Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: This forum now on Facebook

This forum now on Facebook

Thumbs Up This forum now on Facebook

Hi everyone!

What do you think about joining us on Facebook?

Facebook / Group: Eidos Montréal - Deus Ex 3

I hope I'll see you there !
    "The year is 2027"

Not interested.

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    Not interested.
    +++

Under facebook, search
    "Crazy Deus Ex Fans"

500++ users so far

Originally Posted by B0b_P@ge
    Under facebook, search
    "Crazy Deus Ex Fans"

500++ users so far
    While this is great for those of us who are actually on Facebook, I like it here because here we have the audience of the developers and the modders.

I'm in

Thanks, mate.

Originally Posted by Keir
    I'm in

Originally Posted by Tracer Tong

Originally Posted by jordan_a
    First time an Eidos Admin posts in this forum. So people DO read [y]our measly little meaningless posts. (except from the "favourite site" thread)

Isn't facebook.com for 12 year old girls?

Originally Posted by Joseph Manderley's Corpse
    Isn't facebook.com for 12 year old girls?
    Very mistaken you are. It's one of the better things that has happened to the internet recently... Plus, most of my friends have one (and they are aged 19-27)

Originally Posted by Tracer Tong
    Very mistaken you are. It's one of the better things that has happened to the internet recently... Plus, most of my friends have one (and they are aged 19-27)
    I must be thinking of myspace.

You probably are, though Facebook, too, is looking more and more kiddish, lately... I still prefer it to MySpace, though. The "Crazy Deus Ex fans" group, on Facebook, has some interesting threads, related to gameplay.

All part of the picture

I will take a look at the Facebook site as well.

... And this Forum may be the more important discussion.

Something was posted by someone in the Facebook group last night.

A cookie to the first person to find it...

Myspace was always for 12 year old girls and emos. Then for some reason, people of greater ages started using it - although only those who still had the mentality and intellect of 12 year old girls.

Facebook started off as Myspace for more mature people, and in particular revolving around college students and graduates. Plus everything about it is basically implemented a lot better. However, for some bizarre reason, the 12 year old girls have been making the switch to Facebook. Which is unfortunate.

Personally I signed up to Myspace only to stop getting email invites from everyone, and to Facebook because when I'm bored I play the embedded games - like Texas Holdem and whatnot. Or Scrubs trivia. It's basically just an easy, convenient place for me to access good time-wasters.

Umm, I've never really looked at Facebook but I am interested in taking a look at the Eidos group.
    Is there a direct link, only I can't locate the site. Sorry, hehe. Thanks.

Oh and I don't think it is realistic for anyone to say that Facebook is just for 12 year old girls, lol. I've never looked but just using basic logic would suggest to me that there are all ages using that group.

Originally Posted by René
    Something was posted by someone in the Facebook group last night.
    A cookie to the first person to find it...
    Ooooh, I'd love a cookie! I just need to find out where to go first, hehe.

Originally Posted by Tsumaru
    Myspace was always for 12 year old girls and emos. Then for some reason, people of greater ages started using it - although only those who still had the mentality and intellect of 12 year old girls.

Facebook started off as Myspace for more mature people, and in particular revolving around college students and graduates. Plus everything about it is basically implemented a lot better. However, for some bizarre reason, the 12 year old girls have been making the switch to Facebook. Which is unfortunate.

Personally I signed up to Myspace only to stop getting email invites from everyone, and to Facebook because when I'm bored I play the embedded games - like Texas Holdem and whatnot. Or Scrubs trivia. It's basically just an easy, convenient place for me to access good time-wasters.
    They're basically MMOs without the game. Folks like them because they can go wild with multimedia, and be a form of digital graffati "artist". Without the restrictions of a blog (like actually writing something meaningful!), it just evolved into an internet party line.

I wouldn't get caught on such sites, it would drive me crazy.

BTW, will the DX3 devs have a blog? The media is wild about that format, so it'll do more for the project and company to invest in that line of communication (RSS is so simple to keep up with, too!). The Slashdot effect also is publicity that can't be bought (besides it's the audience for this game).

Originally Posted by MissDenton
    I just need to find out where to go first, hehe.
    Facebook / Group: Eidos Montréal - Deus Ex 3

PS: I can't believe no one's found it yet!

Thanks for the link.

OMFG!!!!!

Warren Spector and M. Harvey Smith have joined up!!!!

I don't have an account...
    EDIT: is that it? And what's it supposed to be, a good thing or a bad thing?

Warren Spector and M. Harvey Smith have joined up!!!!
    Why wouldn't they? It's their "baby", and no doubt wanting to keep tabs, and see what "new blood" can do to raise it.

The game industry is a very insular group. Networking is how to survive.

Originally Posted by gamer0004
    I don't have an account...
    EDIT: is that it? And what's it supposed to be, a good thing or a bad thing?
    I have no idea if that is it... but worth a shot for an Eidos cookie!

Its a good thing, to me.

I have no idea if that is it... but worth a shot for an Eidos cookie!

Its a good thing, to me.
    While definitely cool, that's not quite it!

Keep digging!

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last