Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should boulders return??

Should boulders return??

I mean,not like in anniversary, the one boulder they had in Peru wasn't a surprise or anything what so ever.

It Would Be Nice To See A Few Hidden Boulders Pop Out And Then WAM lara go buhh bye all smushed and stuff! ^_^

hehe,got a little carried away,but do you think they should bring the boulders back??

Smile

Yeah agree but they should make it like surprising way not like legend they showed us that its coming

Oh Yeah! Heck, why don't they just throw in like boulders with spikes that are meant to be traps made by the ancients just so they can say they have the "Realness" Factor they want. It's a win-win situation! we get to run from surprise boulders, and they get to say the games realistic!

I want them back for more excitement and action

I missed the boulders in TRA especially the Natla Mines, yes i think they should bring the boulders back.
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

I like boulders too.

Yes definatly!! I loved it like in TRIII when you walk past and suddenly the screen shakes and you hear a sound. So much atmosphere and made it scary and added atmosphere. You would look at every corner to see if you could see one, Although not having boulders wouldnt spoil the whole game. I'm happy to see a sequel Although some things are for the better
    No Comment.

Thumbs Up

if it is surprising, ok. bring them on
    Lara, whatever you do, where ever you go, there is no one like you left.

Heck yes! bring em back

A couple maybe, but I was never overly keen. I could never get out the way in time!

Yes, boulders. TRL had a few near the end of the Ghana level and TRA had one in the room near the end of the Peru level. Boulders would be fine, but not preceded by a cutscene like the one halfway through the Ghana level.

Cool etc.

... tomb raiders always have big boulders ... and spiked pits and dart traps and lurking animals and mythical beasts and mysterious characters (with ultimately bad intents) and ...

yea that right make them hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by William Croft View Post
    Yes definatly!! I loved it like in TRIII when you walk past and suddenly the screen shakes and you hear a sound. So much atmosphere and made it scary and added atmosphere. You would look at every corner to see if you could see one, Although not having boulders wouldnt spoil the whole game. I'm happy to see a sequel Although some things are for the better
    Lol. Tomb Raider III's boulders Always scared me,they popped out of nowhere!

But thats what makes me love tomb raider,the scaryness of the lvls which makes me so scared to where i don't wanna play,but then that makes me wanna play even more!

If that makes sense,but yea The boulders should be like tr 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Monkey View Post
    Lol. Tomb Raider III's boulders Always scared me,they popped out of nowhere!

But thats what makes me love tomb raider,the scaryness of the lvls which makes me so scared to where i don't wanna play,but then that makes me wanna play even more!

If that makes sense,but yea The boulders should be like tr 3!
    Totally agree with you
    No Comment.

Yes, Course, Anything That Makes The Game Harder And Longer. Agree ?

Quote Originally Posted by darklightdan View Post
    Yes, Course, Anything That Makes The Game Harder And Longer. Agree ?
    100% But add atmosphere to that list and i'll agree 150%
    No Comment.

Of course! It's the whole feel of the boulders, that made Tomb Raider ... TOMB RAIDER! There was many boulders in each game, and they should stay in each of them. Or at least something rolling after her! Like the barrels, from Tomb Raider 2.
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Goar View Post
    Of course! It's the whole feel of the boulders, that made Tomb Raider ... TOMB RAIDER! There was many boulders in each game, and they should stay in each of them. Or at least something rolling after her! Like the barrels, from Tomb Raider 2.
    Ah yes, The barrels
    But comon you gotta add boulders!
    No Comment.

I would also like those pendulum blades thing's from TR1.

Definitely! I loved the bolders from the old games. The ones that were so unexpected that when it came rolling towards you, you just jump up.

No cutscenes to show or anything.

The boulders in TR1 were fun because they were an obvious homage to Indiana Jones, and in many ways, TR1 felt like the closest thing to an Indy adventure I'd get, so I enjoyed that (of course now that Indy 4 is almost here, TR kind of takes a backseat in the adventurous archeaology department!)

In TR2 and 3, I felt they started overuse the boulders a bit. They were no longer just a "cool homage", they were becoming a bit repetative.

But now that we've had a good long break from them, yeah, it would fun to have a few more boulders in TRU... especially ones that take you by surprise (I don't want a prolonged cinematic before the boulder starts rolling, thank you very much.)

Bolders where cool and scary depending on what situation you were in Legend i found frustrating in Ghana, only because of the camera on certain bits?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb-Dude View Post
    Bolders where cool and scary depending on what situation you were in Legend i found frustrating in Ghana, only because of the camera on certain bits?
    Oh yes Ghanas ones, They were fun.. You would walk and suddenly you would hear a noise and you'll have to swing across then you would arrive go up a few spaces and hear another one then swing back and hear another one. Hhahahahahahah thats what tomb raider alls about.
    And the one that falls out and you have to run (when zip says; do you hear that? Lara: I feel that!) that was brilliant although I agree the camera did change and i died a couple of times there
    No Comment.

Bolder should arrive in less expected area's like pull a switch quickly move or get squashed sort of thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast