Thread: Forcing confrontation

Forcing confrontation

Forcing confrontation

Every game I have played in alpha as been played "nicely" so far.

But on the last round, if there is a small point difference, there is nothing to stop the vampire team from chancing a point advantage then avoiding the humans for the remainder of the match. Which is very easy.

You could argue that vampire second round is imba because of this.

Unless there is a system and I haven't noticed it because I've not been able to get a team to test the scenario.

Originally Posted by Oroibahazopi
    Every game I have played in alpha as been played "nicely" so far.

But on the last round, if there is a small point difference, there is nothing to stop the vampire team from chancing a point advantage then avoiding the humans for the remainder of the match. Which is very easy.

You could argue that vampire second round is imba because of this.

Unless there is a system and I haven't noticed it because I've not been able to get a team to test the scenario.
    This is a really great point and something I had not considered. With vamps ability to climb they could easily sit on a lead. This is more prevalent if its the last round and they have the overall lead of course.

Not really sure how to fix this? Grappling hooks are in game. Perhaps enable all human classes to get them. If the humans can get up top they should be able to at least attempt to kill the vamps. That should eliminate this issue.

This crossed my mind too while playing but luckily it never happened. If vamps start trying to hide in inaccessible places, Alchs can fix that problem (I don't like switching classes mid-round. Personal philosophy.)

I think there should be a slow drain on vampire health to encourage motion maybe?

I think we haven't seen this strategy happen yet because of the lack of voicechat. Some teammates will still lumber around the map even at the end of the second round trying to kill enemies even with a point advantage. It may appear more once that feature is added.

Well if you know vampires are hiding.
    Then use Alc's Grenade launcher,
    Scouts -> Arrow rain
    Hunter - Grenades

And they will come out.
    Never seen it happen but it is indeed a good point that it can happen.

Yeah, I agree with hirukaru. I can't think of anywhere in any of the maps that is so inaccessible that the humans can't hit the vampires while they're in it, and since the humans have the range advantage, it would probably turn out badly for the vampires to try that.

+1 to what hiru said.

We have a design for a system to prevent this but haven't implemented it yet because it hasn't become an issue. It's still on our radar though.