Thread: "Nosgoth" Has Its First Original Character?!

"Nosgoth" Has Its First Original Character?!

"Nosgoth" Has Its First Original Character?!

Hi!

Of course, I'm referring to Eskandor, introduced in the most recent Razielim update. I didn't see a thread about this yet and I was curious to hear opinions about this rather substantial development.

Personally, I'm thrilled that the devs are stepping out creating new characters with this game. I hope Eskandor isn't the last we see. I think that new characters and stories are the only way to make this game relevant canon-wise, rather than just being a series of deathmatches with no real stakes in the overall LoK lore. Hopefully, we get to meet some new Human characters soon, such as the leaders/elders of the different classes. (Hope I haven't missed a post about that)

But yeah, what do you guys think about Eskandor? Will he take Raziel's place in the eyes of the Lieutenants and serve as the new representative of his clan? Will he get killed in the next update? hahaha I relly enjoyed this update, reading about the Razielim clawing their way out of hiding. Interesting stuff. What say YOU of these developments?!

Cheers!

I'm afraid you probably missed something. New characters had already been introduced in a previous post. There was discussion of that, somewhere.

Well there actually was already 1 new original character, Elustra the leader of the Alchemists. Still I agree this does seem quite interesting. And I especially liked the story of this group of Razielim, literally clawing there way out of an underground vault for maybe close to a century. it definitely puts to rest the issue of their de-evolution in my opinion. I'm just surprised they maintained there sanity over that period of time with there thirst gnawing at them. Though perhaps not all of their minds are completely intact after all crazy people don't know their crazy. Still Raziel was the most willful, and determined of any of the Patriarchs so if they inherited any of that i'm not surprised they lasted as long.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how this truce between Eskandor and Dumah works out. I doubt Eskandor's just going to kow-tow to him and Turel after learning they're responsible for the death of their clan... Unless. They don't tell him that part. (;

Originally Posted by Umbralim

I'm also looking forward to seeing how this truce between Eskandor and Dumah works out. I doubt Eskandor's just going to kow-tow to him and Turel after learning they're responsible for the death of their clan... Unless. They don't tell him that part. (;
    I spoke to a friend of mine about this earlier, this is exactly what we assumed is going to happen. Just not tell the Razielim what happened, blame the humans for it and such. On that note, I'd love to see an official image of the Razielim with wings before they went all de-evolved and such, though I doubt it exists.

Elustra and Laderic has beaten Eskandor to it. Take Raziel's place - the place of their superior and Kain's favorite son? Hardly. Become a leader and representative of the Razielim Remnant? Possible.

Wow, I guess I did miss a bit. Glad to say I'm all caught up now. Thanks, guys!

Of course Eskandor won't achieve much, if any, esteem as far as the Lieutenants or Kain is concerned, but he likely will serve as the Razielim figurehead. I look forward to seeing him interact with the Lieutenants and how that dynamic works. By this point, Kain is gone and wouldn't care anyway.

I'm psyched we've gotten this handful of new characters, even though one is dead already. haha I'm looking forward to seeing all this playout in the game.

Eskandor and Laderic? SUPER COOL! Elustra? strange story, but I liked the character, after all. They are doing a great job with the lore behind Nosgoth, don't you think?
    signature image

Originally Posted by ZeroFernir
    Eskandor and Laderic? SUPER COOL! Elustra? strange story, but I liked the character, after all. They are doing a great job with the lore behind Nosgoth, don't you think?
    Agreed they've definetly stepped up the game and so fart the Razielim stories getting engaging, and I feel so far they've done a great job so far portraying the Lieutenants as well. With Dumah's militaristic arrogacne. Turel's hollow nobility, Zephon Scheming, Melciah's wretchedness, and I especially like the part about Rahab being a futile voice of reason it fits him, since he fought raziel knowing he would die and I always thought he unlike his brothers maintained some of his memory about being a sarafan. "Since he said Kain saved them from themselves".

Yeah the more lore they add, the more i want to play this, and I applied for a beta key right at the beginning, is there no love for the die hard fan

anyway i hope we get to have the pre SR1 period fleshed out a lot more, with more characters that fit the feel, and I now more than ever really hope that we get a new singleplayer game

Originally Posted by Umbralim
    Agreed they've definetly stepped up the game and so fart the Razielim stories getting engaging, and I feel so far they've done a great job so far portraying the Lieutenants as well. With Dumah's militaristic arrogacne. Turel's hollow nobility, Zephon Scheming, Melciah's wretchedness, and I especially like the part about Rahab being a futile voice of reason it fits him, since he fought raziel knowing he would die and I always thought he unlike his brothers maintained some of his memory about being a sarafan. "Since he said Kain saved them from themselves".
    I hope they make Melchiah really morbid too. It would suit him. As well as kind of ridiculously vain, despite being a patchwork of different skins.