Thread: Crash at Startup

Crash at Startup

Crash at Startup

I'm running the Steam version. I open the game, everything is fuzzy and flickering. I can still see it, it's just flickering. Then sometimes the screen turns black. Then nothing. So I quit the game through Ctrl + Alt + Delete, Alt + Tab, whatever means are possible, and each time I start it up, well, it's the same story! So, I guess it isn't exactly a crash if it doesn't close by itself, and I'm not getting error messages.

Specs:

3.4ghz Dual Core Processor
    nVidia Geforce 8800gts OC2
    1gb RAM

I've already tried the whole sound thing, but that doesn't work.

Suggestions?

Go to DxDiag, sound, set hardware acceleration all the way up. If that dosn't work, try setting it to lowest. (or none? whatever it's called)

Ugh steam came out. I was waiting for ever to get it on steam.Then it come out like a week after -.-

W/e

Same thing happens to me

specs
    intel core 2 6400@ 2.13GHz
    nVidia Geforce 8800 GTS 640 MB
    3Gig ram
    runnning XP

Originally Posted by GIGAR
    Go to DxDiag, sound, set hardware acceleration all the way up. If that dosn't work, try setting it to lowest. (or none? whatever it's called)
    Tried all that, doesn't work.

Unhappy

I purchased through Steam.

I'm having a similar problem. All I see instead of the title screen is a white dot in the center of the screen(sometimes it flickers a little). I have to kill the process to close the game.

I have tried the fix mentioned earlier in this thread, but no improvement

currently, I am thinking that I may have wasted $44.95. sigh.

Anybody have any suggestions?

-V0lvo

Pentium 4 3.2ghz
    1 gig RAM
    ATI X1300 512mb
    XP Pro

i'm getting the exact same thing. i've tried EVERYTHING
    What a waste of time and money. damn

AMD +4200 X2 @ 2.2ghz
    2gb ddr2
    win xp
    7600gs 512mb

Yep same here, running steam version. I get the trailers and can get into windows live, but I have yet to see the title menu or actually play the game. It never crashes on me I have to alt+ctrl+del to get out.

There is gonna be a patch. Don't lose hope.

Okay, after a long time later, it's fixed itself! Wooooooo! Maybe Steam updated it without me knowing? Uhh, whatever, it works!