Thread: My complaints with Kane and Lynch

My complaints with Kane and Lynch

My complaints with Kane and Lynch

Before I go into this, I'd just like to mention that I am a long-time fan of the Hitman series, and a big fan of this game. I enjoy this game a lot, and if anything... Kane and Lynch makes me optimistic for the future of this series.

1. Games for Windows - This is quite possibly the biggest annoyance I have with Kane and Lynch. Sending messages to people over this is entirely too convoluded and slow, and any PC Gamer with a keyboard will feel like they're in a Ferrari going 20 miles per hour. Between the annoying mouseless interface, getting bumped to the main screen and being forced to click through a cinematic every time a join-attempt fails (or anything in Windows Live crashes), and the fact that I'm being asked to pay a monthly fee to access a good portion of the multiplayer features in this game leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. Eidos: if I wanted to get raped with monthly fees, I'd go back to World of Warcraft thankyouverymuch. And paying for content? Why should I have to pay for content that should have been in the game in the first place? If there's one thing I hate, it's being nickeled and dimed... my cell phone company does this to me on a regular basis, I don't need you doing it too, Eidos. I also believe that the intrusive and convoluded nature of this Xbox-Live system are also the primary reason that no one seems to play in the "List Play" lobbies... waiting 10 minutes for a 4 person game is not uncommon at all. Maybe all the people are in the Gold Premium Mega Ultra lobbies, or maybe they're all playing some other game... either way it's annoying. I really think Eidos should consider ditching Games for Windows in Kane and Lynch 2.

2. Bullet physics - My second gripe is pretty much the bullet physics in Kane and Lynch. The bullet trails are annoyingly unrealistic, and when you shoot it doesn't *feel* like you're actually shooting stuff. Coming straight from games like Hitman Contracts and Hitman Blood Money, you'll notice the difference right away. To make things worse, the accuracy of the guns is pretty terrible, even when in AIM mode. The dinky MP5 in Fragile Alliance doesn't hit anything unless you're 2 feet in front of it. The M4 and SIG are a tad better, but not much. Overall this needs tweaking.

3. Overall lack of options - and lastly, my overall complaint with the game is the lack of options. The gun selection doesn't hold a candle to even the worst Hitman game. Why can't we customize our mercenary's appearance for Fragile Alliance? Why can't we hang out the windows of the escape van and shoot at people? Why can't the money we earn from heists be added to our profile or something, and be used to purchase equipment?

Kane and Lynch just feels... unfinished. It's got so much potential and it seems that a lot of it was just rushed out the door. This could have easily been one of the best titles this year if they had taken the time to fine-tune some of the gameplay mechanics, and create an enjoyable multiplayer experience. In it's current state, Kane and Lynch is pretty much doomed to be just a B-rate third person shooter.

Sorry to say but point 2 is bull. It's realistic.

uh, no, he's absolutely right. the tracers are unrealistic and absolutely unnecessary. they are the key reason that i will not be purchasing this game.

Originally Posted by solecist
    uh, no, he's absolutely right. the tracers are unrealistic and absolutely unnecessary. they are the key reason that i will not be purchasing this game.
    No, he's not. And if that is the key reason that you will not purchase this game than i feel sorry for you.

Actually i found the bullets to be one of the things that were refreshingly realisting in this game.
    There is no WAY in hell anyone can be as cool under fire as some of the characters we play in games.

I think you will actually find that most other games are more unrealistic in terms of their over accuracy.
    You CAN pop off some extrememly accurate shots in K&L and can take people out with a single shot to the head...

Most of the guns used in this game are also mid ranged and NOT long ranged weapons.

The only real problem with this game is that it dared to be different and not follow the same template that all the other games out have followed.
    The more you play it the more you get used to a new set of controls and rules and you actually start to like and understand the cover system and aiming.

I also believe that the reason you can not customise your character in FA is becuase each round your characters appearance reflects how you played and so on.
    If you are winning you will look different. If you were a traitor in the last round you will look different. Also your armor type changes the way you look
    Its a very subtle way of letting you know who to keep an eye on and who you might want to take down next time around and deffinately adds some dynamic to your decision making and how you want to approach your ultimate betrayal of your team.
    Adding customisation would make this harder to read. I believe it was a conscious decision to just keep things simple.

You can't lean out the van and shoot becase thats obsurd.
    By committing yourself to entering the van, you have essentially opted out of the rest of the round... the other players now have an opportunity to take you out if they wish, which in most cases they will only do if you are leaving early.
    It would be very unbalanced if you could lean out the van and take someone down while you are pretty much safe for the round.

Finally you CAN buy weapons and upgrades.
    This isn't rainbow six though. The very heart of the game is its simplicity. Its a very fine balance giving peopel a game with litterally NO rules.
    If you start introducing too many factors into this, the balance could be totally ruined.

Think about it... if you are taken out in the first round you have no money to buy anything with for the next round. If the guy or guys that took you down now have some super duper master chief style armor and rocket launchers and shotguns... you are never ever going to stand a hope in hell of getting them back, let alone ever escaping again in this match wiht any money.

the original poster is NUTS

I read your little diatribe about the masterpiece that was Kane and Lynch and I ask you: Who do you think you are?
    Are you trying to convince us that this excellent, AAA, top-tier game is not good? Others have tried and been struck down. I think you should look in the mirror and reevaluate your very way of thinking. Thousands of gamers and reviewers can't be wrong. Which leads to the natural conclusion that you are the one in the wrong.

9.5 on a 10 point scale.

Originally Posted by unihoaxer
    I read your little diatribe about the masterpiece that was Kane and Lynch and I ask you: Who do you think you are?
    He's somebody who voiced a valid opinion in a far less *****baggy way than yours, especially considering he openly stated that he likes the game.

As far as AAA, that's so easily refuted that it's like banging sticks over a retard's head, to put it in terms you're probably familiar with. Between dropped plot points, uneven difficulty, an unlikeable cast, and AI that compels seasoned fighters to stick their head in your way the moment you launch a grenade, Kane & Lynch needed a lot of work that it did not receive. And this doesn't even come close to completing the list, but the blur filter when you take damage is so bad that it renders the enemy practically invisible, so the game also punishes you for needing to do better.

I sincerely believe they didn't even use testers for the opening Havana stage.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the game. To a point. It's just that calling it a AAA game is like calling a one dollar microwave burrito a five star meal, it's satisfying enough to do the trick when you don't have superior alternatives but people will still assume you're an idiot.

Issues

I have a minor issue, it's so easy but yet I can't figure it out even though it says it on the screen... I'ts very frustrating because I can't give Lynch the shotgun and it says on the screen, (Click and hold RS and push LS upwards twice, to give a primary weapon to lynch) I do that and nothing happens this is the first time something likes this happens to me on a game... I can't belive it my self that i can't even give lynch the shotgun. I own the game for 360... maybe someone can give me some pointers. Thanks.

Originally Posted by KOFDodgers
    I have a minor issue, it's so easy but yet I can't figure it out even though it says it on the screen... I'ts very frustrating because I can't give Lynch the shotgun and it says on the screen, (Click and hold RS and push LS upwards twice, to give a primary weapon to lynch) I do that and nothing happens this is the first time something likes this happens to me on a game... I can't belive it my self that i can't even give lynch the shotgun. I own the game for 360... maybe someone can give me some pointers. Thanks.

nevermind I got it to work...

Originally Posted by solecist
    my reason a co op that has no online co op LAME THATS MY REASON

Originally Posted by unihoaxer
    Are you trying to convince us that this excellent, AAA, top-tier game is not good? Others have tried and been struck down. I think you should look in the mirror and reevaluate your very way of thinking. Thousands of gamers and reviewers can't be wrong. Which leads to the natural conclusion that you are the one in the wrong.

9.5 on a 10 point scale.
    AAA GAME who gave it a 9.5 out of 10 who nobody.this is not a triple a game far from it but you are entiled to your opinion.this game got mostly 5&6 out of 10below subpar what r u smokin

Originally Posted by Crosiss
    my reason a co op that has no online co op LAME THATS MY REASON
    Did you registered yourself only to complain about the game? 'cause it's getting really annoying.

no my some of my post date before the release of this gem that turned to crap. Im also annoyed too, i dont care if i annoy u or not .

I basically bought K&L for the multiplayer. If it was a single-player only game I probably would have uninstalled it by now.

either way, I doubt I will purchase Kane & Lynch 2... even if it is amazing. Eidos needs to work on their customer service.

The driver in the cockpit

Dude that driver in the dump truck is pissing me off I can't kill him. All that needs to be done is to shoot out the glass in the driver's cockpit but I keep shooting at it as much as I can with my machine gun and it doesn't break. Does anyone know where to stand to shoot that cockpit out? I usually always go on top of the nearest car. I'll keep trying and see what happens. Thanks to all.

Dude that driver in the dump truck is pissing me off I can't kill him. All that needs to be done is to shoot out the glass in the driver's cockpit but I keep shooting at it as much as I can with my machine gun and it doesn't break. Does anyone know where to stand to shoot that cockpit out? I usually always go on top of the nearest car. I'll keep trying and see what happens. Thanks to all.
    Disregard guys I passed that lever already. It seems like everytime I ask for help here in this forum about the game I pass the level, that's cool I just bought this game not too long ago and I'm already hooked.

Im having the same problems Im going to take the game back ive had enough already. If a game is going to be that difficult that controls that you are instructed to do dont work well it and im getting my money back

gaime iz bad.

anyone here hear of a game called 25 to life?

K&L mutliplayer = copy/paste 25toLife - customization.

eidos ftl.