Thread: R6025 pure virtual function call...

R6025 pure virtual function call...

Has anyone come up with any solution that works?

hmmm...

Now getting this issue on a Vista machine. I've noticed that there is a folder on the K&L DVD called Windows and has two sub-folders with various files in them. These files are Visual C files (msvcr80.dll to name one...) and they are not being copied to the correct folders on the hard drive when the game is installed. I managed to copy the files from the System32 folder across without any problem but the other folder is giving me permission errors!

Can anyone else check if they have these files or not? I feel it must be related in some way...

P.S. This is Vista Business Ultimate
    P.P.S I hate Vista, it should burn... no, it should be pulled apart, crushed and then left to burn! I hate Vista!! >.<

Ahh vista business. WHY oh WHY they did so many versions will never know.

It should still be at the core the same as Ultimate and Home.

As for copying files to system32 etc yeh UAC will stop you doing anything IT thinks could be dangerous.

You could just copy them into the game folder (although yes you guessed it UAC will question this too but should allow you to accept this if you are an admin)

Have it installed on Vista home basic without any problems but I had UAC switched off before installing...

so these files are meant to be in the installation folder? or do you mean the game will also check here for them?

I have managed to change some local security policies and change ownership of the folders to me and I can copy the files across. Going to try again but I'm still getting a display error before this >.<

I'll report back any success/failure I get.

Solved! (for this PC anyway)

I was right, these files are playing a part in the C++ error as well as being part of a problem with the way the game interprets direct3d too from what I can gather. (maybe it's just the machine!)

Either way, I no longer get the C++ error when launching after *finally* getting these files in to the right place. This is harder to do with Vista than with XP due to the strange permission levels in place but the basics are this:

• Open My Computer / Computer
    • Find the drive with the K&L disc in and Right-Click on it.
    • Choose explore from the menu
    • You will see a folder called 'Windows', Open this.
    • You will see two folders, one called 'System32' and one called 'winsxs'
    • Both of these folders should be copied to the Windows folder on your hard drive

* Please note that the winsxs folder is attributed with 'Read Only' so you will have to remove the read only flag on these folders, subfolders and files to make sure you can copy the files here. This may be all you have to do... but if it wont allow you to change the read only attribute you will probably need to make sure you have the required permissions to access this folder, users who are Adminastrators should be fine to do this on XP.

** Vista Users: You may have a harder time doing this as the winsxs folder is quite secure. I had to change ownership of the folder and subfolders, add the user group 'Everyone' to the security tab and give it 'Full Control' permissions, THEN change the read only flag on the folders! I also changed some settings in local policies... but thats not something which can be done in all the glorious flavours of Vista!

This may not be easy for some people to do, post if you have problems copying and I'll try and help as much as I can.

Interesting, these files are set as `dependencies` within the installer script so would be installed if installshield detected you didnt have them.

I didn't overwrite anything, was fresh copies going across. Could you tell me if the installer uses a certain user group to install with? If I had problems manually copying these files in due to permissions, I would imagine the installer came up against the same problems and gave up.

Originally Posted by Maxx_Fire
    I didn't overwrite anything, was fresh copies going across. Could you tell me if the installer uses a certain user group to install with? If I had problems manually copying these files in due to permissions, I would imagine the installer came up against the same problems and gave up.
    As its a system file it will require to be admin only.

Wonder if you right clicked on the setup.exe and ran as administrator if it would do it.

User permissions is all handled between Installshield and the OS so if it needs admin rights it should request or use it if it has it.

Seems on a few machines tis not doing it.

I tried both methods, running the setup normally then again afterwards with "run as an adminstrator"... I'm curious though, there seems to be about 4-5 files you can click on to install, some of which don't want to run on Vista and some that do... Maybe the autoplay is detecting things wrong and running the wrong installer?

I tried both methods, running the setup normally then again afterwards with "run as an adminstrator"... I'm curious though, there seems to be about 4-5 files you can click on to install, some of which don't want to run on Vista and some that do... Maybe the autoplay is detecting things wrong and running the wrong installer?
    If u run the MSI directly that will use wat ever version of MSI is on your machine, if you run the setup.exe it will run it off the disc (so if older on your machine will update etc)

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    If u run the MSI directly that will use wat ever version of MSI is on your machine, if you run the setup.exe it will run it off the disc (so if older on your machine will update etc)
    Ok, so it has little baring on this problem. Do you need any more info from me about this Jay?

Anyone else tried copying these files across yet?

Not in this case. The issue just seems to be its not installing it on every machine. Once the files are installed it sorts it, or so it seems

I get the R6025 error to. Ive tryed EVERYTHING! Im thinkin about returning the game tomorrow im so sick of it not working! Crashes at the same spot in the bank just after Lynch shots the hossies. Could you Please tell me how to copy these files step by step (im a noob), I really want this game to work by tomorrow or its going back to the shop!

Intel Q6600 2,4
    Geforce 8800GTS 320Mb. Latest driver 169.75
    X-Fi Extreme. Latest drivers.

Same problem

Hi,

I can't get the game to run for more than 5 minutes, and I have tried *all* the suggestions posted in this thread as well as some I found elsewhere, still, to no avail, always get the R6025 - pure function error.

My system specs:

Windows XP, all latest patches
    DirectX 9.0c (latest version)
    Dual AMD Opteron 180 (never overclocked)
    AMD Dual Core Optimizer installed (latest version)
    ATI Radeon x1900XT (never overclocked and latest driver 7.11)
    2 GB Corsair TwinX (never ocverclocked)
    Audigy 1 (latest driver)
    no other cards installed
    no antivirus software running
    no DaemonTools or similar

guess I will return the game if there is no solution.

Try installing this

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-220B62A191EE

Its the `original` package from MS. Has installer etc.

I'm also experiencing this error, but with some slight differences.

First of all, the crash always occurs at exactly the same point in the game. I am able to load and play all the way through the first level fine.

Upon loading the second level, I get a standard Windows crash box "Application Error" containing the following details:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: kaneandlynch.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.129
    Application Timestamp: 47235e49
    Fault Module Name: kaneandlynch.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.129
    Fault Module Timestamp: 47235e49
    Exception Code: 80000003
    Exception Offset: 0005a9aa
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 8d13
    Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
    Additional Information 3: 8d13
    Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
    After clicking on "Close this program", I then sometimes (but note, not always) get the R6025 pure virtual function call error.

This error always occurs during the loading of level two. I still get the audio from the cut-scene, but I get no video. The error occurs as soon as the audio starts, but it does not seem to prevent the audio from playing at all.

My rig is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+
    2046MB RAM
    64-bit Windows Home Premium
    nVidia 8800 GTS
    SoundBlaster Audigy X-fi

All drivers are the latest, and I have tried the 64-bit c++ executable with no results.

Anyone had any luck with this issue? Topic has went cold, either means people have the problem solved (please let us know how/what fixed it!) or people are giving up.

Anyone had any luck with this issue? Topic has went cold, either means people have the problem solved (please let us know how/what fixed it!) or people are giving up.
    I havent fixed the problem ive given up !

Ill NEVER buy a game from Eidos again!!!!!!!!!!

I had this error too but I changed my Audio Settings to use OpenAL Generic Software or Directsound SW and been playing the game for 3 hours now without any crash yet *knocks on wood*.

My pc specs are:
    Vista 64 Ultimate Edition
    QX6850
    4GB Ram
    8800 Ultra
    Asus Striker Extreme mobo
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty

Update: After playing for 2 hours this error came up again when using OpenAL Generic. So I switched to Directsound SW and managed to play for like 3-4 hours (from the part you get through the streets of Tokyo to finishing the game) without a crash.

okay people, i read about the whole problem. i have the same problem. and i found a solution to this. hope this will help everyone since i went trough the whole registration just to post this

the error thing is supposedly caused by NOT having the windows XLIVE, so if you'll just download this link below and install it. the game will run just fine

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...02.0241.00.msi

as for the random crashes, update your soundcard driver. and change the audio options in the game to directsound (dont use openAL)

hope this helps

My previous attempt at a fix worked until I reset the pc then it went back to crashing. I downloaded the Xlive package from Microsoft as jaycw suggested and the problem has disappeared.

Thumbs Down

It seems that this error has started to plague me again. And when I came to the site to see if it was fixed, lo and behold, still no patch. Over two months and counting.

The error is starting to crop up during multiplayer matches. It is random and happens after several games. I did get an Xfire message shortly after, but I cannot say if they are related. I have had no issues with Xfire and this game up to this point.

Can we get some status about a patch. Even if it is to tell us we aren't getting one. At this point the "its coming soon" phrase really doesn't hold a lot of water when we have heard it for half of December and all of January. We just want a patch. I am wondering if Duke Nukem Forever will be finished before a patch if made.

For me, I can only run it once after installing it. So I have to install it over and over.

INteresting thing i found is that I can just run the game on disk (program files/eidos/kand and lynch/launcher.exe) and there, the game would run fine anytime. SO it's sorta like running the game on a console.

I tried all the methods posted in this thread.

Wow Lesson to me : Look at games forum before buying game... Or else you will waste your hard earned cash.

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last