Thread: R6025 pure virtual function call...

R6025 pure virtual function call...

Can you take another screenshot for me with all the processes you've stopped killed, I want to see which are running from the point at which you're running the game.

Going through each process to see if there's an error corelation takes a while and it'll be faster this way

Originally Posted by ksyme99
    Ok, two processes I'd stop and then try running the game;

bgsvcgen.exe *32
    ccSvcHst.exe *32

ight i killed a couple processes and still nothin man

Originally Posted by tweaxor
    ight i killed a couple processes and still nothin man
    Hmmm, I will see if I can find any other causes for the problem.

Tweaxor you tried the links provided in the first post?

yea i tried re-installing the game and c++. Me and my instructor at the college couldnt figure it out. My instructor left at 1 or so and i've been trying everything since then to figure this shiet out.

im running xp sp2
    2.4ghz
    radeon 9200
    1.5g-ram

?wtf?

just to let you know im goin to sell this peice of S O F T W A R E to gamestop for less and get a game for less that works on my comp or H E L L grab me a 5th of jack daniels and talk to my buddys how i traded in a game for a 5th! L O V E Y O U EIDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea i tried re-installing the game and c++. Me and my instructor at the college couldnt figure it out. My instructor left at 1 or so and i've been trying everything since then to figure this shiet out.

im running xp sp2
    2.4ghz
    radeon 9200
    1.5g-ram
    Radeon 9200 is under spec.. You need a shader model 3 card to run the game (read the back of box)

ahahah

dude i ran this game under a 128 meg vid card! it should have no problem ***got!

oh i meant 128 onboard vid.!! and why does this work?? still has old ass drivers.....

dude i ran this game under a 128 meg vid card! it should have no problem ***got!

oh i meant 128 onboard vid.!! and why does this work?? still has old ass drivers.....
    The spec is written for a reason. Its the minimum supported hardware required. Many games work on lower then the stated spec but you wont get support if you dont meet the minimum spec stated.

sorry... its sad to see a good game go :*( well i hope u guys figure this out. I'll check this out in 2 months or so. Until then im workin on my new water cooled rig and i hope it will run it by then

PEACE

sorry... its sad to see a good game go :*( well i hope u guys figure this out. I'll check this out in 2 months or so. Until then im workin on my new water cooled rig and i hope it will run it by then

PEACE
    Hey Tweaxor,

What they're trying to say is that the game requires a Pixel Shader version of 3 or higher. I'll give you a perfect example;

My laptop has a 256 meg onboard video card, but the card only has Pixel Shader 2.0. Even though I have a massive amount of video memory, I cannot run the game on this (believe me I've tried).

The reason for this is that it uses instruction sets in the pixel shader, that exist in 3.0 but do not necessarily exist (or function the same) in 1.x or 2.x.

So even if you have the best system in the world, with 10 gigs of ram, and 512 megs of video memory, if you're card doesn't support the required vertex shader, or pixel shader ... the game will most likely not run.

Yes, there are instances where a system that is 'below' spec will run a game, but the game is not 'intended' to run on those systems and if/when it does, its a bonus to the person who purchased the game.

This is why its very important to read the requirements on the package and make sure your system meets those specs. This is why these specs are put on boxes of games.

Edit: Another thing of note is some manufacturers will put down that their 'onboard' card supports Pixel/Vertex Shader 2.x or 3.x ... what they *really* mean to say, is that their driver EMULATES those shaders. Some games, will run under those conditions so check if the manufacturer of your card offers this emulation in their driver. However at best, this can be unstable and at worst -- the game will check to ensure its a HARDWARE shader and not an emulated shader and will not run.

im still having this horrible C++ crash. i found an SP1 update to the C++ redist on the microsoft website, but it only allowed the game to run for 10 more seconds than usual before crashing again. sigh.

no solution? nearly two weeks already :/

I doubt this will be fixed anytime soon, to be honest. My last interaction with Eidos Support said that my issue was caused by 'faulty media', meaning they think my DVD is messed up. Riiiight, I guess everyone else here has the exact same faulty DVD. If that's true then there was a production problem.

Whatever, I'm done messing with this. Too much work to enjoy a game.

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Even the big games have issues. Heck, Steam with HL2 had its own share of issues including not work at all.
    and they released patches within hours or days.

Originally Posted by Rick_D
    and they released patches within hours or days.
    Any patches would have to go through Microsoft, due to the GFW thing, for QA and certification before any patch can be released.

Everyone given up?

Has everyone tried doing a selective startup in case of software conflicts?

Selective Startup instructions

Also, does anyone have a programming language or debugging software installed on their machines?

I knew I had seen this error before, with Hitman Blood Money!

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...rtual+function

All posts relating to this error mention sound card driver updates resolving it, can also be caused by replacing the game executable with... eh... a different one!

I had this error coming up on xp. I looked through the disc to see if there was anything that could help.
    I ran WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe and then created a profile.
    Result? it loads the first level and appears to be fine now.

Maybe this may work for someone out there.

R6025 pure virtual function

I changed my dpi setting in windows vista back to default and now the game works flawlessly. Hope this may help anyone with this problem.

Bit off-topic, but this thread is "moved"? where is it now?

so after reading a *lot* of comments on crashes, i tried some things.

i initially had a problem with the game crashing right after trying to start a new game: as son as the loading bar was done, i got hit with the r6025 error.

-i opened dxdiag and tried different levels of acceleration
    -i tried selecting each of the three audio device selections from within the game
    -i updated to latest nvidia forceware drivers
    -i tried reinstalling the C++ redistributable libraries.
    -i reinstalled openAL

still nothing, same thing, every time, without fail.

then i tried updating audio drivers, and it got worse! now the game crashes almost as soon as you can see "Kane and Lynch" on the main menu, just a few seconds after i open the game.

i have never had any kinds of major problems like this with other games, so it would be nice to see a solution to this! thanks!

screw this, its been 3 effin weeks. i cant even get "into the alley" at the start of the game, before it crashes on me. how do we even know eidos/io are even doing anything?

I know people have tried the re-distributables for C++ but has anyone tried installing Visual Studio C++ 2008: express edition? Was trawling the inter-web for related issues with the dreaded R6025 code and someone managed to resolve the same problem by installing this. It's worth a shot if you have some time to spare.

Visual Studio C++ 2008 - Express Edition

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last