Thread: Tombraider- any new games

Tombraider- any new games

I really didn't care for the time (and it started after then 2nd game came out.. about Lara's breasts and her body and nudity and so on... I was after playing the game it couldhave been a guy for all I cared... But the swimming was real neat, the underwater too, the running and jumping and leaping and sliding down if she didn't make it,. all those were real cool things.. I'm talking about the 1st one now back more than just a few years ago...anyway..
    I remember buying at least 2 games and playing them on my computer... Ihaven't bought any since and though I've seen the movie.. I'd rather play than see the movie though it was action packed!! So maybe I played the 3rd game but how many games are there out there. I need the names so I can go read reviews and see which one is the most to my liking... - so let me know thanks! Doug

There's 7 games in all and 1 remake trudoug, here they are in chronological order:

Tomb Raider 1
    Tomb Raider 2 -staring Lara croft
    Tomb Raider 3 -The Adventures of Lara Croft
    Tomb Raider -The Last Revelation
    Tomb Raider -Chronicles
    Lara Croft -The Angel Of Darkness
    Tomb Raider -Legend
    Tomb Raider -Anniversary. (this is a remake of TR1)

I have enjoyed all of the TR games but I can highly recommend TR1, 2 and 3 and TRA.
    http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6...newfavehf7.png
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken- Tyler Durden

humbug, tx, 2nd question

Hey Humbug, thnx for the list... but here..
    Where can I buy them??
    Tomb Raider The Last Revelation
    Tomb Raider Chronicles
    Lara Croft The Angel Of Darkness
    Tomb Raider Legend
    Tomb Raider Anniversary.

And the Anniversary.. is this a cd with all the past games rolled into one?? I've already played 1 & 2, the ones you recommended, but tell me of the Anniversary..and the others,.. they're all pretty cool eh? Thnx in advance. Doug

Quote Originally Posted by trudoug View Post
    Hey Humbug, thnx for the list... but here..
    Where can I buy them??
    Tomb Raider The Last Revelation
    Tomb Raider Chronicles
    Lara Croft The Angel Of Darkness
    Tomb Raider Legend
    Tomb Raider Anniversary.

And the Anniversary.. is this a cd with all the past games rolled into one?? I've already played 1 & 2, the ones you recommended, but tell me of the Anniversary..and the others,.. they're all pretty cool eh? Thnx in advance. Doug
    I usually buy my games from amazon, play or game, depending on where the best deals are. You will definately find all the games you listed from the places I mentioned.

TRA is a remake/re-imagining of TR1, I really love this game and it got me right back into TR.

TRL is a short but sweet game. TRA and TRL are made by Crystal Dynamics not core and some people don't like them because of the controls and issues with camera angles ect... But personally I found that its just a case of getting used to them.

The Angel of Darkness has mixed reviews- some like it others don't. The controls are the main problem with it. Its an interseting game and completly different from all of the other TR games.

Chronicals is a game about a series of flash backs Laras freinds has of her adventures. This game is ok, I've played it once I'm not sure if I would play it again though.

The last Revelation is a long game, based in Egypt. It has lots of puzzles which is good but I felt it was an Egypt overload.

Of course this is all my opinion, so you might not agree with me!
    Check out this thread to see what others think of the TR games:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...t=70254&page=2

hey trudoug, a bit of advice.

Hey, humbug seems to have summed it all up nicely. But I would have to say this. By the time I could actually use a console controller the first couple of TombRaiders were things of the past, and as I had a Nintendo 64 I was very cut off from the Play Station world. However when I did get a ps2 a while back now, my first game was TombRaider: angel of darkness. I'd only ever seen tomb raider actually played at a friends house so I had an idea of what it would be like, but angel of darkness was so far gone from the series that even I, a newcomer to playstation could see how different it was. While you still scale walls and fight the un-dead and all the rest, visually I must say the game was tiresome, rainy streets of paris, and prague become lethargic. The detective work she undertakes (which seems to have been added as a new innovative idea) becomes terribly tedious and boring and the controls as many will tell you were awkward and clunky. And Lara although having become a sex symbol in the gaming world, I felt with the new gothic look shed undertaken (I feel to create a parralel to the movie which made her so unbeleivably different to the game) made her hard to watch run around the screen for hours on end.

My advice, unless you're a fanatic about complete story lines, give "angel of darkness" a miss. It'll only put you off the next two installments, which were absolutley wonderful!

Legend gave Lara a whole new look, different outfits, a different Croft Manor (which I forgot to mention is not a feature in "angel of darkness" probably because it would contradict the storyline in which Lara is a fugitive) and more fluid movement and battle techniques that are quite matrix-esque in regaurds to the whole acrobatics and slow motion twist they've given Lara's moves. She's also more trustworthy in perilous situations with her new found agility and automatic reach and grab features added by crystal dynamics. You'll also love the new interactive cut scenes that make the game a true interactive movie, which is what its creator Toby Gard set out to do.

So Legend is a must see and annivesary makes good use of its features by incorporating it into the TombRaider 1 storyline. All in all I hope this helps you with your gaming.
    In order to understand your present. You have to go back to your past. And this time....things will be different.