Thread: Games crashes, PC XP

Games crashes, PC XP

Games crashes, PC XP

Hi,

i am french ^^, and my game K&L doesn't work.
    The game constantly crashes when i run it.

everybody are the same problems.

drivers updated.

i need help

thanks

nobody

ahh another one.

Yeh, it doesn't work man. Hang around until they release a patch is the best thing we can do.

Don't worry though, its not your PC....its the game.

Try using the english launguage setting?

Originally Posted by GIGAR
    Try using the english launguage setting?
    was that funny?

Originally Posted by Psykopig
    was that funny?
    No...
    Who knows, it might work. (unless you're alredy playing in english )

Sounded like you were having a go at his English skills, should probably clarify that you meant try using the english setting on the game :P

Originally Posted by Swat_1
    Hi,

i am french ^^, and my game K&L doesn't work.
    The game constantly crashes when i run it.

everybody are the same problems.

drivers updated.

i need help

thanks
    What spec is your machine, sound card, graphics card?
    Trying to help with just `it crashes` is a little difficult

i have Intel P4 3.6ghz - Geforce 7800 GS 256mo - 1.5Go Ram DDR.

when i start the game, i have a black screen and a crash an i return to xp without nothing

k,

Right click on My Computer, and select `Manage`

Then go to "Event Viewer" and "Applications".

Look in the list for Kane and Lynch. Double click on the entry and it should give you some info as to what file `crashed`

Do you see Kane listed?

the game is not listed but it's work fine now because i have updated xlive

go here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74102

thanks for your help

the frenchy

Originally Posted by Swat_1
    the game is not listed but it's work fine now because i have updated xlive

go here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74102

thanks for your help

the frenchy
    Cool.

I like how eidos people help us, that makes me like this game even more. I still have a problem though. I never crash single player, but when I play multiplayer, I can connect fine, but occasionally I will crash to desktop no screens, no anything.

Graphics 8600 nvidia
    1.5gb ram

Originally Posted by Candle
    I like how eidos people help us, that makes me like this game even more. I still have a problem though. I never crash single player, but when I play multiplayer, I can connect fine, but occasionally I will crash to desktop no screens, no anything.

Graphics 8600 nvidia
    1.5gb ram
    Hmm do you host or connect?

Do you have the graphic detail set high? the 8600 is a mid range card, so single player may handle it, but in an MP environment may be too much (just thinking out loud)

Thumbs Down Crash to desktop !!!

Hello, and Merry Christmas to all ! I am repeating myself but here it goes again from another crashing thread:

Hey don't try anything else, you might end up messing other programs or games; it already happened to me and I had to use System Restore to bring things back to normal.

I have tried everything; and trust me on this, I am a PC computer technician of almost 20 years experience. I tried 3 different Nvidia drivers including the newest beta ones, I tried switching the sound from DirectX Hardware sound to Hardware OpenAL and to Software OpenAL, I tried uninstalling OpenAL and reinstalling newest version, playing without OpenAL, I tried lowering the sound hardware acceleration slider to all 4 positions, tried setting video card clocking to default and even underclocked and NOTHING everything to no avail, still crashes in the same place in third chapter in the bank lobby as the words for the next section in chapter are appearing on screen. Maybe something to do with a font?

I also installed or reinstalled DirectX 9.0c, MDAC_2.8, Microsoft .NET 2 & 3, Visual C++ 2005_SP1, VBScript_5.6_x86, Capicom_2102_dc_sdk, Microsoft XML6_x86, and who knows what else and NADA, ZILCH.

I can't remember when I had so much trouble to run a game in the past, ever.
    The problem is not our machines is the game!!!

All my older and newer games run perfectly; just to mention some: Hitman 1 to 4, Max Payne, Lost Planet, Stranglehold, CoD 2 & 4, Crysis, Gears of War, Blacksite: Area 51, Timeshift, El Matador, Scarface, The Godfather, Beowulf, Far Cry, Battlefield 2, Oblivion, F.E.A.R., Doom 3, Quake 4, Prey, Pariah, Bioshock and some others. IT'S NOT MY COMPUTER !!! Face the facts developers and give us a patch!!! Thank you.

My system:
    AMD Athlon 4600 Dual Core
    2GB RAM
    ASUS A8N32-SLI
    BFG GeForce 7950 GT 512KB
    500W Power supply

Crash to desktop !!!

I want to add that I went into the event viewer for the first time and this is the error that I get; I don't know if it will help anything:

Faulting application kaneandlynch.exe, version 1.0.0.129, faulting module kaneandlynch.exe, version 1.0.0.129, fault address 0x0005f481.

Event ID: 1000

I always get the same error since it crashes in the same place I suppose. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please comment. Thank you.

Originally Posted by PRBatman
    I want to add that I went into the event viewer for the first time and this is the error that I get; I don't know if it will help anything:

Faulting application kaneandlynch.exe, version 1.0.0.129, faulting module kaneandlynch.exe, version 1.0.0.129, fault address 0x0005f481.

Event ID: 1000

I always get the same error since it crashes in the same place I suppose. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please comment. Thank you.
    Cheers for that, will go and log into the WER server and see if i can find a log file for that. Do you `upload to MS` when you get the crashes?

Also you dont mention if you'd installed the Dual Core AMD update?

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Hmm do you host or connect?

Do you have the graphic detail set high? the 8600 is a mid range card, so single player may handle it, but in an MP environment may be too much (just thinking out loud)
    I host and connect, so thats kind of not important, but I've never thought of the graphics, I will check.

Let me know how u get on dropping the detail down a tad.

Biggest frame rate hitters are Post Filter and Shadows/Texture resolution.

Crash to desktop !!!

Cheers for that, will go and log into the WER server and see if i can find a log file for that. Do you `upload to MS` when you get the crashes?

Also you dont mention if you'd installed the Dual Core AMD update?
    Hello,

Yes, I did upload couple of times to MS, but I think is pointless to keep doing it. I did a research on Event ID=1000 but it can be a whole bunch of different problems. And yes, I have the AMD update since I installed my CPU last year. Anyhow I did upgrade to the latest version plus I installed an AMD-K8 Windows driver package that came with some other game also and didn't make any difference; still crashing.

I have to point out that up to where the game crashes, the frame rate is really nice and I have all graphics maxed out with 4x AA and 16x AF. I don't have FRAPS running but it feels like is going at least 60 FPS or more. I am using 1280 x 1024 resolution with 16:10 aspect ratio since I have a 27" HDTV LCD Widescreen Monitor.

Thanks

Originally Posted by PRBatman

Hello,

Yes, I did upload couple of times to MS, but I think is pointless to keep doing it. I did a research on Event ID=1000 but it can be a whole bunch of different problems. And yes, I have the AMD update since I installed my CPU last year. Anyhow I did upgrade to the latest version plus I installed an AMD-K8 Windows driver package that came with some other game also and didn't make any difference; still crashing.

I have to point out that up to where the game crashes, the frame rate is really nice and I have all graphics maxed out with 4x AA and 16x AF. I don't have FRAPS running but it feels like is going at least 60 FPS or more. I am using 1280 x 1024 resolution with 16:10 aspect ratio since I have a 27" HDTV LCD Widescreen Monitor.

Thanks
    K obvious question probably but have you tried it with detail turned right down?

Hasn't worked yet, the first game I lost connection.

But we will see.

Update: I haven't been able to join any games since live patch -.-

IT WORKED. The first time I played an entire match. I won too!

One dude was a jerk, but fun nonetheless. Can't wait for the patch so more people will play.

Thanks jaycw, is there anyone I should call to get you a raise ?

Thumbs Down Crash to desktop !!!

K obvious question probably but have you tried it with detail turned right down?
    Yes, I tried with everything on low, no shadows, not AF, no AA, and it still crashes in the same place in bank lobby in third chapter !

When are we getting a patch !?!?!?