Thread: Dead servers , can we get more alpha invites tossed out?

Dead servers , can we get more alpha invites tossed out?

They're testing some sort of region locking so the usual bunch of rabid EU players aren't around atm

Ahh ok. Thanks for the info.

I've been sitting in a lobby for twenty minutes and I've only seen 4-5 other people on the entire server. It was already a challenge some nights to get enough people on during the North American window. Seems like either the region-locking thing needs to be removed, or a *lot* more players need to be added to the alpha who are in this hemisphere :\.

Say no to region locking!

Didn't Microsoft try that on the X-Bone pre-release, and remove it right away because Region-locking suxx

Maybe they are practicing on us so it works on the viets?

Originally Posted by Oroibahazopi
    This, and as I understand it dota 2 doesn't region lock either. Not only that apparently region locking is a pile of paperwork thats not even worth it.

Originally Posted by Oroibahazopi
    The region lock is issued not because they want to be ***s like Ninny or Micros but because playing across continents generates a huge latency and that's helluva annoying. If you don't know how annoying it is try shooting laggy players in GunZ. Accounting ping in your shots is hell.

Although the game is the same style as gunz, the mechanics are WAY different. And I've played vs 250+ pingers and noticed little to no difference vs 10 pingers on these servers.