Thread: "Deus Ex 3 will be set about five to seven years after the events of the first Dx"

"Deus Ex 3 will be set about five to seven years after the events of the first Dx"

"Deus Ex 3 will be set about five to seven years after the events of the first Dx"

Someone can confirm this? link http://renvis.freehostia.com/index.php/PS3

Originally Posted by Duarte
    Someone can confirm this? link http://renvis.freehostia.com/index.php/PS3
    Your link is a summary of this interview.

Here is the original quote:
    Everyone knows what worked well on the first one and what the second one tried, but now we're five years later, even seven years later from the first Deus Ex.
    I think D'Astous refered to the release dates of the DX games.

yes you're probably right... somehow I thought they were talking about some other interview...

interesting idea

That's an interesting idea though. Making the game in-between the two others.

I don't think it would work, but an interesting idea nonetheless.

I think it's the best idea; a prequel would mean you don't get the nano augmentation (only the Gunther-era stuff), and a second sequel would be left with the dilemma of which ending to choose (unlike the first game, IW's choices are mutually exclusive), and whether Paul is alive or dead.

A game in the middle has a ground it could cover; the rise of the Omar, the fall of the Statue of Liberty, the whole world situation post collapse, how Tracer Tong got his scar, and so on. There's also enough time for the events of what ending we choose this time to converge back into the events of IW (or completely ignore it).

Originally Posted by v.dog
    I think it's the best idea; a prequel would mean you don't get the nano augmentation (only the Gunther-era stuff), and a second sequel would be left with the dilemma of which ending to choose (unlike the first game, IW's choices are mutually exclusive), and whether Paul is alive or dead.

A game in the middle has a ground it could cover; the rise of the Omar, the fall of the Statue of Liberty, the whole world situation post collapse, how Tracer Tong got his scar, and so on. There's also enough time for the events of what ending we choose this time to converge back into the events of IW (or completely ignore it).
    Maybe it's not a bad a idea.. Anyway... the IW endings aren't that mutually exclusive when you think that neither of the original Deus ex endings was dominant.. That is.. They weren't fully implemented.. About Tracer Tong I'm not really sure but I believe he already had is scar on the first one but you couldn't see it due to very low texture resolution.

Either it's a prequel to the original or a sequel or even a sequel to IW... that's not what matters... what matters is a good meaningful story

I think its obvious from the stills in the teaser that the game will be a prequel. The anti augmentation movements still existed, but were seemingly very low level in DX1, with the new opposition being that between mechs and nano augmentation. The scale depicted in the teaser would have been before the events of DX1 then, I think.

Furthermore, Nano augmentation wasnt necessarily new in DX1, merely the development of full nano agents like the denton brothers. Possible early variants of the technology, or even its inception as an augmenting possibility, could take place in a prequel.

They never fully examined the angle that people hated the transhuman mechs, and that nano transhumans were worse because they could walk among humans undetected. Perhaps the plot of DX3 could include the hatred of a mech/normal world at fever pitch, with the first few nano additions serving as a catalyst for race riots?