Thread: Online?

Online?

Online?

Is there any news on a Multiplayer online aspect of the new game?

I have been playing Deus Ex Online (DXMP) for many years now (since the Online Patch was released) probably 7 or 8 years, and still play today, its my favourite online experience ever playing 0 Augs. I hope the Devs add Online in the box this time round, and keep it like the original, with Lams, Sniper Headshots etc, would be awesome.

I hope this game doesnt fail like DE: IW. I built a PC in order to play DX2, and the game was so bad I never to this day have completed the game.

Originally Posted by Evokazz
    Is there any news on a Multiplayer online aspect of the new game?
    No.

Actually, yes. But I can't confirm it.

According to an earlier revision of the DX3 article on Wikipedia, somewhere on the Eidos Montreal site, a whiteboard flashes detailing some of the gameplay concepts for DX3. Among them is "cooperative play" or something like that.

Now, this might be fake, since I tried downloading all the flash from the site and scouring it for images, to no avail - but it's possible they've taken the whiteboard off the site after people started analysing it, much like they revised the teaser removing the 2027 date from the ballot box.

You know what's really cool? Discovering as much info as we can about DX3 is like a game in itself - little details about the game, like the little details in DX1 about the world in 2052.
    There is an image of a whiteboard with some text, the 4th photo in the middle of the site (not counting the "Eidos Montreal" one). However, it is too low-res so you can't actually read it.

If they're not going to develop their own anti-cheat system for the online portion, they should just forget it. (Using someone elses anti-cheat system is too problematic.) Online would be nice, but without it, you'll see a ton of cheaters, and it won't be any fun.

Originally Posted by van_HellSing
    Actually, yes. But I can't confirm it.

According to an earlier revision of the DX3 article on Wikipedia, somewhere on the Eidos Montreal site, a whiteboard flashes detailing some of the gameplay concepts for DX3. Among them is "cooperative play" or something like that.

Now, this might be fake, since I tried downloading all the flash from the site and scouring it for images, to no avail - but it's possible they've taken the whiteboard off the site after people started analysing it, much like they revised the teaser removing the 2027 date from the ballot box.
    Yeah, could be fake. Wikipedia is never reliable...