Thread: Cant find file for package "Engine" "Deus EX GOTY"

Cant find file for package "Engine" "Deus EX GOTY"

Cant find file for package "Engine" "Deus EX GOTY"

Hi, i just installed Deus EX GOTY

I had to quit those three process in windows task Manager "processes tab" to get it to finish installing "systemfiles.exe , texturefiles.exe , MPmaps.exe" So after that, it gives me the option to Play or reinstall, uninstall, ect

So then when i try to play the game it gets to the load screen and gives me this critical Error

"Failed to enter entry : Can't Find file for package "Engine"

History : UGameEngine::Init <- XGameEngineEXT::init <-DDeusExGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine"

I have WINXP 64x bit ,up to date software
    1gig ram
    Nvidia 7900
    CD/DVD-r drive...it works well
    It worked years ago for some reason, the only thing that has changed about this computer is it has be reformatted ALOT(i like to delete my computer when i have to much stuff on it...the whole HD" and a new graphics card

Thanks

Try copying the entire CD to a temp folder and run setup.exe from there.

Thank you very much, the game loads now

I'm having this same problem. Can someone tell me where the Temp folder is?

Originally Posted by kewlfewl
    I'm having this same problem. Can someone tell me where the Temp folder is?
    Default install of Windows XP...

C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temp

It still has that same stupid error. This is starting to piss me off. Anyone have any other suggestions?

You're not understanding what I mean. Create a folder on your hard drive, call it whatever you want, copy the entire CD to that folder, then run setup.exe from the folder. This usually solves installation problems.

The reason I call it a 'temp' folder is because after you install the game, you can delete the folder.

So I just create a folder anywhere? Then copy the files from the CD in to the folder?

Yes. And once they're copied, open that folder, find setup.exe and run it.

I did exactly what you said,and that error still comes up. I copied the files from my CD into a created folder on my desktop .Ran the setup. Installed it. And I still get that stupid error. Hellllllllp!!

Someone please helllllllllllllp!!!!!!!!!

i wanted to know when i play Deus Ex online and i try to join someones game it saids "connection Failed package engine version mismatch" can someone help me please thank you

I had the same problem, but on Windows Vista.

You need to successfully install a fully functional copy of DX on a different computer. Back-up the entire DeusEx Directory from your C: Drive onto external media (i.e., external HDD, CD, or DVD). Then, copy the entire directory onto your new Computer's C: Drive. DX will work now, at least this worked for me. You may have to change the CdPath: lines.

First, open the DeusEx.ini file at C:\DeusEx\System.

Go to line:

[Engine.Engine]
    CdPath=D:

You need to set CdPath to whatever drive letter your CDROM is. Mine is 'D:'.

Also, open Default.ini at C:\DeusEx\System.

Go to line:

[Engine.Engine]
    CdPath=D:

Change the CdPath here also.

Luckily, I backed-up my entire DeusEx Directory from my old XP computer, on which DX worked fine. I recommend that you all do this when you get DX to work properly.

PEACE Alwayz |/

Daedalus