Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Thread: R6025 pure virtual function call...

R6025 pure virtual function call...

All right, I think I got a solution, because it worked three times i tried it.

Every time you want to play the game, copy & paste kaneandlynch.exe from the CD to your installed folder. Overwrite it. Size before you copy and paste is like 7.5mb, but the fresh one from the CD is 7.3mb.

Then you can just run it without reinstalling the game again and again.

This is the way to go if you don't want to run the game right off the disk like I suggested before.

Originally Posted by Jongton
    First I uninstalled K&L and then cleared the registry of everything associated with K&L.
    how do you clear the registry (only k+l stuff naturally)

Is a patch even in production? I just got the game a few days ago, but I haven't even seen the main menu yet. Some people have been waiting for MONTHS with a game they can't play.

Hey guys, i think i find something.

There is another folder in the game DVD disc, and should be called addon or UI or something(i just translated from my language) i hope installed those patches can fix the problem.

Praying..

seems it is a common problem.

But above links do not work for me.

i find a patch for xp but it still doesnt work..

Thumbs Up

Hi.

I just got mine to work!
    Before these changes I just made the game crasched after just a few seconds (minutes at most) with the "R6025 pure virtual function call"

The things that I know have changed in my configuration is:

1. Installed http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...mdcpusetup.exe (AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2.16)
    2. Reinstalled my nForce dirvers from Nvidia (Chipset)

There can also be something like a Windows update that have fixed the problem.

Now it's working perfectly.

My config is:
    • Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
    • Motherboard ASUS M2N SLI Delux (nForce 570SLI)
    • 2GB RAM
    • Windows XP SP2 (Fully updated)

Hope this can help someone.

Edit: Btw, I finished the game, so it works all the way.

Better than nothing

Hello everyone! It seems that we have got a solution.
    When the game crashes to desktop:
    1) DO NOT close it, leave the error dialog box where it is.
    2) Look to the Start panel. There will be a button named "Kane & Lynch". Press it an wait some time (1 min) untill game will return to fullscreen mode.

You will be able to play single player game till the end.

P.S.: sorry for my bad english.

Originally Posted by WS4A
    Hello everyone! It seems that we have got a solution.
    When the game crashes to desktop:
    1) DO NOT close it, leave the error dialog box where it is.
    2) Look to the Start panel. There will be a button named "Kane & Lynch". Press it an wait some time (1 min) untill game will return to fullscreen mode.

You will be able to play single player game till the end.

P.S.: sorry for my bad english.
    This is similar to the Gears of War issue that was around at its release. The biggest difference there is that there was a PATCH released for Gears of War within a couple of weeks of release.

And I can say that this trick did not work for me with either Kane And Lynch or Gears of War. Only when I moved from XP to Vista, did this issue go away. But like I said, Epic put out a PATCH to fix it mere weeks after its launch on the PC. What a novel concept.

Originally Posted by Maxx_Fire

I was right, these files are playing a part in the C++ error as well as being part of a problem with the way the game interprets direct3d too from what I can gather. (maybe it's just the machine!)

Either way, I no longer get the C++ error when launching after *finally* getting these files in to the right place. This is harder to do with Vista than with XP due to the strange permission levels in place but the basics are this:

• Open My Computer / Computer
    • Find the drive with the K&L disc in and Right-Click on it.
    • Choose explore from the menu
    • You will see a folder called 'Windows', Open this.
    • You will see two folders, one called 'System32' and one called 'winsxs'
    • Both of these folders should be copied to the Windows folder on your hard drive

* Please note that the winsxs folder is attributed with 'Read Only' so you will have to remove the read only flag on these folders, subfolders and files to make sure you can copy the files here. This may be all you have to do... but if it wont allow you to change the read only attribute you will probably need to make sure you have the required permissions to access this folder, users who are Adminastrators should be fine to do this on XP.

** Vista Users: You may have a harder time doing this as the winsxs folder is quite secure. I had to change ownership of the folder and subfolders, add the user group 'Everyone' to the security tab and give it 'Full Control' permissions, THEN change the read only flag on the folders! I also changed some settings in local policies... but thats not something which can be done in all the glorious flavours of Vista!

This may not be easy for some people to do, post if you have problems copying and I'll try and help as much as I can.
    Hi. I wanted to ask you how did you copy these folders exactly. I mean i know the winsxs folder from the cd must be copied to the winsxs of the windows folder but do you copy the folders like they are and paste them into the winsxs folder right away? or you just copy the winsxs from the cd as it is and just paste it in the windows folder? In few words do you copy the containing files of the winsxs(cd) and paste them in the winsxs(windows) or just copy the whole folder and pasting it in the windows directly? Thanks.

It's been a while but I tried copying the entire WinXS folder over and started getting the permission issues so I ended up copying the files inside over from the WinXS folder on the CD to the WinXS on the hard drive. This wasn't an easy task thanks to Vista's loving paranoia about it's files. Maybe using a "Bill Gate$" login name would help! (joking!)

Smile

i downloaded a file called XLiveRedist01.02.0241.00 and my game started to work

Originally Posted by womatama
    Where you getting a "pure virtual function call" error?

Originally Posted by womatama
    yessss i tried and problem disappeared.then i finished the game
    finally it works

Found something which may help folks with this (and possibly other install issues on Vista)

There is an admin account which is hidden in Vista and has full access in Vista, the user "admin" accounts are a sham!

To activate this account do this :

Click on Start
    In the 'Start Search...' box type : cmd and press return
    At the command prompt type : Net user administrator /active:yes then press return
    Close this window and log off
    Log on to the Administrator account which should now be active

This gets around the issues of the installer not being able to copy the files I mentioned in my previous posts and is far easier than trying to screw around with permissions, trust me!

These files going in to the WinSxS folder are important as they hold manifest info that C++ uses for the game and having 1 of the files missing or an old version of it could allow the game to run, but perhaps only for a little while.

Again I would like to raise my hatred for Vista... Roll on SP5: Longhorn returns for when M$ get it all sorted out and running as well as XP!

Originally Posted by Maxx_Fire
    Found something which may help folks with this (and possibly other install issues on Vista)

There is an admin account which is hidden in Vista and has full access in Vista, the user "admin" accounts are a sham!

To activate this account do this :

Click on Start
    In the 'Start Search...' box type : cmd and press return
    At the command prompt type : Net user administrator /active:yes then press return
    Close this window and log off
    Log on to the Administrator account which should now be active

This gets around the issues of the installer not being able to copy the files I mentioned in my previous posts and is far easier than trying to screw around with permissions, trust me!

These files going in to the WinSxS folder are important as they hold manifest info that C++ uses for the game and having 1 of the files missing or an old version of it could allow the game to run, but perhaps only for a little while.

Again I would like to raise my hatred for Vista... Roll on SP5: Longhorn returns for when M$ get it all sorted out and running as well as XP!
    I had the same problem but all of this didn't fix it.

- installed c++ 2005 redist
    - installed c++ 2008 redist
    - installed xlive
    - installed visual studio 2008 express edition
    - reinstalled and updated my soundcard drivers

no result at all.
    Since it is a programming/video related problem I decided to turn down my resolution under windows (running vista btw, I didn't encounter the problem with my laptop that has XP) ... anyhow I changed mij resolution to 1280 x 800 x 16bit instead of the native resolution I would work normally on (1680 x 1050 x 32bit) and with that being done the game launched instantly no problems at all!

Is there a fix for this yet...?
    I reinstalled the latest c++ and no good...and I think SpydR0 is right - this must be a coding/programming issue that must be taken care of even Microsoft indicates that these kind of errors might happen due to coding issues (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749) as it's in the build itself. Although another suggested possibility has got to do with the registration itself (error r6025) so in that case how can I know if this is a coding/registration issue?

Page 4 of 4 First First 1234