Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Team chat showing on opposing team

Team chat showing on opposing team

Team chat showing on opposing team

I have noticed this before on several other rounds that the Team chat is visible to the opposing team. It`s not contained to just one map but pretty much all of them. I didn`t see this topic anywhere else on the forums so i figure no one has noticed it yet.

its if those people are in your team (invited to lobby or select to join you in lobby) but then the matchmaking decides to split you up thus making the people on your lobby team and your team all chat as one.

you will notice that any time its happened they are on your friends list on steam.

In a game we had tonight I could see the enemy teams chat - it was only in Freeport - never noticed it before tonight.

It´s been always the issue as far as I am aware.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    It´s been always the issue as far as I am aware.
    Really lol I really need to be more awake - only tend to usually see open talk and not so much team related instruction stuff in the games I've been in - but when it happens no wonder why I spend half the time confused

I see enemy team chat

Well, i've just found this bug. When enemy post something on "team" i can easilly see this. I will try to add screens later.

It's a known bug, been there for a while. Good that you are reporting it still, maybe they will fix it faster

I started playing yesterday evening so i didn't know it's a known bug.

Has been reported before as: Teamchat can be seen by enemy (Steam friends) (1)

But it seems it has changed that everyone is able to see it.
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7843

please try to use that topic if possible to search for known bugs. I will change the description.

Enemy Team Chat

In most of my games the players of both team can see the chat of the opposite team.

Yep. been around since Alpha. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I don't bother using it anymore.
    Black Cardinal Peaches, at your service. I stream things sometimes. Wanna see?

Yeah, i just had it happen tonight; i wasn't friends with anyone though.
    signature image

I don't remember this bug on alpha, but always happened since the start of Beta.

Originally Posted by RemovedQuasar
    I don't remember this bug on alpha, but always happened since the start of Beta.
    It was in Alpha was related to the invite friends option when the party system was taken out.

This team chat bug should be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Originally Posted by RiversOblivion
    Yeah, i just had it happen tonight; i wasn't friends with anyone though.
    Same for me, the issue occurs with everybody, steam friends or not (don't have steam friends in this game anyway).

This should be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Team chat

There's a really huge unbalance feature in this game and that's the team speak not working, as humans it doesn't really matter since they just defend. But as Vampires it makes all the difference, since without syncing attacks secretly vampires as a team has a massive amount of trouble to to well throughout the round.

So please make that your primary concern, and if not primary, at least include that in the next update (Which hopefully will be coming soon).

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    This should be fixed in an upcoming patch.
    The patch last Thursday still didn't fix this ... ?

Also, voice chat still only works in lobby (afaik?)

team chat why can everyone read it?

i was wondering why can the enemy team see what me and my team type in the team chat that's a big problem for when u want to make a strategy of some kind when the enemy team can read what you are planing i was just curious if this is a bug that everyone can read the team chat or if its suposed to be like that

Was this fixed in today's patch? I heard it added a new chat bug, but no word on whether this is fixed yet.

Chat bug.

Hello,

I don't know whether this is a known bug or not. But today, and for some weird reason, I was able to read the opposite team's (team) chat.

This has happened to me before too.

25. Happened today. Guy was in the wrong Team-Chat. He probably first was in our team, because when the match started we were 5 (there were four avatars in the left corner for a blink of an eye). The rest of the game he was still in our teamchat.
    I don't know why this is still happening. It's a really bad thing to accidently talk to the enemy team and not being able to communicate with the own team privately.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last