Page 41 of 41 First First ... 313738394041

Thread: DX:HR SOUNDTRACK - Composer - MICHAEL McCANN - All Discussion

DX:HR SOUNDTRACK - Composer - MICHAEL McCANN - All Discussion

How do we play? I know very little about Thief, except for he's a thief and there's steampunk.

(click image to enlarge)

If you're looking for info about the game, Google is your friend.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by JCpie
    How do we play? I know very little about Thief, except for he's a thief and there's steampunk.
    Garrett is not just a Thief, he is also jaded.

Originally Posted by Bullet dodger
    yepp...I was waiting for some escalating finish from 3:00 onwards as been put it to attention...no, there is was none.

I never gonna understand why ppl want strong heavy punch into ambient. As you said, it is against its nature. DXHR is a stealth game where is lots of hiding and outsmarting the opponents action. This is the music for it nicely in the background hardly there but when you finish with the game for a day you still humming the tunes in your head...

I curious those ppl who 'complaining' about a too soft ambient music what other sort of games they played. Is is possible they got use to a lock and load and blast everybody to pieces games? For those games, yes perhaps need heavy music.
    Michael McCann has said himself that the music is designed for the game and is best listened to there, though I dig it a lot by itself. I have bought the soundtrack twice, as it were; once for the Augmented Edition of the game and again on the Amazon mobile music service. McCann's work on Deus Ex turned me into a huge fan.

The bosses make good workout music, Barrett's tune is especially good for lifting and "First and Last" is good to run to.

For me it was just meh. I didn't like it that much, but it was ok i guess.

I always loved standing in the city and listening to the soundtrack.

Taken in the atmosphere.

Smile

Lol with this fools day joke I remembered my old post ^^ Eidos plz make this 2D-madness playable
    Audi multa, loquere pauca

Not quite on topic, but still.

UMX files, remember them? Unreal, UT and Deus Ex music was in UMX format.

Originally Posted by wiki
    .umx
    Unreal/Tournament music package. This is actually a standard Unreal package file that wraps one .mod, .s3m, .it or .xm file so it can be accessed from within the game.[
    from wiki

On windows the best player for tracker music was and still is XMPlay
    The killer feature - you can switch between subsongs (there can be more than one looped track in a file, especially in DX music)

On OS X you can use Vox player, just out of beta.
    It uses the BASS library from the creator of XMPlay, Ian Luck, so it has basic support for UMX files (plays only the first subsong).

Another option is VLC, available on many platforms. It will play each subsong once, but there's no option to select or loop a subsong individually.

I've used OpenMPT to dick around with the .umx files in the past, checking out individual samples and tinkering around with the isolated channels. Also love the little file notes left by Brandon et al:

(click image to enlarge)
    Ilves @ Blogger
    Partial Volume @ Tumblr

Ditto, but with MadTracker

BTW Alexander Brandon also wrote music for the Jazz Jackrabbit, never played it, but apparently music for the canceled 3rd game was also in UMX.

Originally Posted by xaduha2
    BTW Alexander Brandon also wrote music for the Jazz Jackrabbit, never played it, but apparently music for the canceled 3rd game was also in UMX.
    Never knew about a nixed third installment, but yeah, real funky soundtracks those games had.

I can't help but hear something very reminiscent of Streetwize in this recent track of his.

edit: Ooh, first time listening to his work on the City Conquest soundtrack... tons of familiar sounding tunes on there!
    Ilves @ Blogger
    Partial Volume @ Tumblr

Latest update on the DX:HR Extended Soundtrack:

The release of the extended version of the Deus Ex: Human Revolution soundtrack has been postponed indefinitely. Although it is still my hope that many of the unreleased tracks from DX:HR will see an official release, the focus right now is 100% on the upcoming Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Page 41 of 41 First First ... 313738394041