Thread: My Ultimate BSM Guide

My Ultimate BSM Guide

bhut i'm on xbox 360
    discrimination

Oh, I don't care how you get them. Just get them =P And, if at all possible, resize so they're less than 150KB.

Arrow, I think that in the begining of your pages (for the MP maps), you should post the player slots. In reading some of the text, it sounds a bit misleading as to units. Please realize that I am just throwing out some constructive critizim.
    I was just reading the Jap. strat. for Vella, and you said that the Yorks DON'T have torps., when in fact they do. You then said that the Clevland class does, I don't remember if the Clevlands do or not, but I KNOW the York does. If I find anything else I post here, and keep up the good work.

I got that data off the official strategy guide, as as far as I know there aren't many fixed manoeuvres you can do with the warships. It just said that only two of the American cruisers have torpedoes while all the Japanese ones do. I assumed it was the Yorks. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks.

In your Phillipean Sea you don't mension this strategy, which is the most common for 360. Almost always, the Japs launch fighters w/ torp/bombers, while Allies always launch all fighters. The Hornet (the one by the jap sub) then sends its fighters halfway between it and the Enterprise(Enterprise keeps it planes CAP, or 1.+ away towards enemy).

On Strike Force Z, you say that the objective is to sink the fleet, but acually, the only thing you have to do is sink the 2 BBs. Also, the best way to sink the Hermes is to launch all Oscars with bombs, all target the carrier, then after they droped their bombs and sunk the carrier, you tell them to dogfight, all the while launching Nell's/Betty's. Once all your fighters are dead, if there are any more Hawkers left, guage how many mor squads (fighters) you need to launch, and repeat until won. NOTE: If killed all enemy fighters, and you still have fighters left, have them straff, while you Kamakazi them into ships.

I'll add the Force Z one, but you have to clarify what the strategy in Phillipines entails.

That is just the most common first moves in that map, on 360 at least.

I don't really observe many tactics aside from sticking together and just duking it out the old-fashioned way, so I'm just going by the basics, what I know, and what the strategy guide tells me. If anyone's willing to help me out that'd be greatly appreciated. Please type intelligently and clearly though.

They also have a fugly IGN watermark at the bottom.

Originally Posted by Arrow
    They also have a fugly IGN watermark at the bottom.
    thats a facked

Originally Posted by Arrow
    what I know.
    But you don't play on the 360, so you don't know the common tactics on there, how can your guide be complete if all tactics (exp. common ones) aren't listed.

In case I wasn't clear enough on my first try, All I was saying was that the first moves of the Americans is to launch all fighters, Hornet sends her's halfway to the Enterprise, using them as needed, while the Enterprise uses her's at his carrier.

Jap. they launch fighers w/ attack aircraft and generaly attack the Enterprise.

NOTE: Hornet is near JAP sub, Enterprise is near USA sub

and for japs 1vs1 bring all down on one CV at a time

KK?? Where's the Fairway?

if you catch my drift...

use the sub and take the CVs down one at a time

I can't list every last tactic, you know. It would help if you outlined the tactics and whatnot. I'm only listing what I know and what I see. If you care to contribute, please do so intelligently and respectfully. And type properly.

No one on this forum can spell worth a .

And great job on the guide, by the way.

i can write some good english ^^
    and i'm not english at all

Originally Posted by What's wrong with the English
    You can post it in the Gen for. if you want, any ways, back goes to menu, RT is fire, LT changes weapons, A set way points/ choose target/switch ship, B cancels them, thumb sticks control free lock, and movement/speed, up on D-pad raises sub, down submerges it, change units(out of formation) left-right D-pad, in formation up-down on D-pad, pull down LT for bombs/torps, hold RT to follow payload, Y is bonocs, hold X for command menu, LB goes to repair screen, RB is for the Hanger/Shipyard(to launch), zoom in and out on map with RT/LT, Start pauses. I think I got most/all, I may have left out some obvious things, like zooming with bonocs use one of the thumb sticks.
    Couldn't you just have done:
    • RT = Fire
    • LT = Change weapons
    • A = Set Way Points

etc?

Unnecessary thought, IMO, that could have been cleared up with a simple list. When you're writing something - anything - that people will ultimately have to understand, you have to put it in a readable fashion. Otherwise you're better off just reading it from somewhere else.

On the battle of Samar, you call the Akagi Zuihō multiple times. I don't know if on the PC version, they call the Zuihō an Akagi class (which it isn't), but on 360 it is the Akagi.

On Surigoa, the shipyards are Primary target as well as the airfield.

In Sibuyan Sea, you say that the Iowa is faster than the Yamato, but that is untrue, they both go 25 knt.

Fixed

Fixed

What about the Surigao, and as for the Battle of Samar on 360, it is the Akagi.

"The Akagi (Japanese: 赤城) was an aircraft carrier serving with the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II.The only ship in her class..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanes..._carrier_Akagi

The Zuihō is not part of the Akagi class.

Smile

you've got to understand that the disc is not large enough to have every ship class in WW2 plus fancy effects and missions, so when you buy a game you have to comprimise

so we need DLC on are consle for it then have every ship from ww2

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last