Thread: PC - game doesn't even start

PC - game doesn't even start

  1. #1

    Exclamation PC - game doesn't even start

    Hey there,

    I bought the game two days ago and since then I tried to get it to work.

    The game chrashes everytime at the first Loading screen.
    You can see the K&L background and you can see the loading bar. but when it reaches almost the half the game chrashes.

    and please don't give me tips like 'update your drivers'. that was the fisrt thing I did.

    Here's my system:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 DualCore 3800+
    2GB RAM
    Windows XP SP2
    Nvidia Geforce 7900GT

    at the moment I'm very disappointed. I never had problems like this with any game and it seems that I'm not the only one. All the other IOI titles worked without any problems and for me a reason to buy K&L (and not CoD4, Hellgate,...) was that I could be sure it would run on my system without any problems . . . so much for that.

    I really hope you guys are working like mad on a hotfix.

    cheers,
    spraeh

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7
    Originally Posted by spraehbuer
    Hey there,

    I bought the game two days ago and since then I tried to get it to work.

    The game chrashes everytime at the first Loading screen.
    You can see the K&L background and you can see the loading bar. but when it reaches almost the half the game chrashes.

    and please don't give me tips like 'update your drivers'. that was the fisrt thing I did.

    Here's my system:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 DualCore 3800+
    2GB RAM
    Windows XP SP2
    Nvidia Geforce 7900GT

    at the moment I'm very disappointed. I never had problems like this with any game and it seems that I'm not the only one. All the other IOI titles worked without any problems and for me a reason to buy K&L (and not CoD4, Hellgate,...) was that I could be sure it would run on my system without any problems . . . so much for that.

    I really hope you guys are working like mad on a hotfix.

    cheers,
    spraeh
    If you are using windowsblinds just switch it off. The game should work then.

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by ren128
    If you are using windowsblinds just switch it off. The game should work then.
    I use Jewels and switched it off . . . still the same ctd.
    but thanks anyway

  4. #4
    patch us up please!

    now!!!!

  5. #5
    spraeh i have the exact same problem as you, heres my specs:

    P4 3.4ghz
    Nvidia Geforce 8600GTS 256mb
    1GB DDR2 SDRAM
    XP pro

    mine is crashing exactly the same way as yours, maybe pig is right, maybe we really do need a patch.

  6. #6
    Close down all non-essential programs by task manager, there is a compatibility issue with WindowsBlinds, I had with Gears of War, even undocking it wasn't enough, I had to remove it from task manager.

    Reason why I say close down all background programs is due to Gears of War having the same issues, that game had issues with these programs too Spyware Doctor, Karpensky and ZoneAlarm. You can try updating them to the latest version or removing them from processes and trying to run the game.

  7. #7
    Make sure your direct X sound hardware acceleration is all the way up!

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by clownman64
    Make sure your direct X sound hardware acceleration is all the way up!
    yes ! it worked !!!
    thank you very much clownman !!! also for the pm

    cheers
    spraeh

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    17
    mine does the same except that direct sound makes no difference whatsoever.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by clownman64
    Make sure your direct X sound hardware acceleration is all the way up!
    I had just turned it down, because I had heard that it would improve the sound -
    THANK YOU
    I owe you a cookie

  11. #11

    help

    Originally Posted by clownman64
    Make sure your direct X sound hardware acceleration is all the way up!


    what do u mean by Make sure your direct X sound hardware acceleration is all the way up!
    pls help me i can run the game i having same problem....im noob at comp

    my specs

    1.86 dualcore
    8600GTS
    windows xp
    2gb ram

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by yonchau
    what do u mean by Make sure your direct X sound hardware acceleration is all the way up!
    pls help me i can run the game i having same problem....im noob at comp

    my specs

    1.86 dualcore
    8600GTS
    windows xp
    2gb ram
    Start > Run > Type: DxDiag > Ok > Sound (on top) > Level of hardware acceleration for sound (or something like that) > Set to max/all the way to the right > done

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by GIGAR
    Start > Run > Type: DxDiag > Ok > Sound (on top) > Level of hardware acceleration for sound (or something like that) > Set to max/all the way to the right > done


    Gigar i did what u told but still the game carshes to desktop when i press accept when they say game succesfully loaded....