Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Where is my patch?

Where is my patch?

  1. #26
    I think it may have helped me. I have played like 10 games on a different computer w/out it and only crashed once.

  2. #27
    no, daemon tools is closed and I run no other emulation software...

    is the patch out yet?

  3. #28
    Well, it seems with the new nvidia 169.21 drivers becoming official, my problems have ceased.

    that combined with the windows live update!

  4. #29
    we need a ps3 patch aswell for fragile alliance (online)
    how will we know if theres a patch been realesed for ps3 how do we check for patches on this platform and you need to fix the game before making new maps.

  5. #30
    Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Sigh why do people assume cos they have a problem that it meant someone in testing missed it. Do you know how many configurations of pc software/hardware are out there? Lots, and lots and lots.

    As an example we bought a load of pc's at the same time, so they were `identical` for our Multiplayer room (ensures that the only issues seen in the room would be related to the MP code not due to the performance of the pc's etc) and after a short period of time a few of them started having issues in general. So even tho they are hardware identical some of them experienced issues whilst others didn't (K&L ran fine on them all, but some started taking much longer to boot etc). So even in this enclosed controlled environment we found machines acting differently, so imagine how the `WORLD` pc's act?

    We test on our hardware here, we have done compat testing with a very reputable 3rd party company as well, and we didnt have any `startup` crashes reported. Every single PC in the world is unique.

    We're trying to find out whats causing a few machines not to run the game when on paper their specs are good enough. We've listed a few issues where we've found common issues between machines etc. We've not abandoned people we're just trying to sort an issue we do not get here.
    Sorry, not good enough. Almost every game I or my mates have bought have worked, all I see for K&L is, in the 'real world' almost nobody can play it. Every single PC in the world may be different but most games work on them all. No way has this been tested properly. It is such a glaring failure that any claim that it has 'been tested with a very reputable 3rd party company' is laughable or the company involved uses one PC that seems to identical to yours. If this was any other product than a PC game there would be a stampede to get our money back and this is why the law needs changing.

  6. #31
    I want to expand some on Bothered's thoughts.

    For starters, it only makes sense that you buy new PC's to test the game out (new games should be developed to take advantage of the newer hardware that's out). If people want to do any sort of gaming on the PC, they should try to keep their hardware within 3 years behind max (newer games will run like ass on the lowest settings, but they should still be playable). I don't think anyone is expecting you guys to support hardware that's really dated.

    However, when a plethora of people are having problems on the latest hardware, it makes one wonder what exactly you guys did use, and what you guys had installed on those computers. Furthermore, how different was the hardware that you guys used? I know put the word identical in quotes which means not every machine was exactly the same. Did you guys even bother to make sure everything was set correctly in the BIOS or did you guys just stick with whatever the motherboard detected?

    And "compatibility testing with a reputable 3rd party company" sounds like corporate talk for having a massive gay orgy, because really, it is a that vague of a statement.

    Perhaps it's time you guys get on track and actually ask for more community help into the matter, which you haven't as of yet. I've seen plenty of other developers do this with success.

    I ask these questions because your testing process is suspect at best. You have admitted that each PC is ever so different, so one would assume that at some point you guys would want to test the game into the ground on various machines after you have some initial kinks worked out, which it doesn't sound like you did.

  7. #32
    Exactly.
    I have added my sig but it doesn't show in this forum. Here is what I'm using -
    Abit IP35Dark Raider:Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz:4Gb OCZ Ram:MSI 8800GTS:3 HDD(240Gb):Pioneer 108: DVD:Camera,scanner,:xp pro sp2:
    The game will not run at all. My Sons PC is a single core AMD xp3200, 1Gb RAM and a 7800GT, the game runs after you Alt Tab out of the error. Fairly standard PCs I'd have thought.

  8. #33
    Originally Posted by bothered
    Sorry, not good enough. Almost every game I or my mates have bought have worked, all I see for K&L is, in the 'real world' almost nobody can play it. Every single PC in the world may be different but most games work on them all. No way has this been tested properly. It is such a glaring failure that any claim that it has 'been tested with a very reputable 3rd party company' is laughable or the company involved uses one PC that seems to identical to yours. If this was any other product than a PC game there would be a stampede to get our money back and this is why the law needs changing.
    well put the game clearly it has serious issues on both pc and ps3 a total rip!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3
    I'm still waiting for an answer to the threads question, where is our patch?

  10. #35
    Unless they're close to releasing a patch soon, it might be a wise move on their part to release an intermediate patch that fixes some issues. It won't help everyone, but it will help some people.

  11. #36
    Well as I said in the second post in this thread, looks like I was right as we are getting the shaft end of the stick in regards to the patch.

    You say that you tested it on several identical new machines. Maybe it is just me, but when I test in our IT lab at work, I use several different specifications to make sure an app will work across all hardware types. Using the same type machine guarantees they will all work or they will all break.

    The fact that it has been over a month and a half, and we have yet to see a patch, tells me that we won't see a patch. And it is a shame, because there is a lot of good foundation there for the game, but it is just so broke that you can't get a useful grasp of how the game will play.

    At this point, I would rather have Eidos send me a jar of vasoline and tell me that we already got your money and tough luck. At least I would be getting an honest answer. To sit there and blame the multitude of different hardware specs is B.S. Every other company releasing for the PC has to deal with this and they get patches out far quicker than this. Call of Duty 4 has had four different patches since its release two weeks before Kane and Lynch. Valve has released numerous patches for The Orange Box via Steam since its release, and they continue to do so, months after release. The Witcher has had several patches released for it since launch. It goes on and on. All the companies deal with technical issues and do it promptly, because they have some semblence of care towards the customer.

    Sad thing is that Io Interactive made Freedom Fighters and the Hitman series and both have been stable and patched as necessary to play on the PC. Someone dropped the ball and pushed this thing out the door far early than it should have.

    Just one man's opinion, but it is looking to be more accurate every day.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14
    Is this game officially dead, or is there work being done?

    But i can understand if there isnt. They got my money so why care right.
    Eidos should join hands with "atari europe" go in a lake and not bother to come up for air.

  13. #38
    We do care and there is a patch on it's way.

  14. #39
    I've just down loaded the demo for the game and even that doesn't work. What chance do we have for a patch when they can't even be bothered to release a "fixed" demo when they know all this is going on.

    Once a again, great job Eidos for the biggest game con I've seen yet. Enjoy my money.

  15. #40

    Unhappy

    Originally Posted by Zacker
    We do care and there is a patch on it's way.
    I understand, but you have to understand our distrust in this statement, because we have been feed so much lip service about a patch. The game had a lot going for it, but all of these stability issues just go to show our frustrations. I have been an Io Interactive supporter for many years. Bought all the Hitman games and Freedom Fighters, and never had stability issues like this. I wish we could get more substantive news, like a date or even a rough period when the patch will be ready. Two months and counting for that patch.

  16. #41
    Originally Posted by Zacker
    We do care and there is a patch on it's way.
    can we have some more information added to this statement please?

    like when?

    this week / next month / next year?

    The game is great, eidos technical support is clearly NOT!

    or should i put a bill in for the hard drives that crash due to the game rebooting my pc?

    Never before have i had this on any game.

  17. #42
    Originally Posted by Zacker
    We do care and there is a patch on it's way.
    I've had this game for over a month now and I still haven't even seen a screen from it. Any news on if a patch is going to happen?

  18. #43
    Originally Posted by GIGAR
    That's a lie.
    Actually, IO are working on some new maps right now
    and how the hell do you know that their working on new maps? do you work there?

    it might be just me but shouldn't they try and fix the problems with the game that are at hand right now before bothering with new maps that people can't play anyways because of the online being so f'd up before adding more problems to an already problem filled game?

Page 2 of 2 First First 12