Thread: Xbox 360 Black Screen

Xbox 360 Black Screen

Xbox 360 Black Screen

I'm getting quite agitated for two reasons to be honest, primarily the game when playing online randomly crashes to a black screen mid round in FA completely ruining the experiance and ending the games - as well as putting this title as one of the only games I've ever had to consistently cause me to restart my 360.

The other reason I'm getting agitated is the complete lack of acknowledgement of this game breaking (and yes, it is game breaking) and incredibly common bug from anyone on the forum!

Are you able to provide anymore information about this crash?

Does it happen in any specific level?

Is it always after one specific round?

Does only happen when you are server or client?

Any information would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Originally Posted by kamikazee king
    I'm getting quite agitated for two reasons to be honest, primarily the game when playing online randomly crashes to a black screen mid round in FA completely ruining the experiance and ending the games - as well as putting this title as one of the only games I've ever had to consistently cause me to restart my 360.

The other reason I'm getting agitated is the complete lack of acknowledgement of this game breaking (and yes, it is game breaking) and incredibly common bug from anyone on the forum!
    ummm, forgive me if I am missing something here but can you show me the posts on the forum about the game going black screen on the 360 version? I don't see any...

Further to Hugobart's questions, I have a couple.

1. Have you tried the game in another console?
    2. Are there any marks/scratches (circular or otherwise) on the disc surface?
    3. Have you replaced the disc with the retailer?
    4. Do you use a router to connect your 360 to the internet? If so, does it have a firewall built in?
    5. Have you tried connecting your 360 directly to your internet connection (if possible)?
    6. How often is the freezing occuring? i.e. every game, 1 in 10 games etc

The disc itself is in perfect condition with not so much as a fingerprint on it, I haven't tried to replace it with the retailer as asking around on xbox live, it seems like a fairly common problem with the majority of people I ask reporting having the same issue at least once, I haven't been able to try it in a different xbox due to my friends all currently being at uni - though the rest of the game worked without a hitch.

The problem seems to occur randomly and with no real pattern, initially it seemed that it was after the first round and this does seem to often be the case, but it has happened repeatedly in as late as the third or fourth round. It happens on each of the four maps and in my case it's when I'm the client, I can't however speak on behalf of people who host games as I personally haven't tried hosting a game.

I connect to the internet using a bt Homehub router which wirelessly connects to a Belkin wireless receiver which then plugs into my 360's ethernet slot. Unfortunately its not possible to connect my internet directly to my xbox 360 though my NAT settings are open when running the xbox live diagnostic test.

I read a review recently which referred to the issue as the "black screen of death" but can't currently find it - I'll ask about when I get a chance and see if there are any other people suffering from the same problem that can be more specific as to when it happens, though as I said I can't seem to find a particular pattern.

For what its worth I posted on the boards at gamefaqs.com about the same issue, a couple of response but not many - though the forum got swamped with the recent controversy regarding a certain Gamespot employee unfortunately.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=39856943

It's most definately not just me, if you logon to live and just ask people you'll find that much out in minutes.

Started hosting games to see if its any different

It's most definately not just me, if you logon to live and just ask people you'll find that much out in minutes.

Started hosting games to see if its any different.

while hosting I haven't experianced it yet, having said that alot of people seem to drop after the first round even if they're winning so I'm assuming they have the black screen issue