Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Concerning the dentons.

Concerning the dentons.

Concerning the dentons.

I'm getting really sick of seeing all these unoriginal people just whining about wanting the dentons back...just stop. It's unoriginal and it seems that about 80% of the threads get blasted with everyone wanting one or both of them back in the prequel game that isn't likely to happen or in the sequel game in which they would either be dead,decrepit,or just boring.

I want a custom character for a change Let us provide the hero/villian of the story.

AgnosticJive,i 2nd that. I also hope DX3 has something better to offer than
    a Denton-Revival.

I'd like to see the Dentons back, but not out of fanboi-driven nostalgia. I want them back because Deus Ex isn't just about a dystopian cyberpunk universe; it's the story of their line.

What I'm saying is that we don't need JC, Paul, or Alex per se, but to not have the Dentons at all would mean this game isn't truly Deus Ex.

If the game is a prequel (has that been stated concretely yet?), playing as JC wouldn't work as they'd have to come up with come contrived reason for his low stats at the beginning of DX. Playing as Paul is probably a poor choice, as ultimately, all his actions have to lead him to working for the NSF. He could however, play a strong NPC role- given that we currently know so little about him.

Deus Ex isn't all about the Dentons...

Maybe a lil' sister would be cool...

they already did that.. or did you not play Iwar.

Yeah, I did play IW, sorry.... a while ago now, I completely forgot you could play his sister.

But IW didn't capture me as much as the original so maybe I can be forgiven, hehe.

If the player character is a Denton and it's not JC, Paul or Alex, then they better have a damn good explanation for that.

A son or daughter then, maybe, lol.

That doesn't make any sense for a son/daughter..

1. Nicolette is with Chad.. NOT JC!
    2. Maggie Chow died so thats Paul out!
    3. I doubt Alex male/female would go anywhere near the other students of Tarsus after they tried to kill him/her. Plus Alex didn't come off as the marrying type.

This eliminates the possibility of an offspring from any of the dentons.. the exception is that this Emile is the 4th sibling as outragous as that might seem. I'm just throwing it out there.. But I completely doubt it.

Yeah, but there is such a thing as artificial insemination.

And again we are back to the denton sibling thing. Further to the point I don't think it would be possible for the denton's to reproduce since they were engineered from scratch and their DNA would be very fragile, resulting in any mating would most likely cause deformation because the denton DNA as established in IWar was able to resist the rejection effects of Nano-Augementation due to them being engineered.

The only way to create a new denton would be Cloning direct from the cell.. JC was a clone of Paul and Alex a clone of JC I think, because their cells were passed to one another.

The denton DNA can only be reproduced via cloning I think.

Yes, indeed, thank you.
    Well, a cloned offspring it is then. The concept is within the realms of possibility.

Obviously Emile will be cloned. Last time I checked natural born children don't have big exhaust ports sticking out of their shoulder He won't be a denton though since to do that would be un-canon to the story.. Deus Ex 3 is a prequel.

A creation of custom character at the beginning would be great. Something like what Oblivion has.

Originally Posted by mr_cyberpunk
    Obviously Emile will be cloned.
    Emile does not seem to have any human tissue or bones, so I think it's completely artificial.

Deus Ex 3 is a prequel.
    That is yet unknown.

Obviously Emile will be cloned. Last time I checked natural born children don't have big exhaust ports sticking out of their shoulder He won't be a denton though since to do that would be un-canon to the story.. Deus Ex 3 is a prequel.
    Hehe, love the exhaust port visualisation.

You don't know Deus Ex 3 is a "prequel"... and I don't think it will be.

That is somewhat true.. I have said it could be a sequel/prequel both in the same game.

Emile does not seem to have any human tissue or bones, so I think it's completely artificial.
    That is a really cool theory.. however do you have any proof? from the look of him I was thinking it was a organic mech. But we have no idea since the developers haven't explained all

The denton DNA can only be reproduced via cloning I think.
    Originally Posted by MissDenton
    Yes, indeed, thank you.
    Well, a cloned offspring it is then. The concept is within the realms of possibility.
    What about the source of the DNA? The Denton's "parents", as it were.

Oh yes, forgot about mum and dad!

Originally Posted by MissDenton
    Oh yes, forgot about mum and dad!

Hmm, they were killed by MJ12 in 2035.

Originally Posted by v.dog
    And the game is set in 2027, no?
    That is yet unknown.

I thought I saw that in the trailer, but I was wrong. If you hadn't quoted me, no-one would have been any the wiser.

Originally Posted by v.dog
    I thought I saw that in the trailer, but I was wrong. If you hadn't quoted me, no-one would have been any the wiser.
    One of the flashing images in the teaser shows a ballot box with the inscription "biopolitic vote 2027". But that doesn't necessarily mean that DX3 is set in 2027.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last