Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider: Underworld - the first news!

Tomb Raider: Underworld - the first news!

The next Tomb Raider adventure is coming! It looks as if the newest addition to the franchise shall be released around the same period as Tomb Raider: Legend and Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

Tomb Raider 8, who has been named Tomb Raider: Underworld, is gonna be a Tomb Raider game like you have never seen before. Everything looks as if real! It will be a next generation game like no other.

In Tomb Raider: Underworld is 'isolation' one of the key elements. The game will be appreciated by both Crystal Dynamics -and Core Design fans. The game contains many and difficult puzzels and will be longer than Tomb Raider: Legend.

Lara herself looks astounding! Lara is.... you áre Lara! She is capable of doing several cool moves and jumps to get her from A to B.

Read more...

I can't wait for this game. It sounds soooooo COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better start saving for a new pc
    Or i can just use my dad's or... naa... he wouldn't by me a xbox 360 and deffo not a PS3...

Sounds good.......... Can't wait for screenshots!
    http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6...newfavehf7.png
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken- Tyler Durden

Smile

Wow, this is very promising indeed! I'm impressed.

And as Humbug says - looking forward to screenshots.

I can't wait but i think we might be getting a screen shot in the begining of the new year? possibly?

When did we get the first Anniversary screen shot?

sounds cool! i can't wait to see lara with better graphic!!

first TRA screenshot was released somewhere in octobre 2006...
    i hope they will bring us first TRU screenshot as fastest they can, or maybe as a new year gift

i'm so excited, till i readed news about TRU i couldn't breathe...... i'm going to drink some water.... people, stay alive!!

This is very exciting. I can't wait to see some screens and videos! The plot also sounds very interesting.

This gmae sounds fantastic... I know i say this quite a bit but i dont want 2 get my expectation up too high. Becuase that is what i think some people do on this site, and when the gmae eventualy comes out... They are dissapointed with it becuase it didn't make there expectations. So as i say don't set any just look forward and wait!

That is good advice Tomb-Dude, and it is what I do. When we were all waiting for TRA, the expectations were crazy, perhaps more so because it was a remake of a much loved game. Many gamers who'd been with Tomb Raider from 1996 were [probably] the worst for their high hopes purely because they wanted a remake to match and exceed the feelings they got over a game that blew them away when it was originally released.

The expectations are high for TRU because it is a follow on from Legend - CD's first venture with 'our' Lara.

Come to think of it, there is no mention in that news as to the connections to Legend. No clues as to how it fits the storyline as a sequel. I guess Eidos are keeping all that for a while longer - keeping us begging for more. Don't you just love/hate that!

Wow, I really rambled on a bit there!

Smile

I can't wait!! I can't wait!! I can't wait!! I can't wait!! I can't wait!! I can't wait!! I can't wait!! I can't wait!! I
    and.. I can't wait!!

OMG!! I am very happy!!!

as I was saying the expectations were crazy - nothing changes I see.

This is some information i got of tombnews.com

I don't know if any of you have read it but it backdates just after negends i think????

THE LONG WAIT BEGINS
    Having enjoyed this and other equally polished moments, our thought turn to what the future
    may hold for Lara. Over three years in development, Tomb Raider Legend marks a triumphant return for the world's most famous digital heroine. But what feats might Crystal Dynamics have in store for her next adventure?

When might it be released? The question on everyone's lips must be that, given Tomb Raider Legend's cliffhanger ending, can we safely
    assume that another episodeis already being planned? "I would think there's a certain amount of safety to assume," is Morgan Gray's enigmatic response.

But can he give any clues as to what players can expect? "This is where Eidos gets mad at me!" laughs Gray. "The hint that I would give is that we would never do a cliffhanger ending if we didn't intend to resolve it..."

It could be a year before Lara returns; it could be three, or five. But having explored and enjoyed every square centimete of Tomb Raider Legend, some player might ruefully acknowledge- if only to themselves - that is already feels like an eternity...

UPDATE 11/30/2007
    According to a blog on TradeMork.com, Eidos Interactive LTD has filed a trademark protection request for Tomb Raider Underworld on November 26th. Futher more the domainname www.tombraiderunderwold.com has been registered to Eidos since October 3rd.

Tomb Raider Underworld is "rumoured to be based around the Mayan Calendar. During five nameless and dangerous days at the end of the calendar called Wayeb', portals between the mortal realm and the Underworld dissolve, allowing ill-intending deities to causing disaster and mayhem."

"I'm already salivating" Can't wait,

very excited but i did hear a rumour that it is not being released for the PS2

yes, tr8 is only for Next-Gen platforms: PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

I could almost taste how TR8 would feel like. Probably Uncharted with Lara instead.
    signature image

You're probably not far off.

I'm SOOO EXCITED The hype is building again !!!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_box View Post
    yes, tr8 is only for Next-Gen platforms: PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
    I'm disappointed to hear that. PS2 player here.

Aw man...well I didn't think I'd be getting this if it weren't for my brother getting the PS3...like WOOOW I didn't see that coming I don't suppose you got a high-end PC don't you ?

I think my PC would be able to handle it but I prefer playing TR on the PS/2 consoles. The experience is very different to the two for me.

This game sounds fantastic. However I think Eidos need to consider a different game title. According to this article, they might be heading for trouble if the working title isn't change.

NTL Lara's adventures continues. In 2008. Hmmm. 2008 - TR8 - Coincidence?

Bring 'em on!

Smile I might have this figured out.

This is like a Tomb Raider Puzzle. When will Tomb Raider 8 be out? I assume because this is Tomb Raider 8 that the game will come out in 2008. See the number 8, well 8 is at the end of the year 2008. I think I have this figured out, after I swing from a pole and land on a ledge.
    When you play as many Tomb Raider games as I do you just view life as one big puzzle, so then you try to figure everything out, including when games are coming out and in what year.
    Now if I could figure out the month in which Tomb Raider is coming out.

Smile I'm trying to figure thos out. LOL

The year 2008, now if you add the numbers you get 10, and reduced you get 1, because 1 +0=1. Jan is the 1st. I do not know this for sure. I am just trying to figure this out ok. So If I have figured this out correct, Tomb Raider will be out Jan 2008. Well I could hope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast