Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: My Ultimate BSM Guide

My Ultimate BSM Guide

My Ultimate BSM Guide

We've done it! Battlestations: Midway is now a FEATURED guide on StrategyWiki! This means that it is beyond just "complete" - it is among the best of the best StrategyWiki has to offer. It is tied for second/third featured guide with Pokemon - Red, Blue & Yellow.

Click here for the Ultimate Battlestations: Midway Guide!!

This guide might be featured, but it can still rock more. Things that can seriously soup this guide up and make it even better:

-Improved unit portraits
    -Game mechanics data (how the game handles damage, fires, etc)
    -Larger pictures (apparently the 150 MB thing is just a fluke - still, please use the PNG format)
    -Videos!! This guide needs videos of pretty much anything and everything! Put them up on YouTube and I can link to them!

Its good so far, but you are taking it fron a PC stand point, the Demo DOES work on 360, and the "expansion" isn't free. I also noticed that it can't be edited, I thought you could edit wiki.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    For your enjoyment this thread sticks!

Originally Posted by chip5541
    For your enjoyment this thread sticks!
    looks like we have a replasment

Yay, thanks

Anyway, it's StrategyWiki, which cannot be edited by anyone. You need an account, which is why I suggest posting recommendations here and whatnot.

You say the Xbox demo works? I'll throw that in. And the expansion isn't free?

Additionally, keep in mind I have the PC version only, so I have no clue as to what the controls even are for the Xbox.

I have a wikipedia account, does that work there? Or how do I make one that works there.

Big Grin Amazing!

I-I'm tearing up! It's BEAUTIFUL! I've never seen something so thorough on this game before! I can't wait to see what your multi-player pages are going to look like! You cover EVERYTHING! I just can't wait to see more!

Originally Posted by xgamerms999
    I have a wikipedia account, does that work there? Or how do I make one that works there.
    No, you need to register again. Works the same way as Wikipedia.

For those of you who intend to register just to contribute screenshots (and they WILL be properly attributed) I recommend really just posting here.

And thanks, poprox, for the compliment =P

You can post it in the Gen for. if you want, any ways, back goes to menu, RT is fire, LT changes weapons, A set way points/ choose target/switch ship, B cancels them, thumb sticks control free lock, and movement/speed, up on D-pad raises sub, down submerges it, change units(out of formation) left-right D-pad, in formation up-down on D-pad, pull down LT for bombs/torps, hold RT to follow payload, Y is bonocs, hold X for command menu, LB goes to repair screen, RB is for the Hanger/Shipyard(to launch), zoom in and out on map with RT/LT, Start pauses. I think I got most/all, I may have left out some obvious things, like zooming with bonocs use one of the thumb sticks.

PS: When in the map click in the left thumbstick, use D-pad, choose name, click A, then you have given a ship to your teammate, NOTE: you cannot be useing (in it) the unit/building that you are giving.

This is to answer your Q in the 360 forum.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." ---Robert Frost.
    -=)CSF(=-XGamerms999
    http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/...ilies/Thud.gif

Rather than posting the same thing twice, I put my response here. We'll stick to the gen forum since a thread already exists regarding it.

Originally Posted by Arrow
    I just filled in what I could. Here's the data I currently have. Please tell me of any necessary revisions.
    What I have now

BSM has a lot of controls, so I don't blame you for forgetting the really simple things.
    • Highlight Option
    • Change setting / Mode Slider
    • Confirm / Next Menu
    • Cancel / Previous Menu
    • Activate Tactical Map ("RTS Mode")
    • Jump In
    • Open Chat Window
    • Show / Hide objectives (map)
    • Cycle Objectives
    • Zoom binoculars / periscope
    • Switch to AA/Artillery/Torpedoes/Depth Charges (Computer players can use the keyboard to switch instantly, I don't know if the Xbox has the same ability)
    • Flying controls (Pitch, yaw, roll, throttle)

You also never mentioned which thumbstick controls look and which one controls ship direction =P

Again, BSM has a lot of controls, so it's highly likely to forget some. Thanks for your help,
    Arrow
    The back button opens the map, I said that LT changes weapons already, I said that Y is for the bonocs/scope, I said confirm is A,cancel is B, there is only mic comunication, don't know what jump in is, change settings is in the menu, and what do you meant by highlight?

"The back button opens the map"

Ok, got it.

"I said that LT changes weapons already"

I'm assuming then that's the only way to change weapons. On the PC you can use the numbers 1-4 to switch weapons, so I'm assuming there's no Xbox equivalent there.

"I said that Y is for the bonocs/scope"
    Yes but how do you zoom in and out?

"there is only mic comunication"
    That gets rid of the chat...

"don't know what jump in is,"
    I honestly don't really know either, but I think that's how you take personal control of a unit. Don't know why they'd throw that in since all you have to do is issue an order to a unit to automatically take control...I'm assuming then there's no Xbox equivalent.

"change settings"
    Meh, I guess you use the Dpad then? The menu stuff is just like the really stupid, basic stuff, like how to select an option. Like, on the computer, you use the arrow keys to highlight an option and press enter to select it...then when you hit something like volume control you can adjust the volume with left and right.

Additionally:
    When you're in the map screen, what do you use to open the objectives menu, and I assume you use the Dpad to view objectives?

And which thumbstick is your look and which one is to change your speed and heading?

"The back button opens the map"

Ok, got it.

"I said that LT changes weapons already"

I'm assuming then that's the only way to change weapons. On the PC you can use the numbers 1-4 to switch weapons, so I'm assuming there's no Xbox equivalent there.

"I said that Y is for the bonocs/scope"
    Yes but how do you zoom in and out?

"there is only mic comunication"
    That gets rid of the chat...

"don't know what jump in is,"
    I honestly don't really know either, but I think that's how you take personal control of a unit. Don't know why they'd throw that in since all you have to do is issue an order to a unit to automatically take control...I'm assuming then there's no Xbox equivalent.

"change settings"
    Meh, I guess you use the Dpad then? The menu stuff is just like the really stupid, basic stuff, like how to select an option. Like, on the computer, you use the arrow keys to highlight an option and press enter to select it...then when you hit something like volume control you can adjust the volume with left and right.

Additionally:
    When you're in the map screen, what do you use to open the objectives menu, and I assume you use the Dpad to view objectives?

And which thumbstick is your look and which one is to change your speed and heading?

You zoom with Left thumb stick. Dive climb with (air) with Right thumb, left right rudder with left thumb,up down is speed- left thumb, move right thumb to aim (guns). I think that is everything.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand you.

"up down is speed"
    Up and down on what, the Dpad?

"left thumb, move right thumb to aim (guns)."
    I have no idea what you just said.

The only thing remaining I believe is how to view objectives in map mode.

1: right thumbstick up : throttle up
    down : speed down

very easy
    or it's the other thumbstick
    dunno anymore
    it has been a while that i've played again
    only my english is improving

2: move the thumbstick(dutch word is easyer btw) in any direction to move the guns/crosshair

Everything's in. How does that look for controls?

What is highlight option/change options/slider? I don't understand what that is. You put Right thumb for jump in, what is jump in? Your cycle through units/formations sounds like they do the same thing to me. Also, you should say PC demo in the begining, other wise someone that just glances thinks that none work. And by the looks of the thumb things that you say you didn't understand, you transfered those spot on.

PS did you say somthing on recognition(360 form)?

Also, looking through the Steel Monsters thing, not to nick pick, but there are light cruisers as well as CAs.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." ---Robert Frost.
    -=)CSF(=-XGamerms999
    http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/...ilies/Thud.gif

Arrow I just looked at the main page of strategywiki, and the BSM guide is the most promising guide of the month(Dec-07)!

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

[QUOTE=xgamerms999;713463]Arrow I just looked at the main page of strategywiki, and the BSM guide is the most promising guide of the month(Dec-07)!

now thats what im talking about good job Arrow

I was told before. Look at my first post. =P

Looking DEFINITELY for good screenshots of multiplayer for use in my guide! Have them illustrate a special tactic, like rushing the Japanese airfield in Sibuyan with bombers or something.

This might seem like a n00bish question, but can someone outline the controls for BSM on the Xbox 360? I have the PC version, and if you're checking out the General section I need data regarding the XBox 360 controls in order to complete my guide. Credit will be given to the person who provides it, naturally! And you get a cookie.

Cheers,
    Arrow

Do I get a cookie???

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, fine.
    *gives cookie*

isent that spam arrow

hehe
    how about we forget about that "Jump in" button?

OFF TOIPIC:
    and gamers you should say : "Thank you Arrow for the cookie"
    or add this "Bhut the cookie is ewww"
    i'm hungry...
    do i get a cookie?

Contribute some good screenshots of multiplayer and/or ship/submarine challenge missions and I'll consider it

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last