Thread: Official Kane and Lynch Bug Listing Thread

Official Kane and Lynch Bug Listing Thread

Fix these Bugs (possible spoilers)

Where do we report bugs? I have seen so many bugs on here it's ridiculous.

Second level where I have to walk up the path to meet the lockbreaker, I walk so far and an invisible wall stops my progress. I have to return to the main menu, and restart the level. The same second level, I can walk though the security doors leading down to the vault without them being open!

Once I got into the main floor of the bank, where cops are outside shooting in, there is a glass door, I shoot the glass to make it break, but before it even breaks a cop runs straight through the glass door.

Later levels, mainly the famous level we see from trailers, where you rappel down the side of a building and blow the window, again when you get to the end of the level to meet up at the van an invisible wall impedes my progress, I'm forced to restart.

Other bugs such as Achievements not unlocking, I killed Remomoto, but no achievement unlocked?!?! Likewise precision in the nightclub when I shot no civilians.

Also, there is no mouse support for the guide menu, this is very baffling, why is this like this? Gears of War allows the user to use the mouse to select, the guide menu has had no thought to the mouse, this is something that breaks the Games for Windows Live Specifications and I expect to be patched.

This game needs a huge patch, so many game stopping bugs which can be reproduced over and over again.

Official Kane and Lynch Bug Listing Thread

Rather than make multiple threads talking about individual problems, I figured it would be useful for everybody to just post the bugs they encounter in this thread.

Here are the mains bugs I've encountered while playing the game:
    1. Constant audio drop outs (both the dialogue and the ingame music)
    2. Getting stuck inside the Vaultbreaking map when taking cover behind the glass doors infront of the safe

1. Stuttering every 2,3 Seconds. (I've tried anything)
    2. XBOX Controller needed for Coop. (a very great bug)

more bugs

1. Ship me a free Xbox360 controller or make other controllers work

2. Add LAN and TCP/IP Options for Co-op play so those who have no friends or tiny LCD monitors can play.

3. Improve AI so your team mates don't run in the cross fire or run around in circles.

Thank you!

Achievements are Glitchy. Me and my friend tried unlocking the achievements in co-op for bullseye it will not unlock, despite shooting the two snipers in the head within 15 seconds on Exchange. We have tried switching being Kane and Lynch, it doesn't matter the achievement won't unlock. It seems to be hit and miss because some people have it.

Originally Posted by ChinaWhite
    Where do we report bugs? I have seen so many bugs on here it's ridiculous.

Second level where I have to walk up the path to meet the lockbreaker, I walk so far and an invisible wall stops my progress. I have to return to the main menu, and restart the level. The same second level, I can walk though the security doors leading down to the vault without them being open!

Once I got into the main floor of the bank, where cops are outside shooting in, there is a glass door, I shoot the glass to make it break, but before it even breaks a cop runs straight through the glass door.

Later levels, mainly the famous level we see from trailers, where you rappel down the side of a building and blow the window, again when you get to the end of the level to meet up at the van an invisible wall impedes my progress, I'm forced to restart.

Other bugs such as Achievements not unlocking, I killed Remomoto, but no achievement unlocked?!?! Likewise precision in the nightclub when I shot no civilians.

Also, there is no mouse support for the guide menu, this is very baffling, why is this like this? Gears of War allows the user to use the mouse to select, the guide menu has had no thought to the mouse, this is something that breaks the Games for Windows Live Specifications and I expect to be patched.

This game needs a huge patch, so many game stopping bugs which can be reproduced over and over again.
    Hey ChinaWhite

Are you able to give me a reproduction method of the bugs with the invisible walls?

Originally Posted by halflifedave
    Rather than make multiple threads talking about individual problems, I figured it would be useful for everybody to just post the bugs they encounter in this thread.

Here are the mains bugs I've encountered while playing the game:
    1. Constant audio drop outs (both the dialogue and the ingame music)
    2. Getting stuck inside the Vaultbreaking map when taking cover behind the glass doors infront of the safe
    Hey halflifedave

In what way do you get stuck? Is it inside the geometry or is it not possible for the hero to get out of cover?

Originally Posted by Hugobart
    Hey ChinaWhite

Are you able to give me a reproduction method of the bugs with the invisible walls?
    It happens now and then. On the third level after the intro finishes with the chat about the guy being late. If I wait a while and walk up the path to meet the lock breaker, about halfway there, where the shadow is on the ground, you cannot pass it. An Invisible wall stops your progress, however I can command Lynch to walk to the lock breaker but I can't. I have to quit to menu and restart the level, as restart scene doesn't fix it.

Further inside the bank, after the lock breaker cracks the first electronic lock, you can randomly walk down to the vault without the doors being open. When you get inside the front area of the bank upstairs, there is a bug where the police walk through the front doors, but if you shoot out the bank, bullets are met with resistance.

The end of the rotomoto level after the shooting in the street near the bus station, after you kill everyone, even if you get all your team members to follow you, and invisible wall stops you from getting near the van, I had to restart and when it finally allowed me over the invisible wall could I progress, that happens a lot.

Other bugs with Audio are apparent too, this I can reproduce on my friends computer all the time, he has a 5.1 surround system, even going into windows selecting 2 speakers, dialogue doesn't play for some characters, and other times does, this I can capture if you like?

Achievements also fail to work, as we have tried to get the secret ones regardless if you try them or not they don't unlock, likewise level progression ones, if you check my friends gamertag IIGodfather83II , you can see we completed the game in co-op but there are some missing SP achievements such as Revenge Part IV, when you shoot the mine, and Have Gun, Will Travel Part I. Both are story progressive so it's highly unlikely that we could miss them, since we completed the game. We can reproduce that by trying to do those levels again and again.

Achievement, Bullseye also doesn't unlock, nor does Berserkopath.

Thanks ChinaWhite, i'll see what i can do about it.

The Most Wanted achievement wont unlock for me, is there any way round this?

Thumbs Down

a bug

when you fall from one floor to another one the money you lose is like buried you cant pick it up
    for the xbox 360

K here's my list of bugs:

uhm, haven't encountered any so far, will play some more.

During gameplay kane with fire, switch weapons or suddenly look in a different direction. It's quite annoying since I can't play when I don't have full control over the game.

my (gamestopping) bug

at the third level (bank) the game crashes to desktop when you meet lynch in the lobby, just when the letters appear to announce a checkpoint. no specific error (except the send-don't send screen)

this has happened to me on every computer i've installed it on (different configs, using savegames, or restarting completely). i've never gotten past this point. (and since other people have the same bug, i assume it's not a faulty disc)

Originally Posted by Hugobart
    Hey halflifedave

In what way do you get stuck? Is it inside the geometry or is it not possible for the hero to get out of cover?
    Oh man, just noticed this. But yeah, I can't move the character at all once he gets stuck. It looks like he's stuck inside the geometry of the map.

PC bugs

Has anyone else experienced issues with the PC version of the game? The campaign appears to work fine, but when I try to sign onto LIVE it tells me that I'm not connected and that my product key is invalid.

First, there isn't a product key for the game, nor the subscription I have for LIVE. Then it says that it may just be a network issue. Well, my Gears of War and Universe at War PC games work fine on LIVE - and since I'm sending this it's clear that I have an internet connection as well.

I've emailed Xbox Live, Eidos, and even chatted on the phone with Xbox Live and Microsoft. No one appears to be able to provide me with any solution remotely related to my problem. I was hopeing that someone else had better luck.

Ignore that. I found the product key for LIVE (apparently, the game has its own key to sign onto LIVE), it was hidden behind the booklet on the bottom of the game's cartridge.

I got stuck on the Rekemoto level. After coming out of the lift at the bottom of the tower, I took cover behind one of the lobby pillars and found myself inside the pillar. I could shoot the tiles off the outside of the pillar but not hit targets outside. I had to restart before I could get out and I kept well away from those pillars next time so I don't know if this is repeatable.

I've found that there are some rendering glitches at the closing of cutscenes. It's like it's trying to fade out, but instead simply stops rendering distant objects. I had my console on for a while though so I don't know. (Xbox360)

Thumbs Down Crash to desktop !!!

Originally Posted by Headeater
    my (gamestopping) bug

at the third level (bank) the game crashes to desktop when you meet lynch in the lobby, just when the letters appear to announce a checkpoint. no specific error (except the send-don't send screen)

this has happened to me on every computer i've installed it on (different configs, using savegames, or restarting completely). i've never gotten past this point. (and since other people have the same bug, i assume it's not a faulty disc)
    Hi, and welcome to the club. Since I got the game in December I have been reporting that crash that you have. My game crashes in exactly the same point when the letters are going to appear for the checkpoint in the bank lobby and I have never been able to pass the game from there. I have tried everything possible, from sound drivers, video drivers, upgrading Xlive, AMD patches, etc., etc., etc.; you name it, I have tried it. I have about 40 games installed including some of the latest and no problems. Only this game and these people still don't do anything about it.

Oddly enough, I installed the game in my son's Dell XPS laptop computer to try to see if it happened but it didn't crash in his computer. He could play through that part. Basically the difference between his computer and mine is the CPU; his computer has an Intel dual core and mine has an AMD dual core. Same 2Gb RAM, same Nvidia 7900 series card. Strange. So I think it is something with the processor.

Any new suggestions that haven't been already posted will be appreciated.

It's not the processor i think. i've tried it on three different computers, two with atlon xp x2 processors, and one with an intel core2.

the only thing the three computers have in common (as far as i know) is their logitech mouse ant keyboard.

Thumbs Down Crash to desktop !!!

Hello again,

I did 2 new big changes to see if that would stop the game from crashing. I installed the Windows XP SP3 patch and also I changed my mouse from an USB port to a PS/2 port just in case since I heard that people were having trouble with USB devices in this game. My keyboard is PS/2 already. I ran the game again with high hopes and again BOOM, CRASH; same crap again. The game crashed with an error message at exactly the same point in the bank lobby after Lynch kills the hostages and the save point is going to appear.

Is it possible that the developers or tech support people haven't been able to reproduce this error? I really doubt it since a lot of people have this same specific crash. My bet is that they haven't been ing able to figure it out either.

Please keep sending NEW suggestions. Thank you.

Question Pc bug giving me the ****s

ok, i have a re-occuring bug. entirely without my input, it keeps cycling through my weapons really fast, and firing ever now and then, the mouse also suddely skips, and my view will snap 90 degrees to the left just as i line up a headshot ive even just sat it there, hands off the keyboard and mouse, and the view will snap arround and i'll switch weapons like an indecisive crack-head and then shoot at nothing.
    ive tried everything. amd dual core optimiser, patches, everything!
    its so freakin' anoying. like, in the bank vault one, i fire my gun for no reason just outside the door, and a guard runs off and raises the alarm *BAM* mission failed.
    anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Most of the bugs I've encountered in Kane & Lynch are either:

1. enemies getting stuck on walls or corners, or spinning erratically (rare)

2. The escape van in Fragile Alliance getting stuck on stuff. One time it got stuck on a corner in the Diner level. Other times the van will get stuck on other things. I'll try and take a screenshot one of these days.
    "If he tries to shake us down, we kill him. Period. We make it fun, but we kill him. End of story."

Question K&L is a 3A title game but PC version......

Known issues of PC version :

- Framerate bug (low FPS) (Also a known issue of Mini Ninjas)

ATI card (low FPS)

- Dual Cores bug (low FPS)

- Failed to join game session(console version got a title update , but PC doesn't.)

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/866/866296p1.html

IGN: Does this map pack come with a software update to fix some of the issues found in the original game?

Krogh: Yes, and we separated the title update and the DLC, so that everybody gets the title update when they play Fragile Alliance. In the title update we have fixed the connectivity problems, and bugs like being sent back to the start menu when a game session ended or a problem occurred.

We also removed friendly fire between re-spawned players. Too often we experienced that two players teamed up and when one of them died he started killing the other re-spawned player police. That's within the concept. But then mercs and re-spawned police started sharing the money which kind of spoiled it for the many people who just wanted to have some fun.

- No mouse support for the guide menu (GFWL in-game)

Btw when player plug a Xbox360 controller you can't also use mouse to select in menu .

- V-sync wont turn off

- Audio problems

Dialogue doesn't play for some characters but other times does .

K&L 1 PC supports Sound Blaster X-Fi hardware .

http://www.creative.com/soundblaster...&categoryID=13

So if palyer doesn't have creative x-fi sound card then don't select
    "Openal - Generic Hardware" or it will cause Audio problems and invisible walls bug .

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=76976

In Coop Mode sound problem :
    In "Impact" , when KL go into warehouse the music and gun shot sound will miss or mess up . It seems only happend in PC version .

- Invisible walls

Also it's only happened to me when I select "Openal - Generic Hardware" .
    "Openal - Generic Hardware" is a big problem in KL1 PC .

- Bug with plane engine

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74682

IO's response

A patch and DLC for PC

x360a Special - Kane & Lynch Interview

x360a: Do you have any plans for Downloadable Content for the 360?

MH: We do actually- for all platforms.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...103#post709103

Originally Posted by Zacker
    Both a patch and new maps are in the works.
    I am glad that you enjoyed the game. An announcement regarding the upcoming DLC should arrive soon.
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...638#post719638

Just to avoid any confusion: There IS indeed a patch on it's way.
    We do care and there is a patch on it's way.
    As I have said multiple time there will be a patch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk1rMAVRRuM

3 months later
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...4&postcount=62
    (It's a deep and darker story .)
    i wish IOI can buy back Kane & Lynch !