Page 2 of 11 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: 3 months - no patch - disgraceful

3 months - no patch - disgraceful

  1. #26
    Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Just be patient guys. Whining and hurling insults at the developers is not going to speed the the process along. Yeah, I know a lot of people out there (myself included) have been frustrated with certain aspects of this game, but it's counterproductive to * about not having any patches... it's essentially the equivalent of being in the backseat of the car and asking "Are we there yet" every 5 minutes.

    The patch will be released when the patch is released. Everyone just needs to calm down.
    umm with all do respect how can you say "just be patient guys"

    do you not think the fact that we are over 3 months after release and ive waited till now to start this thread is patient? i hardly think bringing it up after 3 months can be likened to asking in a car 'every 5 minutes'.

    did you not read the points in the first post i made ? i suggest you do , then come back and reply. FACT 1) MANY(in fact the MAJORITY) of other devs get non-critical patches out within a DRASTICALLY shorter time frame than this FACT 2) with critical issues, many devs have patches ON RELEASE DAY or at very worse within a VERY VERY SHORT time frame FACT 3) we have been told a patch is coming practically every week since release, yet mysteriously we are NEVER told a release date FACT 4) if the patch were anywhere near relase then the devs WOULD BE IN A POSITION TO GIVE OUT AN ESTIMATED RELASE. as they havent, i suggest that the patch is not near to release (still) FACT 5) companies are not allowed to sell products in a state like this in any other aspect of industry. FACT 6) i was not informed anywhere on the box i needed a 360 controller, this debatably could amount to misinformation/deception.


    FACT 7) WE HAVE BEEN MORE THAN PATIENT!

    FACT 8) you say it'l be done when its done, but if a company has no customers demanding a patch for a broken product, then itl either a) never be made or b) be relased in december 2010


    oh and FACT9) perhaps customers would be more patient had we had an APOLOGY , the 5 letter 'S' word can go a long way. If they havent the courtesy to even press 5 keys on a keyboard, then i dont see why anyone should expect that courtesy off us in return.

  2. #27
    well said NovaBlack, this company is taken us for fools.....is it possible for Eidos to refund my game? or r they gonna refuse because ive opened mine already? the only reason why i brought this game is because of the Co-op but that wasnt Online :\ and ive only managed to play 3 online games with others because this game is so buggy!

  3. #28
    Originally Posted by spyglass
    well said NovaBlack, this company is taken us for fools.....is it possible for Eidos to refund my game? or r they gonna refuse because ive opened mine already? the only reason why i brought this game is because of the Co-op but that wasnt Online :\ and ive only managed to play 3 online games with others because this game is so buggy!
    i hear what your saying

    me and 2 friends pre-ordered it for release day for the multiplayer and co-op. and then we got it and found A) no Lan, b) it was split screen (on pc = wtf) c) we didnt have a 360 controller so couldnt play coop and d) there were practically NO servers online , and the login system was so crappy that we couldnt even get ONE GAME to work online. between 3 computers... for 3 hours of trying..

    totally felt scammed. but still i've respected Eidos, and done what they asked. But i have BEEN patient enough. this has got to stop.

    I at LEAST demand a formal apology if they expect us to keep waiting, not for an improvement patch, but for an essential patch to MAKE THE GAME WORK!

  4. #29
    I'm not denying that Eidos has left us hanging, and that in many ways Kane & Lynch is buggy, and the multiplayer component borderline unplayable... but I don't see why we can't be civil.

    Eidos knows that if they keep pissing people off no one will buy their sequel, so it's in their best interest to get this patch out as quickly as possible.

  5. #30
    Originally Posted by Kent-45
    I'm not denying that Eidos has left us hanging, and that in many ways Kane & Lynch is buggy, and the multiplayer component borderline unplayable... but I don't see why we can't be civil.

    Eidos knows that if they keep pissing people off no one will buy their sequel, so it's in their best interest to get this patch out as quickly as possible.

    Apologies then if i wasnt being civil, i never meant to be abusive or anything (genuinely). But its hard balance to be civil and at the same time try and show my clear anger and frustration at the situation. I have to stretch the boundaries slightly just to get my point across, in a way that wont be just simply ignored like all the other times this has been raised. Sorry again.

  6. #31
    you got nothing to be sorry about Novablack.

  7. #32
    Originally Posted by spyglass
    you got nothing to be sorry about Novablack.
    cheers spyglass



    lol the irony is immense, in the what.. 2 weeks this thread has been up, ive actually ended up saying sorry but eidos hasnt.

  8. #33
    All due respect kent but if i want to rant i will

    My son bought me this game with his savings for christmas and it doesn't work!

    if you bought a car and it didnt work for 3 months i doubt very much you would have been patient.

    This is no different....

    a car may be a lot of money to you and this game was a lot of money to my son.

    I dont think anyone has not been civil just stating their opinions as you are also doing.

    Eidos,, it would be nice for someone to step in and provide some information .......... or just get the game sorted!

  9. #34
    im guessing eidos dont even care anymore, they got our money and now there using it to make k&l2...there lack of posting on these forums proves it

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14
    Releasing a game to pay for another game is not new.
    Pacific Storm, Stalker, Arma. And now K&L.

  11. #36
    well..im gonna keep posting till we get a proper response to this.

    I can think of many websites that would love to hear about Eidos fantastic fast efficient customer service....

  12. #37

    Question Don´t understand...

    I just bought the game. it started just fine but then I got bluescreen and reboot after reboot and so on.... had heard that there were lots of probs with it, so i waited...but c´mon??!! no patch yet?? this is weird..are they even working on it...

  13. #38
    no - one knows!!

    all we get is a mod keep filling us full of hope

  14. #39
    Originally Posted by Jaydam
    no - one knows!!

    all we get is a mod keep filling us full of hope

    lol yeah definitely full of something..

    wow still no apology. im not going away.

  15. #40
    Originally Posted by NovaBlack
    lol yeah definitely full of something..

    wow still no apology. im not going away.
    Lol, i was trying to be Civil

  16. #41
    Originally Posted by Jaydam
    Lol, i was trying to be Civil
    lol sorry! ...omg second time ive said that now lol. Me 2, Eidos 0. lol. come on Eidos wake up. 5 letters come on

    S _ _ R Y ... come on you can fill in the blanks

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27
    Man I bought this game when it came out and to date, there is no fix for my issues.

    The game loads fine but in game I get this program has stopped responding I have tried this on XP, Vista x86 & 64 the same message. I have used the 8800 GTX KO ASC3 and now on 2 GTS 512 and the same damn error message. There have been countless driver old and new and nothing works. $50 paid for a beer coaster.

    Eidos if you are reading this C'mon and give us a F'ing patch already.

  18. #43
    get Army of Two guys, much better Co op Kane & Lynch will ever be...

  19. #44
    Originally Posted by spyglass
    get Army of Two guys, much better Co op Kane & Lynch will ever be...
    well from the experience ive had up to now a slap in the face would be a better co-op experience of kane and lynch than ive had.

    Plus the person slapping you in the face would ask you to pay for a 360 controller first.


    seriously Eidos, you cant actually apologise ? seriously not one dev can just...comment... and literally say.. sorry?

    Absolutely appalled. this threads been up for fair while and it REALLY isnt hard for customer services just to say sorry to a customer. its like rule number one in Customer service (and in any relationships) admit your mistakes, or at least say you can see how people would be annoyed (dont even need to admit mistakes) and say sorry for any frustration caused.

    I find it amazing not one official rep can do that.

    please you must see how ridiculous this is, and how the longer this thread continues unanswered the more disrespectful you look as a brand (its been at the top of the forum for AGES so dont say it wasnt noticed)


    im asking for a word. not blood from a stone.


  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27
    Originally Posted by NovaBlack
    well from the experience ive had up to now a slap in the face would be a better co-op experience of kane and lynch than ive had.

    Plus the person slapping you in the face would ask you to pay for a 360 controller first.


    seriously Eidos, you cant actually apologise ? seriously not one dev can just...comment... and literally say.. sorry?

    Absolutely appalled. this threads been up for fair while and it REALLY isnt hard for customer services just to say sorry to a customer. its like rule number one in Customer service (and in any relationships) admit your mistakes, or at least say you can see how people would be annoyed (dont even need to admit mistakes) and say sorry for any frustration caused.

    I find it amazing not one official rep can do that.

    please you must see how ridiculous this is, and how the longer this thread continues unanswered the more disrespectful you look as a brand (its been at the top of the forum for AGES so dont say it wasnt noticed)


    im asking for a word. not blood from a stone.

    And to think that Crysis has already released 2 patches, COD4 has released 5 patches the list goes on with great support for the gamers that we are except Eidos...

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    26
    3 words...

    Class
    Action
    Lawsuit


  22. #47
    lol but thats the point... all ive asked for since the start of this thread is an APOLOGY , just the word sorry... and nothing...


    Is this how eidos always treats their customers?


    im getting more and more tempted to email several well known sites about this.

    geez for the love of god.. i want 5 characters on screen.. thats all im asking for..

    Manners dont cost a thing.

  23. #48
    you know what makes this stand out even more..

    the 360 version of Bully (only just released) has a patch out next week to fix bugs.

    disgraceful eidos.

  24. #49
    It makes me wonder if they even worked on a patch at all.

    If they did, they were probably hoping it to be a big patch to fix a large number of issues, which is the wrong way to go. Two or three patches to fix things would have been smarter. You keep some people happy much faster than keeping only a select few happy forever. I see this kind of retarded line of though all across the industry. I understand if you're a small studio, but if there's serious game breaking bugs that you can patch so people can at the very least PLAY the game, you need to fix those bugs. As of right now, you guys are being viewed as a studio that will release another buggy product in the future.

    So the question is, why should I bother to buy any other products with this studios name on it when I've seen that they've done this?

  25. #50
    well put.


    as far as im concerned, anything with 'eidos' on it is bad news. And im glad it isnt just us who are realising it, several well known game sites have published several articles on this whol K&L debacle.

    Im disappointed though that i gave eidos a final chance to make up for some of their wrongs. I was obviously wasting my time. well heres something I CAN SAY eidos. sorry. sorry you wont be getting any more business from me in the future. All i asked for was a simple apology after you ripped me off, but you cant even do that. wow... im stunned. ive actually never had such a a bad experience with a publisher.

Page 2 of 11 First First 123456 ... Last