wouldn't Mind A Little Handy Knife That Would Fit In A Little Pocket In Her Boot Or Something, Just To Widen The Selection Also Help Her In Combat

Yeah, I agree that TR3 had the biggest/best selection of guns. The harpoon for me was totally pointless though. Why risk dying in the water because Lara is SO gawkward of swimming in TR3, when I can just get out the Desert Eagle?

Smile

I'd really be happy with just the 4 from TR:A again but maybe introduce a Rocket launcher near the end for the Last Boss of the Game. The desert Eagal was good too I agree with that, maybe they could swap the Magnums for Dual desert eagals this time! Maybe A multi-Purpose Gun Like Sam Fishers in Splinter cell that can double up as shotgun and rifle

So over all: Dual Pistols, Dual Desert E/ Magnums, Dual Uzi's, Shotgun-rifle, Rocket launcher. And I'm Happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai004 View Post

Well, considering her previous experiences when walking round the corner in search of a jolly artifact, she could bet on it there will be mercs or thugs hired by some seriously evil, deranged person.

I agree though taht a multi-shot grenade launcher would be silly; you can't climb with that on your back, next to your load of other weapons and a decent supply of ammo. However, if she carried an assault- or battlerifle, a 40mm underslung would be a nice compromise. A FN SCAR-H Mk.17 CQC cal. 7.62x39 M43 + FN EGLM 40mm + EOTech Holographic Reflex Sight, would be ideal; it's compact, reliable, the Russian 7.62x39 M43 has milder recoil than 7.62x51 NATO (enabling full auto fire) and more stopping power than the 5.56x45 NATO. More importantly it has the highest chance to be found as "drops" since it's standard AK-47 ammo, which will be the most likely weapon to be used by mercs, rebels or thugs in the areas she usually visits.

Still I do think it would be a bit overkill. Lara might come prepared, but she kills only when necessary. E.g. a HK UMP45 would be fine; uncomplicated lightweight .45 callibre SMG

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    I'd really be happy with just the 4 from TR:A again but maybe introduce a Rocket launcher near the end for the Last Boss of the Game. The desert Eagal was good too I agree with that, maybe they could swap the Magnums for Dual desert eagals this time! Maybe A multi-Purpose Gun Like Sam Fishers in Splinter cell that can double up as shotgun and rifle

So over all: Dual Pistols, Dual Desert E/ Magnums, Dual Uzi's, Shotgun-rifle, Rocket launcher. And I'm Happy.
    They actually intended to incorporate akimbo .50AE Desert Eagles in Underworld,.. they just couldn't find anyone stupid enough for the motion capture. However, after reading your post I suggested they contact you!

By the way, Fisher's gun was actually a FN Herstall F2000 with all sorts of mods installed on the picatinny rails.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123