Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: R6025 pure virtual function call...

R6025 pure virtual function call...

R6025 pure virtual function call...

Hi, I'm using laptop 2GB ram Intel Core Duo ATI X1600 512MB Vista Ultimate 32bit all updates and newest drivers, I get this error all the time but in different time periods, sometimes just in mane menu or after playing 15min.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    R6025 - pure virtual function call

What is the problem?

Cant say have ever seen that error before during the testing process.

Will hunt around and see if can find anything out about it

Error R6025 solved for me visual C++ download

Hi

All I think I have found the problem to the R6025 error on Kane and Lynch.

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files(x86)\Edios\Kane and Lynch dead men\kaneandlynch.exe

R6025
    -pure virtual function call

First I uninstalled K&L and then cleared the registry of everything associated with K&L.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Then
    Because I am running Vista x64bit, I downloaded "vista Microsoft redistributable visual C++" 32 and 64bit (32bit for the game).

-vista Microsoft redistributable visual C++ (x86) 32 bit
    (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)

The link above is what most people will only want if you are running 32 bit standard.

-vista Microsoft redistributable visual C++ (x64) for 64bit running systems only!!
    (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)
    The people running 64 bit will need this one.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you are not sure whether you are running 32/64 bit.
    Go to Start\ Accessories\and run then
    type "cmd" (without "")and then click ok
    the type "set" (without "") then look for Processor Architecture
    (there it will say 64 or x86 (for 32bit)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Installed these then restared the computer after that I installed Kane and lynch and fired up the game played for 1hr with no probs.

I say this is the solution as I had already updated my sound and video drivers and it made no difference to the error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These are the steps I took for it to work perfectly not one error, you don't have to follow every step, but it is advised.

Good Luck to everyone with the R6025 error.

Please post if it works for you good luck
    Jongton is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Those links dont seem to work for me - do you mean these two links?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=EB4EBE2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I had a different problem about incompatibility errors with 64 bit OS - going to try these and see if it sorts anything.

EDIT:
    Tried it and still doesnt work

Originally Posted by ksyme99
    Those links dont seem to work for me - do you mean these two links?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=EB4EBE2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I had a different problem about incompatibility errors with 64 bit OS - going to try these and see if it sorts anything.

EDIT:
    Tried it and still doesnt work

Yes sorry I posted the complet link but obvisouly got shorten, why? I don't know. Yes they are the links. Only use the x86 (32bit) lik if you are running 32bit ok.

Good Luck

Well I am running 64-bit Vista and tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions seperately and then together and it didn't change anything. I get an error about launcher.exe being incompatibile with 64 bit version of windows because it is a 16 bit application. Are you running a 64-bit OS? If so, do you have any other ideas as to why it wouldn't work for me?

Have the same problem here, It really annoys me that after a week of the release Eidos and Microsoft have yet to come up with a suitable solution to this problem. I paid $60 for this game and I want a solution to this problem.

Yes I've tried every method I knew to correct it, went on Microsoft games community support and tried every method there to no avail. Read the solutions here and nothing works.

Thumbs Down Same Problem on Two Machines

Very disappointing and not the best publicity. Got K&L yesterday - I'm confident it's a fun game if you can get it to work. I had no such luck - special defects right out of the box.

I tried running the game on two machines with different configurations only to find the same problem. In one instance the game wouldn't even start, and in the other, the R6025 pure virtual function problem terminates the application not even 5 minutes into the game.

Some of the other gamers' tips found in a few threads around here on how to fix this issue are not helping. And the threads on this same subject are compounding - I hope that sends a message and subsequently there'll be a PATCH, very soon, because I already feel like returning this defective product. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way. There are other $50 offerings out there that actually work and don't make you go through all these unnecessary exercises just trying as much as to make it work.

Originally Posted by Syrupsniph
    Very disappointing ...

....- I hope that sends a message and subsequently there'll be a PATCH, very soon, because I already feel like returning this defective product. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way. There are other $50 offerings out there that actually work and don't make you go through all these unnecessary exercises just trying as much as to make it work.
    You are totally right!
    Just feel the same way!

And I get the feeling that those moderatos and developer guys
    try to ignore this problem. ...or is there another reason why you dont comment this problem

Actually this isnt a litlle grapic or multiplayer bug... it is impossible to RUN the game
    We need a solution of this Problem!!!

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    I suppose we can thank MS for the 50billion versions of Windows. *sigh* At least Apple does the OS's right.

Give them a chance to look at it. Problems that crop up on the weekend need a little time to be addressed.

Originally Posted by chip5541
    I suppose we can thank MS for the 50billion versions of Windows. *sigh* At least Apple does the OS's right.

Patches will take a little time. Give them a chance to look at it. Problems that crop up on the weekend need a little time to be addressed.
    According to the Games for Windows website, games which have this brand must abide by certain standards, one of which is:

"Compatibility. Games for Windows branded titles work on Windows XP and Windows Vista based PCs, including both 32 and 64 bit editions."

So it is not that there are so many different versions of Windows it so happens to not work on one, it's a disaster on both Microsofts part and Eidos part as it doesn't fullfill one of the basic requriements for a "Games for Windows" game.

Having said that, some people seem to be running it on 64-bit Vista, so it may be my computer. But it doesn't change the fact that out the box, it seems as though this game is really off to a horrible start.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Even the big games have issues. Heck, Steam with HL2 had its own share of issues including not work at all.

Wonderful attitude

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Even the big games have issues. Heck, Steam with HL2 had its own share of issues including not work at all.
    We know PC games are not perfect, but the deafening silence we have heard on this issue is rather frustrating. Valve was fixing things as soon as the first problems were announced. They had press releases, and more.

With Kane and Lynch, the only thing I got back was that my video drivers and sound drivers needed to be updated. They already were, but I did it again and got the exact same result. I have posted logs, different troubleshooting items, screenshots of errors in these forums, and to tech support, but they did not address them, but just gave a generic response of "its your hardware, not our game" So my system can play Crysis, but not Kane and Lynch...hmmm which game is more intensive on system requirements?

And the other poster brings up a good point that you state that there are so many versions of Windows, but as the Games for Windows branding states, the game will run on XP, and 32 and 64bit versions of Windows. That is a point that cannot be dismissed.

I understand that you are frustrated and some posters are not as friendly or polite as they should be, but look at it from their shoes. This has been a fantastic fall season for game titles. and they chose to spend their $50 on your game, only to have it not work.

has anyone managed to solve it yet? its really pissing me off : /

I had BIG problems with Gears of War (Vista BSOD) that got fixed by upgrading those Visual C++ 2005 runtimes that Jongton mentioned, so I'm sure I have them installed. I have even downloaded again, but it didn't fix my problems with Kane & Lynch.

Originally Posted by spilod
    has anyone managed to solve it yet? its really pissing me off : /
    This has been forwarded to the dev guys and tech support chaps. I'll post anything I hear back straight away. I'll also post news of a potential patch as soon as I can. In the meantime thanks for your patience and I'm sure we can get it working soon.

Well I fixed my 64-bit compatibility problem - turns out the exe was corrupt (got a friend with the game to do an crc check on the files - mine was different). I tried reinstalling but didn't work - turns out part of the hard drive had decided to go funny - but after chkdsk and whatever, and a complete reinstall it seems to work...or it did until I got this error. Tried installing those c++ runtimes again but no luck. Weird thing is under a brand new XP install it runs fine, although under Vista it gives me this error message usually before i get to the dumpster in the very first level.

Going to search around for any generic fixes, but any more info anyone has on how they wolved this would be a great help - getting quite annoyed that I fixed one problem only to run straight into another .

Should say I ave a Q6600 2.4ghz quad core CPU, 8800GTX graphcis card with latest drivers, nforce 680i SLI motherboard and 4gb of RAM. Windows and all drivers are up to date and have the extra hotfixes suggested.

Couple of suggestions for people having this issue -- Did some looking around to see what the general cause was for the R6025 error in other applications.

It seems like the R6025 error is caused when an application running resident locks down a function being requested causing the requestor application to crash.

In this case, the bug would not necessarily be the fault of Kane & Lynch, but would in fact be inadvertently caused by another application.

For those of you getting this error please post the following information;

What applications were running at time?
    What services are running resident?
    What anti-virus/spyware are you running?

To find out what services you're running, CTRL+ALT+DEL and go to task manager.

Just tried it with the only program running that isn't an essential windows service, and still crashes. Usually I would have Teamspeak, MSN maybe firefox running (ie, nothing particularly invasive). According to the microsoft kb article on the error, it is an error in programming, but I am sure on this scale it is never that simple. What Operating Syste is everyone who is getting this error use? I only get it when I load the game in Vista, under XP it runs fine (or at least doesn't crash after ten minutes, not played it long enough to know about anything later).

Do you have rtvscan running in task manager?

I did (had to expand the list), but killed it and any other non-vital looking process from the complete list and it still crashes with that error at the same place.

I did (had to expand the list), but killed it and any other non-vital looking process from the complete list and it still crashes with that error at the same place.
    Can you give me a rundown of what process(es) you have running?

okay i re-installed the game... re-installed the microsoft c++... and i still get the message! i have been waiting for this game for a long time. I wanted this game ever sinced i read it in gameinformer. i got it this week because i ordered it from amazon(amazon released it on the 16th). It was a kool ass gift from the skool but it doesnt work! it works on a different pc but that pc vid card burned out and it had a onboard 128meg vid. and i didnt want it to play it like that... all chopped up and shiet. please tell me how to fix this !

Easiest way I saw was to take a screenshot of it - below is a link to it.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7...atskmgrdo3.png

To be honest I see nothing unusual running, and I have tried running it with all non-windows programs killed. Nothing seems to be helping!

Easiest way I saw was to take a screenshot of it - below is a link to it.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7...atskmgrdo3.png

To be honest I see nothing unusual running, and I have tried running it with all non-windows programs killed. Nothing seems to be helping!
    Ok give me a few minutes with this one Ksy, running a comparative analysis

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last