Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: (Dx1) Dragons Tooth VS (Dx:IW) Ninja Sword

(Dx1) Dragons Tooth VS (Dx:IW) Ninja Sword

I just mentioned the machete as a modern replacement for a broadsword or katana. I know that they're impractical for stealthy approaches. But if DX3 keeps swords as an option for close range combat, I'd rather have a machete instead of a flashy medieval sword.

Originally Posted by mouse
    I just mentioned the machete as a modern replacement for a broadsword or katana. I know that they're impractical for stealthy approaches. But if DX3 keeps swords as an option for close range combat, I'd rather have a machete instead of a flashy medieval sword.
    I see what you're saying. That makes way more sense than running around with a claymore like Mel Gibson (this is DX, not Elder Scrolls). Katanas are a really tired cliche as well. Although I'm more of a stealth guy, who'd love something like a hidden blade and stealth kill animations (if anyone important is reading!), your suggestion is perhaps the most practical one, stylistically, for those who love to get in a guard's face and hack away at him.

Stealth kill animations would be great if done properly, but the number of times I've sat in horror staring at a screen in which I'm being pumped with more lead than Queen Elizebeth's make up cabinet just because there's a spot on their shins I've neglected makes me caytious about such an idea. As for the claymore, I'm thinking anyone who wastes that much inventory space on such a dated weapon deserves what they get, and as far as katanas are concerned, I couldn't agree more. Now that I think about it a machette could be a welcome feature as a knife is quite deoendant on stealth, whereas their balance issue kinda makes a swing from them nigh unstoppable. I wouldn't take it, but that's just me, they could probably be the worth while equivelant of a crowbar.

I remember the time I first played IW and found the energy blade. I think the description read "The blade glows blue when activated", or something along those lines. I equip, and think: "Not much of a glow. I probably still have to activate it." That thought was reinforced when I took a swing at something. "Pathetic damage! Ok, now I'm CERTAIN it has to be activated somehow." Needless to say, I spent a good few minutes trying to do so in vain.

I thought the blade looked cooler in DX1, and had a better story behind it (3 types of nanobots continually hardening and sharpening it). As for the power of the blade, I think this whole thread may be confused.

The "Dragon's Tooth" is in Invisible War, its in JC's sanctuary, on top of a bookcase. All the other ones are called "Energy Blade". The Dragon Tooth Sword is more powerful than the Energy Blade.

If DX3 is a prequel, you can't rightly have a prototype sword. If its during the collapse or after invisible war I hope they have it, and make it more like how it looked from DX1.

(In DX2) I loved sneaking up behind a mil bot and scrambling it, just to watch the havok ensue.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12