Thread: What The Heck! So Angry At Devs! Ripped Off!

What The Heck! So Angry At Devs! Ripped Off!

What The Heck! So Angry At Devs! Ripped Off!

me and 2 friends ordered this to play the 8 player multiplayer game...

only to find we cant. If you want to play 8 man multiplayer you need to sign in to WINDOWS LIVE.

and windows live costs £45 a year.

thanks for not warning me of this anywhere, the developers didnt mention this anywhere. I was already annoyed that i couldnt play the 2 player Coop on LAN (no LAN SUPPORT in 2007 !)

so now me and two friends are sat here gutted that we now cant play unless we shell out £120 between us to get LIVE subscriptions, to play one deathmatch game online...

oh but if we do there are no dedicated pc servers anyway.. so we still cant play..

thanks microsoft thanks eidos, thanks lo-interactive, thanks very much. STEAM is free, and better, i got this on PC so i didnt have to pay for your stupid subscription service i dont want, and now i cant play it.

Plus the game on pc is very bad port. Lots of references in the menu to pressing XBOX 360 controller buttons (im ON A KEYBOARD!) and references to 'system link'.

Furthermore when i try playing the coop mode, it tells me i have to plug in a 360 controller.... im on A PC IM NOT USING A 360 CONTROLLER!

absolutely bizaare and VERY dissapointing.

Thanks VERY much. as far as i know we were told there WAS LAN SUPPORT. the steam listing still says LAN SUPPORT.

Since the games have been manufactured and the pc box now doesnt say lan support, the devs knew about this ages ago and just didnt tell us.

well you know what, im taking this game back, i pre-ordered this game in good faith and this is how you repay me?? thanks SO MUCH.

Learn some manners , and that your customers are your lifeblood. i will NEVER buy a game form this dev or publisher again after this. Disgusting. we have 3 paperweights sat here now. THANKS.

MY REVIEW

Singleplayer - buggy and average

2 player coop - cant play - need a 360 CONTROLLER AND SPLIT SCREEN

8 player multiplayer - cant play, need £40 p/year subscription to LIVE EACH, and no dedicated servers...

You can sign into live for free (if you BOUGHT the game you get a code giving you silver membership) which is enough to get you online and play!

There IS LAN support.. You just need to have BOUGHT the game and entered your product key to sign in. Again its FREE!

Also you say that it references 360 controllers in the menus. It wont do this if it doesnt detect a 360 controller is plugged in (users with a controller can actually unplug/replug the controller and watch the menus change on the fly) Only time i've heard of a keyboard/mouse user getting the 360 controllers was someone who had messed with the config files so much they'd bust it (had to reinstall)

-Jason

wow... nice and rude. are you accusing me of being a pirate? if you are that is potentially libelous.

I have BOUGHT the game. me and 3 other people BOUGHT the game. if you want ill take pictures of all 3 copies and upload it if you really want me to prove a point of how rude you are being.

yes, admittedly i can get on to LIVE through the Silver membership, although this isnt explained anywhere so took me a while. however i need GOLD MEMBERSHIP for 2 of the modes according to the details on the menu. Also there are NO servers up for the one mode i can play.

As far as the 'messing with the config files' its a FRESH INSTALL. no messing whatsoever, and all of us have the Live dashboard covered in xbox button references. the main menu also says A to continue and B to cancel. im not making things up , again screenshots if you wish. some ingame prompts are the same.

As far as the lan co-op please if its there can you explain how we do it?

PLEASE id love to know because we have been trying all morning and cant get it working. we have NO 360 CONTROLLERS, i DONT OWN ONE so it cant be plugged in (unless there is a magical invisible one plugged in by an XBOX pixie) and when we try doing co-op it tells us that we need to have a 360 controller plugged in for the second player over split screen

If i am wrong please tell me how to fix this. thanks.

Apologises if you thought was being rude. Just you wont believe the number of people who pirate games and come on here asking for help (live being one of the areas we know is an issue on pirated copies)

Will speak to the QA guys bout LAN stuff

Thanks. Sorry if got a bit heated. Just frustrated that all 3 of us want to play what could be a fantastic game, and between us we paid out alot of money.

We just wanted to know if it was something we were doing wrong or a design limitation.

Thank you for asking about the lan stuff

The LAN-Play would interest me too! How to get it work?

well as far as i can see there is no LAN co-op atall

only split screen co-op with a 360 controller of all things... im on a pc.. how am i supposed to psychically know i need a 360 controller..

Originally Posted by NovaBlack
    well as far as i can see there is no LAN co-op atall

only split screen co-op with a 360 controller of all things... im on a pc.. how am i supposed to psychically know i need a 360 controller..
    Never said there was Lan Co-op. LAN for FA mode is supported, Co-op on pc is same as on console on 1 machine, 1 using keyboard t'other on controller or both on controller.

Insanity.
    LAN co-op is one of the main reasons I bought this game.
    And now I need a 360 controller to play on 1 sscreen? I think NOT!
    This has got to be the biggest joke I have ever seen.
    We play multi-player and co-op games on the PC so we can have our own screens, and play with others who probally don't even live near us ( Or, for what I was looking for, LAN) The idea of playing on the same screen as others is the reason I hate console games. Online or not.
    Sorry if there is any offence, I'm a angered that I was not notified ANYWHERE that I would need other equipment and that LAN wouldn't work for co-op.

I myself don't hate console games, but I do agree with everything else you said.

Originally Posted by NovaBlack
    me and 2 friends ordered this to play the 8 player multiplayer game...

only to find we cant. If you want to play 8 man multiplayer you need to sign in to WINDOWS LIVE.

and windows live costs £45 a year.

thanks for not warning me of this anywhere...
    i guess the word LIVE on top of the box weren't warning enough?

Thumbs Down Angry TOO !!!!

Originally Posted by xandou
    Insanity.
    LAN co-op is one of the main reasons I bought this game.
    And now I need a 360 controller to play on 1 sscreen? I think NOT!
    This has got to be the biggest joke I have ever seen.
    We play multi-player and co-op games on the PC so we can have our own screens, and play with others who probally don't even live near us ( Or, for what I was looking for, LAN) The idea of playing on the same screen as others is the reason I hate console games. Online or not.
    Sorry if there is any offence, I'm a angered that I was not notified ANYWHERE that I would need other equipment and that LAN wouldn't work for co-op.
    Hello. And if that wasn't enough, to add insult to injury, we HAVE to use specifically an XBox 360 controller, we can't even use a regular PC controller so we can't even try the split screen coop option. Most PC gamers that I know don't have consoles, and if they do, is not necessarily the XBox 360. Why do I have to be forced to buy a 360 controller just to play this game in coop? I think it is totally biased and unfair. Just forced marketing tactic of Microsoft products and Microsoft Live. I you ask me, all this deal STINKS!!! I hope it doesn't happen in the future with other cool games like this one.

Its events like these that made me go and buy a PS3.

Yah thats pretty bad. I bought this game after my buddy discovered that there was an online option where we could play together. Went to login after the obstacle course of signing up for Live and discovered half the online features were blocked unless we were Gold Members and we could not play coop unless we plugged in an Xbox controller...

An the screen is indeed filled with XBox button references.

And the one area where it allows one to create or find online games has the functionality of a turd. With the vast choice of 4 servers with not enough players in any to successfully start a game; that is if you are able to join the lobby and are not kicked back to the main screen, where you are forced to renavigate back to the 'Find a Game'. Servers you can choose from during that time have now dwindled to 2.

Great single player game. Horrible choice of going with Live. Making all features available to the player with the ease would have been nice.

I agree, sort of a rip off though. It doesn't feel good when a developer I trust rapes me. (metaphorically of course)

Thanks.

ps3 sucks

ps3 sucks, the only reason i was going to get a ps3 was to play metal gear solid 4, and i find out its coming out for the 360, as far as kane and lynch goes, i love the game, i find nothing wrong with it, one of the best games i have played this year, 9.75 is what i would give it.

Originally Posted by PRBatman
    Hello. And if that wasn't enough, to add insult to injury, we HAVE to use specifically an XBox 360 controller, we can't even use a regular PC controller so we can't even try the split screen coop option. Most PC gamers that I know don't have consoles, and if they do, is not necessarily the XBox 360. Why do I have to be forced to buy a 360 controller just to play this game in coop? I think it is totally biased and unfair. Just forced marketing tactic of Microsoft products and Microsoft Live. I you ask me, all this deal STINKS!!! I hope it doesn't happen in the future with other cool games like this one.
    One word: M$

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Originally Posted by silentassasin24
    ps3 sucks, the only reason i was going to get a ps3 was to play metal gear solid 4, and i find out its coming out for the 360, as far as kane and lynch goes, i love the game, i find nothing wrong with it, one of the best games i have played this year, 9.75 is what i would give it.
    Just for reference. The PS3 is a great system. Uncharted and Eye of Judgment rock! MGS4 is not coming to teh 360.

Originally Posted by silentassasin24
    Where'd you hear that MGS4 was coming out for the 360? In your dream? Cause thats not true. PS3 rocks, and the only way you can play MGS4 is to go and buy one. IN FACT, WTF are you talking about? The future games will have 20GB of texture, which PC or xbox is gonna be able to launch 'em? So go and buy a PS3.

The PS3 is a PC.

Originally Posted by Kneo24
    The PS3 is a PC.
    Uh, technically, all consoles are computers, so.. :P

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Even calculators could be considered a computer.

yes it is

yes it is, microsoft confirmed it, so there ya go.

i read it

i read it on a site, they comfirmed it, so there ya go