Thread: does playing tomb raider make you vomit and dizzy

does playing tomb raider make you vomit and dizzy

ive experiance alot of sickness playing this game, getting dizzy and sometimes vomit. when lara moves in different directions i get very dizzy and then it bothers my eyes, do any of you experiance health related problems

Cool take 2 small medipacks and ...

errmmmm, put the controller down, step away from the monitor and see a doctor immediately.

the game is supposed to be fun, not life-threatening!
    make the appointment, now!!!

(okay, no i don't get motion sickness, etc. the worst is occasionally sore wrists on the wii and sore thumbs on the PS2).

Raid On!

Don't mean to scare you but chec abotu Photosensitive Seizures. Frist page in manual...

My history of PC gaming dates back when I first played the original DOOM which was a first person shooter (FPS). While playing the game, I have felt sick because of the speed the playable character runs in the game and probably the small corridor maze environment played a part. I couldn't take much more than fifteen minutes and if I do, I'll be lucky to play for twenty.

So I avoided FPS at all costs until recently when I downloaded free demos of FPS games on my PS3 to sample them like Resistance, The Darkness, and Jericho. Even though the pace was slower compared to DOOM, I guess I just didn't like it as a genre for me to enjoy.

When I discovered TRIII (first TR game ever played) about a decade ago, I decided third person role playing games (TPRPG) was the way for me. Since then, I've been collecting and playing these types of games. Especially when Grand Theft Auto 3 was (unexpectedly, to me at least) in its glorious third person, I was very excited !

But in answer to your question, no, TR games do not make me nauseous.

That never happens to me with any game... When i play the sims 2 (yes i love that game to) Time flys by with out me relises... Sometimes when im off school because im ill or something i go to my dad's PC load up the sims and before i know it, it's 1PM (if i get up at 9) and im like wow im sath ere for that long.
    Or if im tired i go in my bed turn on the PS2 put in anniversary and once i sat there for aobut 2hrs without relising and nothing happened to me?

it doesnt bother me during the day only at night, i get a headache

No such problems here.

Only when I play the game during the day, when there's a lot of sunlight around and the contrast is very low, my eyes become tired (burning and red) quite easily.
    Because of this, I prefer playing the game in the evening or at night.

Never happened to me, you should know the limit - not play whole days...

Exclamation Dizzy...

Happened to me once.

I was playing TR1 and in the eigth hour (I had no life then), I was climbing some pit thing (the place where there are three doors to be opened) and "looked" down.

For as moment, the "height" sucked me in, as if it was real and coluld affect me.
    I just saved and shut down the thing and went to school.
    It never happened again though I sometime get height thrills from time to time.

Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
    Happened to me once.

I was playing TR1 and in the eigth hour (I had no life then), I was climbing some pit thing (the place where there are three doors to be opened) and "looked" down.

For as moment, the "height" sucked me in, as if it was real and coluld affect me.
    I just saved and shut down the thing and went to school.
    It never happened again though I sometime get height thrills from time to time.

Those were the days.
    raptor-my neice suffered the same thing, she was playing tomb raider legend and her eyes went blurry and she had a headache. i think the brightness on the game could have something to do with it

Smile Lol

Quote Originally Posted by raptor300 View Post
    it doesnt bother me during the day only at night, i get a headache
    I would get a few headaches to and sore hands, that is all I ever experienced and a lot of cussing and frustration. I never got dizzy and I never got sick. I don't think that is normal if one experiences being sick or dizzy, well one might get dizzy if you swing on the rope back and forth and keep doing it for hours on end.

Smile Hum

Quote Originally Posted by ExH View Post
    Never happened to me, you should know the limit - not play whole days...
    I think maybe they should stop swinging around polls and stop swinging back and forth on the ropes. Ya know cause if I do that too much just for fun I can make myself dizzy.

ive experiance alot of sickness playing this game, getting dizzy and sometimes vomit. when lara moves in different directions i get very dizzy and then it bothers my eyes, do any of you experiance health related problems
    Well yes. I have to say I have felt dizzy and sick after playing over 1 Hr or so. But I play mainly FPS. I don't like the change of control system from TR I II or III, well Cam: control in this or the last TR games. In fact got the last free with a graphic's card, and after 20 min's through it back in the package. Never to be played again. Alway's look after my health first.

I play on a PC, home build, top hardware. SLi rig. Give FPS another shot there are some great games out there if you hav'nt tried them. CoD 4, Crysis, the HL2 series. All great fun for the gamer. Graphic's have change'd. Or try Oblivion RPG. It's slow on moving so slow on the eye's, and very indepth. 100 Hrs of play if you look for it. At the end of the day, Game's are designed, somtimes they work for you, somtimes not. Keep posting your problems no matter what the responce because eventually sombody up there looks, and ask's your question where it matter's, in the design room.

The only time I get any feeling of queesiness is when I'm in Lara's maze. It has a slightly overhead view that for some reason, doesn't quite agree with me.

It is worrying that you feel/are sick from playing. You do have to be careful. Make sure you are not too close to the screen, playing for over long periods and take regular breaks. Check the advice of a Doctor if you continue to feel this way. It's bad. Yes sometimes the fluidity of Lara's moves and the camera can be a tad disorientating, but you must check for brightness of the screen you use and in the settings. The manual does have a warning in it. Epilepsy players shouldn't play for too long. Change the settings of the game and the tv/pc screen you use and see if that helps.

Try not to worry, get a check up if you need it and just try not to play for too long. My son had epilepsy until he was 9/10 and he still played games. Luckily he grew out of it. That doesn't stop me from worrying and I try to discourage him from playing for hours on end!

Unhappy Makes me sick too

I was played the game for a couple hours xmas day but that afternoon I started feeling motion sickness and i felt like this the rest of the day. I wasn't sure if it was the game or not. A couple days later I tried it again and after about 10 minutes I felt like I was getting sick again and I stopped playing and havn't played it since then. I was really starting to like the game . For me i think it was motion sickness, I have had this feeling in the past playing some first person shooters but never had the sick feeling last a whole day.

thank you all for your replys, tomb raider isnt the only game i have this problem with, i have it with godzilla unleashed. ninja turtles. and legends of wrestling. i made a dr appointment to tell my dr whats going on. ill let you all know the outcome

[QUOTE=Eris-Lucan;719989]Looks like i have nothing missed by the you mention games,that i dont done!!

E.L.7*

raptor-what do you mean by that?

This is happening to me too, I cant play more than 20 minutes.