Thread: Best dogfighting maneuvers in game

Best dogfighting maneuvers in game

Best dogfighting maneuvers in game

I'd have to say that the 'ole Tom Cruise cut the throttle and pull your nose up works pretty well.

Even when you stall you still usually have enough time to recover and get on their six.

Originally Posted by mpmcgraw
    I'd have to say that the 'ole Tom Cruise cut the throttle and pull your nose up works pretty well.

Even when you stall you still usually have enough time to recover and get on their six.
    I use my old dogfighting tactics from Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator II. In a sing career on that game I downed 82 assorted Japanese aircraft and sank 52 ships including three carriers, and that was on hard difficultiy.

Okay enough bragging.

So I took from what I knew and from what was able to be done on BSM and intergrated the two. Works out for me when I'm manually in control of the aircraft.

Originally Posted by Sub Hunter
    I use my old dogfighting tactics from Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator II. In a sing career on that game I downed 82 assorted Japanese aircraft and sank 52 ships including three carriers, and that was on hard difficulty.

Okay enough bragging.

So I took from what I knew and from what was able to be done on BSM and intergrated the two. Works out for me when I'm manually in control of the aircraft.
    I've been flying for over 15 years now in all kinds of arcade simulators, including Ace Combats 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ZERO, and X, as well as various other no-name arcade sims like Wings of War, Battle of Europe, and a little bit of Lock On: Modern Air Combat. In Aces I gained all the medals and secrets, beat all levels on Ace Difficulty (one missile hit = death) and in Ace Combat 4 I downed 1,000,000 enemy aircraft...so I'm decent.

Originally Posted by Arrow
    I've been flying for over 15 years now in all kinds of arcade simulators, including Ace Combats 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ZERO, and X, as well as various other no-name arcade sims like Wings of War, Battle of Europe, and a little bit of Lock On: Modern Air Combat. In Aces I gained all the medals and secrets, beat all levels on Ace Difficulty (one missile hit = death) and in Ace Combat 4 I downed 1,000,000 enemy aircraft...so I'm decent.
    Well I was on full realism and in a campaign, so 1,000,000 was physically impossible on my account. But for a WWII profile I'd say I'm a highly decorated Ace.

BSM though isn't full realism =P

But yeah, I say I'm only decent because true aces can do this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=WcNUc0s3zFk
    Taking on all the bosses in Ace Combat Zero in an F-117 (attack plane, meant for air-to-ground stuff) using guns only, no missiles

EDIT: Oh yeah, on hardest difficulty

hmm i'm pretty good too on ace combat games and i don't use specific tricks in dogfights
    i just searh for the enemy and then they're dead

My favourite tactics include the high and low yoyos to stay behind an enemy without losing airspeed.

Ace Combat is an arcade game that is not realistic in any sense. You might as well be saying "I can twirl this paper airplane around in my hand in really cool ways!".

Ace Combat is an arcade game that is not realistic in any sense. You might as well be saying "I can twirl this paper airplane around in my hand in really cool ways!".
    Neither is BSM, so if you intend to get this game looking for something realistic, just get something else already.

Agreed.

Now Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, that's well... as real as it gets next to the actual thing.

I remember I was on this attack mission and we had some Zeros come in on our six outta the clouds, our altitude was about 5,000 or so. I decided to pull off an outside loop, I did it and got so low that all four Zeros hit the water. As soon as I levelled off, even for a sim I could feel my heart beating from that.

Read aviators!!!!

I know this post is a little old, however you need to get yourself to www.hitechcreations.com and download aces high. This is for sure the most realistic WWII dogfighting game in the world. Also, expect to learn how to fly an aircraft all over again. I am a real world pilot and fly all the time in the real world but this game still kicked my butt in the begining. It takes about two weeks before you get any good at it. Also there is a two week free trial.