Thread: PC - game crashes

PC - game crashes

Exclamation PC - game crashes

The game constantly crashes, tried all different settings resolutions played other games thinking it was the system, nope nothing every other game runs perfectly. No message no nothing just a crash and a pop up saying if u want to report the crash (which i have numerous times). Crashes while sitting at title screen, inside game options, on intro movie, in missions, but the game always crashes at different spots when run, hardly ever same spot in a row. Please help want to play game i spent money on

Vista Patches installed? Newest Beta-Drivers for your graphic card?

running windows XP pro i hate vista....... direct x9c fresh install, fresh graphical drivers downloaded from nvidia today, uninstalled old ones first, restarted installed new. Changed and configured with different settings desktop nvidia support preferences and in game.

Puh.... wait for a patch! I have no idea!

Mine chronically crashes too, don't push anything when you get the error message, just push alt+tab and bring the game back up. Should still work for a while...

thats what I have been doing!

give us a patch!!!

Thumbs Down

WoW you are right, its not a good fix but if you want to play the game for a couple of hours it works..... It seems they should have caught this problem in testing, a lot of geforce 8800s are having problems. So much for beta testers....

I have the same issue, Kane and Lynch crashes back to the desktop.
    It starts fine but like clockwork it errors within 46 seconds. Like many it is possible to alt-tab and get back into the game albiet the multiplayer will not function regardless, the single player will work for two to three levels before it hangs on loading.

As was stated earlier I believe many of the people using XP and/or 8800 cards are having issues. My friend is running SLI 7800 GTXs and it seems to be running fine.

I'd just like to play the game I purchased.

AMD 4600+ X2
    2 gigs ECC mem
    8800 Ultra
    A8N-Pre
    Barracuda AC sound
    WinXP SR2

same

Hey there ,

i got the same problem. game crashs randomly every 50 seconds.

i tried to install this on my other computer , but still the same thing. game keep crashing.

my friend has the same problem as well.

my computer specs are:
    Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz
    Video card - Nvidia ASUS 7600GS 256mb
    1gb ram

my friends computer specs:
    Pentium D
    video card - ATI 1300pro
    768mb ram.

i hope there is something we can do about that.

hope someone can help us.

Thanks in advance.

I can't even get it to start so the alt-tab isn't going to work for me nor is that "solution" they have on their help page as I cannot get the game to run to try to use the task manager to run it on only one of the processors.

Unfortunately, a lot of people have been having problems with Kane and Lynch in general. Not being able to play Multiplayer, Random crashes during gameplay, Script runtime errors and this one erroring out to desktop.

tmp2 you said it crashes randomly? or it crashes every 50 seconds?
    tmp2 are you able to do the alt-tab deal to get back into the game. And also, what error do you see when it kicks you out. For the most part I was coming to the conclusion that XP users were the ones with the problems but I suppose some vista users are having difficulties as well.

Remember community assistance comes easier than official so prehaps sharing information/solutions will keep what's left of us from returning the game (if that's possbile at this point.)

Originally Posted by Avoc271
    Unfortunately, a lot of people have been having problems with Kane and Lynch in general. Not being able to play Multiplayer, Random crashes during gameplay, Script runtime errors and this one erroring out to desktop.

tmp2 you said it crashes randomly? or it crashes every 50 seconds?
    tmp2 are you able to do the alt-tab deal to get back into the game. And also, what error do you see when it kicks you out. For the most part I was coming to the conclusion that XP users were the ones with the problems but I suppose some vista users are having difficulties as well.

Remember community assistance comes easier than official so prehaps sharing information/solutions will keep what's left of us from returning the game (if that's possbile at this point.)

the game crashes every 50 seconds in random places. it can crash in the menu and it can crash while playing the game.. crashes for no reason.
    i get the "Dont send" and "Send" error. if i dont close the error i can keep playing but it lags and stucks.. sometimes it reboots my computer...

anyways , one of my neighbors got win XP and the game works fine.

Lightbulb

Do you use OpenAl or DirectSound in the audio settings?

If you use DirectSound, then perhaps it's also worth trying to fiddle with DirectX sound hardware acceleration. You can do that in dxdiag (Start->Run-> type "dxdiag" and run. Then use sound tab and the hardware acceleration slider. Try setting it to basic.)

I actually got it working disabling my windowsblinds. I don't really think this is the main problem because it also errors when I exit the game.

I went through and changed the audio settings as well. It is difficult to pinpoint because some solutions people have offer "work" somewhat, but the problem arises again later or just in different form like crashing at different times.

tmp2, I'd try disabling anything if you have Windowsblinds or StyleXp or whatever see what you get then.

Switching the audio options may help with the horrible sound though.

Originally Posted by Xcom
    Do you use OpenAl or DirectSound in the audio settings?

If you use DirectSound, then perhaps it's also worth trying to fiddle with DirectX sound hardware acceleration. You can do that in dxdiag (Start->Run-> type "dxdiag" and run. Then use sound tab and the hardware acceleration slider. Try setting it to basic.)
    Originally Posted by Avoc271
    I actually got it working disabling my windowsblinds. I don't really think this is the main problem because it also errors when I exit the game.

I went through and changed the audio settings as well. It is difficult to pinpoint because some solutions people have offer "work" somewhat, but the problem arises again later or just in different form like crashing at different times.

tmp2, I'd try disabling anything if you have Windowsblinds or StyleXp or whatever see what you get then.

Switching the audio options may help with the horrible sound though.
    i dont know what you mean by disabling windowsblinds or stylexp ,

but what i actualy did , i formated my computer and now i am able to play the game.
    the game works great.

still dunno what caused the problem.

Thumbs Down

wow formatted just for a game lol thats a lot of work to play kane and lynch = / wheres our fix we so obviously need.... Sucks about alt+tab wasn't working i was able to play the game for 4+ hours like that beat the game 3 times and stopped playing and problem still not fixed... quality game right here

Originally Posted by tmp2
    i dont know what you mean by disabling windowsblinds or stylexp ,

but what i actualy did , i formated my computer and now i am able to play the game.
    the game works great.

still dunno what caused the problem.
    Glad to hear you got it working. Please drop me a PM if you start experiencing problems again.

I can't get this game working. It crashes at random times... like every 1 minute. I can't even play. 8800gts windows xp pro. I don't have windows blinds or sylexp. So I dont know what the problem is. It just crashes and no error box. Just takes me to the desktop and I am not able to alt+tab back in.

Wolfer - You've got it working now haven't you? i just noticed you posted then deleted? does that mean its not working? or you dont want people to know how you fixed it

crashes just before it finishes loading the first level.

suggestions?

where the hell is our technical support on this issue?

Originally Posted by Rick_D
    crashes just before it finishes loading the first level.

suggestions?

where the hell is our technical support on this issue?
    Whats your hardware spec? OS? graphics card? system memory?

have you tried reducing detail? following the other threads about fixes/solutions?

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Wolfer - You've got it working now haven't you? i just noticed you posted then deleted? does that mean its not working? or you dont want people to know how you fixed it
    Closing Trillian only made the crashes less often. Still unplayable.

My specs:
    Windows XP Pro - SP 2 - Up to date
    Q6600 2.4ghz
    Evga 8800GTS 640mb Superclocked
    Realtek Onboard soundcard

It crashes anywhere btw. It can crash on the menu or in the game, completely random times. No error message, nothing. Just like I quit the game.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Whats your hardware spec? OS? graphics card? system memory?

have you tried reducing detail? following the other threads about fixes/solutions?
    my pc meets the required specs. I can run cod4, episode2 (hl2) and at a push crysis. also all the hitman games work perfectly on this machine.

1g ram
    amd 64 3.5
    x1300 (ati)

not a super high spec machine but it runs games, and should run this game.