Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65

Thread: Dead stays dead.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,814

    Dead stays dead.

    I read on game informer that dead animals and foes will stick around in TR U and not disappear like the last couple of TR's. Not only that but once you quit the game and restart the following day the dead will still be the (on PS3 at least).

  2. #2
    Yup it true which brigns me to mypoint:

    Soemthing tells me that 14-16+ in PEGI ain't gna be around for long. I perosnally don't look to seeing dead body's lying around in TR games, nt used to it but I guess I can adjust!

    But debris staying aorund, no problemo!
    http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...rugrlnsig3.jpg
    ^Click to visit the home of the Tomb Raider: Fan Magazine
    Exclusively from RUGRLN

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,814
    Ms. Croft will leave behind a path of destruction which means someone might be tracking her. A panther! He won't relent. I don't think I'll looking back to see if she leaves mud prints.

  4. #4
    From what I remember, from the older TR games; whenever you killed something the body stayed there. Like Tomb Raider1 for example. Even after killing off the Atlantean monster at the end of the game the corpse was left there.

    It'd be much more realistic if the corpse stayed there.. I'd like it more.. I thought it was awkward for the body disappearing in the remake..
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,814
    In TRA the T-Rex didn't disappear like in TR1. When did the bodies start disappearing was it TR3 or AOD? It's been so long I'll have to replay them to find out.

  6. #6
    Well dunno but come to think of it I think even TR3 they never disappeared....I dunno I just can't rememeber really got ocnfused!!
    http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...rugrlnsig3.jpg
    ^Click to visit the home of the Tomb Raider: Fan Magazine
    Exclusively from RUGRLN

  7. #7

    Big Grin

    Thats really good i think that will make the game more real

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,239
    I agree I remember talking about this here quite a while ago.

    It helps you find your way around (the corpses can act as kind of landmarks) and you also know that you’ve killed the creature.

    Also, I like to inspect my dead bodies… That sounds creepy, but you don’t get to see what you’re fighting in much detail if it’s jumping round clawing at your face. So what's the point of them BEING in detail, if they just disappear once there dead?
    "I'm up for a little heresy"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,135
    I doubt if this option will be available on the PS2. Shame...

    But I like the idea

    I actually found it strange that the minor enemies would disappear but the humans - Larson, Kid etc stayed put. I inspected Kid and Kold during play. They looked quite peaceful. :lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,027
    I'm glad they are finally doing it and also like Athiest i like to inpect my dead bodies after wards. But what would make me laugh is if thye had like a last breathe and the animals like jump and either try and claw you face, one more time or try and bit it before they are well one and truly dead.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,814
    Here's a creepy thought if TombRaider.in.Training is right and the line between the living and the dead becomes blurred wouldn't all those dead corpses laying around come back to life?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,027
    Zombies no... please NO!




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    Here's a creepy thought if TombRaider.in.Training is right and the line between the living and the dead becomes blurred wouldn't all those dead corpses laying around come back to life?
    How about no.
    "I'm up for a little heresy"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
    How about no.
    I agree with you athiest!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,814
    After reading the Inventory And Weapons in TRU... thread, a few thoughts went through my little nogging. If Lara will

    If the dead bodies are not all going to be permanent landmarks of the terrain and Lara leaving a trail, which now I see the reason we need a

    aren't we gonna do the following all the time:
    1) Run around trying to finish as quickly as possible?
    2) Just make us want to use her old pistols?
    and finally
    3) Scare the living heck out of us?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    After reading the Inventory And Weapons in TRU... thread, a few thoughts went through my little nogging. If Lara will

    If the dead bodies are not all going to be permanent landmarks of the terrain and Lara leaving a trail, which now I see the reason we need a

    aren't we gonna do the following all the time:
    1) Run around trying to finish as quickly as possible?
    2) Just make us want to use her old pistols?
    and finally
    3) Scare the living heck out of us?
    Spoiler #1: She probably will...
    Spoiler #2: (Well, the comment before) I think they'd all stay...
    1) That's more of a personal thing... did you do that for TR3-6?
    2) Can't wait for the Pistol vs. Tranq. debates when the game comes out....
    3) Well, not too scary I hope.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    Spoiler #1: She probably will...
    Spoiler #2: (Well, the comment before) I think they'd all stay...
    1) That's more of a personal thing... did you do that for TR3-6?
    2) Can't wait for the Pistol vs. Tranq. debates when the game comes out....
    3) Well, not too scary I hope.
    1) Well no animals didn't chase me up walls.
    2) Can't wait either. I'm wondering how many folks are actually gonna use the tranq
    3) From what has already been speculate on it's gonna be a Halloween fright fest. Have you seen the weather shots poring rain lightning black panthers shadowy humanoids lurking in the dark?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    1) Well no animals didn't chase me up walls.
    2) Can't wait either. I'm wondering how many folks are actually gonna use the tranq
    3) From what has already been speculate on it's gonna be a Halloween fright fest. Have you seen the weather shots poring rain lightning black panthers shadowy humanoids lurking in the dark?
    1) I'm playing TR2 (for the first time) now.... the dudes that whack Lara can climb to follow Lara... that stinks. And they're more powerful than the gunmen... I didn't really sprint too much in TR3... don't particularly hurry through levels unless training for time trials... or performing them
    2)"Hi, I'm new to the series. Didn't join before because of the horrible violence to animals...." Okay, I'm probably stereotyping a bit...
    3)I'll just use my PLS a lot... and draw pistols when she isn't using them... (Lara can see in the dark... I can see that she's aiming...)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    1) I'm playing TR2 (for the first time) now.... the dudes that whack Lara can climb to follow Lara... that stinks. And they're more powerful than the gunmen... I didn't really sprint too much in TR3... don't particularly hurry through levels unless training for time trials... or performing them
    2)"Hi, I'm new to the series. Didn't join before because of the horrible violence to animals...." Okay, I'm probably stereotyping a bit...
    3)I'll just use my PLS a lot... and draw pistols when she isn't using them... (Lara can see in the dark... I can see that she's aiming...)
    Uh that post is a little, are you joking or not.
    1) TR2 is my all time fave. How you liking it so far?
    2)
    3? She looks cool running around in them LOL kinda like running with scissors

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    0)Uh that post is a little, are you joking or not.
    1) TR2 is my all time fave. How you liking it so far?
    2)
    3? She looks cool running around in them LOL kinda like running with scissors
    0) Don't quite get what you mean...
    1) Loving it... up to opera house...
    2) never mind.... but really? Who are they selling the Tranq gun to?
    3) Yep. I like it a bit more in the 'classic' games where she holds the guns high...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    0) Don't quite get what you mean...
    1) Loving it... up to opera house...
    2) never mind.... but really? Who are they selling the Tranq gun to?
    3) Yep. I like it a bit more in the 'classic' games where she holds the guns high...
    1) The Opera house took me ages to pass I could never make that uh landing, you'll see what I mean
    2) No I got it just not the last part. Which was you're first TR. Crossing my fingers to hear you say TRA. I don't support cruelty to animals you could probably survive the game with out killing anything plus it adds to the difficulty, what I like is the unpredictability of it that gives you that heart attack when the pop out of nowhere. And if you're would prefer not always using guns in a level you're gonna love The Offshore Rig level coming up
    3) Yeah she looks cool, not that she doesn't look cool without them

    P.S see how the big brutes have clubs instead of guns and how they don't look like every other merc?

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    1) The Opera house took me ages to pass I could never make that uh landing, you'll see what I mean
    2) No I got it just not the last part. Which was you're first TR. Crossing my fingers to hear you say TRA. I don't support cruelty to animals you could probably survive the game with out killing anything plus it adds to the difficulty, what I like is the unpredictability of it that gives you that heart attack when the pop out of nowhere. And if you're would prefer not always using guns in a level you're gonna love The Offshore Rig level coming up
    3) Yeah she looks cool, not that she doesn't look cool without them

    P.S see how the big brutes have clubs instead of guns and how they don't look like every other merc?
    1) Um... maybe when I've done the level I'll know what you mean. (I'm not sure how far through I am... I'd have to look at a walkthrough or finish it to say...)
    2) Haha... I'll disappoint you then... My first one was legend... then anniversary. Then TR3... now TR2...
    2b) "no guns = love of Offshore rig level"... this either means swimming or weaponless... lovely....
    3) Well... cool with guns, good-looking without them... (EDIT: prefer with pistols....)

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    1) Um... maybe when I've done the level I'll know what you mean. (I'm not sure how far through I am... I'd have to look at a walkthrough or finish it to say...)
    2) Haha... I'll disappoint you then... My first one was legend... then anniversary. Then TR3... now TR2...
    2b) "no guns = love of Offshore rig level"... this either means swimming or weaponless... lovely....
    3) Well... cool with guns, good-looking without them... (EDIT: prefer with pistols....)
    1) I can understand, wished I had a walk through then (scratch that) I had way more fun without it. Hurry up and pas it before Underworld plz nah just kidding take you're time.
    2) (chuckles...)
    3) Can't argue with you there.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    1) I can understand, wished I had a walk through then (scratch that) I had way more fun without it. Hurry up and pas it before Underworld plz nah just kidding take you're time.
    2) (chuckles...)
    3) Can't argue with you there.
    1) Yep... I looked at a walkthrough way too much for TR3... and felt guilty... (and for Myst 4 as well... it was the best one of the series I think...)
    2) I'm annoyed at my progress... I thought I was doing so well... I raised a curtain... and then lowered it so I could do stuff but the next door is closed (and there's a thug who bashes Lara if she stands too close to it...) EDIT: Oh, you have to look up...
    3) Yep... I've heard TR2 has a *good underwater level* in it... it'll be fun/odd to compare that to TRU... (I wanna try the dual pistols underwater *if they happened to work...*)

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    1) Yep... I looked at a walkthrough way too much for TR3... and felt guilty... (and for Myst 4 as well... it was the best one of the series I think...)
    2) I'm annoyed at my progress... I thought I was doing so well... I raised a curtain... and then lowered it so I could do stuff but the next door is closed (and there's a thug who bashes Lara if she stands too close to it...) EDIT: Oh, you have to look up...
    3) Yep... I've heard TR2 has a *good underwater level* in it... it'll be fun/odd to compare that to TRU... (I wanna try the dual pistols underwater *if they happened to work...*)
    1) I didn't use a walk through till uh Aod I think or was it Chronicles it happen so long ago I too felt guilty. Now I remember I still have (drum roll please) It was Chronicles. I got one for Aod but it was so easy/boring that I didn't need to look.
    2) Makes think doesn't it?
    3) You can thank TR2 for that, that and the bikin in the back or the CD, and the Spear gun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •