Thread: Random Crashes.

Random Crashes.

Random Crashes.

i have tried lots of fixes but it still randomly reboots my pc..

NOT GOOD!!

any suggestions i may have missed please let me know.

Once it starts to get a busy on screen it borks BIGTIME!

im on charpter 11 freedom fighters and it looks like im not going any further.

updated drivers
    updated live
    turned off themes

Asus p5 mobo
    E6700 core 2
    radion crossfire x1950
    4 gig ram
    xp 32bit

Does it reboot your PC at the same point?

Did your PC reboot at other points?

Does your PC reboot with any other game?

I ask this because a rebooting PC is also a sign of overheating, power supply going bad, or faulty RAM.

The machine is as stable as bill gates bank balance.

the machine never reboots and it only happens randomly during this game.

Have you updated to the latest version of DirectX 9? (This probably won't fix your issue, but it's worth a shot.)

It sounds like it very well could be an issue with the game if it occurs only with this game. This game is buggy and there's been no mention of a patch except "one is on the way" for the past two months or so now.

yup,

all upto speed with every driver ya can imagine.

i was just making sure im not missing anything important by posting here.

Would be good to see a patch as i dont think ive ever had a game thats so buggy it crashes my box.

/me taps fingers waiting.....

Another few weeks passes by........Still nothing...

Quality Service huh....

Dum de Dum ,,,

oohh look there is another grey hair.....!

do the eidos developers/customer care (lol) team actually browse these forums or are they all hiding cos their game is broke?

I bought this game today, excited as hell to play something new, only to have it crash to my desktop every single time I've tried to play it... reading these forums suggests there is no fix, I can't believe I wasted my money on this *****

Take the game back and tell them it doesn't work. If they try to give you another copy, just ask for store credit. Most places will be more than happy to issue store credit.

Originally Posted by Kneo24
    Take the game back and tell them it doesn't work. If they try to give you another copy, just ask for store credit. Most places will be more than happy to issue store credit.
    I got it from EB. The guy kept talking about hardware and such, but I wasn't really listening since I knew my PC was more than quick enough for it. He said something about that if it's "defective" then they could only switch it for a new copy, I'm not sure about the store credit part since I just wanted to get home and play. I'll bring it in tomorrow and hope to god I get credit..

As a consumer, you have rights and those rights trump store policy when it concerns a defective product. All PC copies of the game are "defective", as there is no available solution to get the game working properly. It was not the intention of the developers for the game to not work across a lot of different types of PC's, but that is the end result.

If they argue with you, just show them these forums. If that doesn't get you anywhere, accept your loss, or become yet another martyr and spend time in the courts.