Thread: Tomb of Qualopec grappling problems (PSP)

Exclamation Tomb of Qualopec grappling problems (PSP)

I'm using the psp version and I'm having problems grappling from one ring to another in the main room of the Tomb of Qualopec. Every time I try to swing to the second ring the grappling hook always attaches to the first ring and will never attach to the second ring so I am never able to reach the other side. I've tried swinging higher, hooking earlier and later in the jump but she never attaches to the second ring. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Wait...how can you take a screenshot on PSP...?
    "I'm up for a little heresy"

Silly question, but you did shoot down the hanging mandala from the second ring, right? Just getting enough momentum should be enough to make her jump and grapple the second ring.

Yes, I know it sounds silly but I did shoot down the mandala and the second ring is visible. I think it may be a glitch in the PSP program itself because whenever I swing off of the first ring and grapple the second ring, the grappling hook always seems to target the first ring no matter how high or how far I swing off of the first ring. Do you know if there is a way to send someone my save file and have them try it out?

Unfortunately I'm not aware of PSP players that could help you out. All I can offer is a link to GameFAQs where usually people post their own saves, but I'm afraid that doesn't really solve your problem. Hoping you get it solved.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/save/934024.html

Sorry to post on an old thread but I encountered the same problem and thought the solution should be shared.

Sometimes when you shoot down the second medallion a piece of wood will remain partially covering the ring. This prevents you from grappling it. To make it worse you can't destroy it so you have to load an old save made before you shot it down. The second time around save right before you shoot it in case the game glitches again.

Hope this helps someone.

Note the same thing happens on the PS3/PC version.