Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII on the SE Store and Steam

Final Fantasy VIII on the SE Store and Steam

I just want to add my disappointment too.

I firstly played FF8 on PSX borrowed by a friend. Unfortunately I never owned a console so I bought it for PC.

And the differences where really frustrating. The graphic don't look much better which isn't that bad but the sound is awful!
    I could overlook such a problem when there won't be some incorrect sound files.

For example. Summoning Quetzacotl sounds the same like summoning the Phoenix. Until the heavy lightning wents down to the enemy the sound is completely wrong.

Probably because that cool thunder sound is really disturbing as MIDI. I would really suggest to bring out a sound patch.

I really thought that this "HD-remake" correct many mistakes of the older PC version which of course I bought too after I played the PSX version to get it on my own.
    A few years ago the install disc got a scratch so I wasn't able to install it again but since the PSX version is so much better I never regret it.

Now I regret that I bought that "HD-remake". Maybe Square Enix isn't diving through a sea of money but releasing a HD-dud without any special changes is a punch into the face of every fan.
    I really have no other explanation for such a 1:1 copy of the older PC version which where released in 2000.

I mean now 13 years later we get absolutely the same version again with minor, redundant changes?

Guys, everyone can read that Final Fantasy was the money bag for Square and I don't know how things are going since Hironobu Sakaguchi left the limited company.
    But it's an evidence of incapacity that the PSX version from 1999 is still better than the PC version from 2013.
    Even if the graphic is slightly bader but PSX games need to be played 4:3 which is actually the default setting of this HD-remake too.

I am looking forward to see at least some sound patches because those are really necessary for calling it a HD-remake.

That the graphics just look slightly better than the version of 2000 isn't that bad since it is an old game and so it can look old.

But that the sound of the PC version is worse than of the PSX version is poor.

(It's a comparison between 1999 PSX and 2000 PC version but since I played the HD-dud I can say from own experience that the sound is still the same!)

++
    Originally Posted by mike_ptbr
    After I open the menu:
    (BIG PICTURE)
    "ACHIVEMENTS SYNCHRONIZED WITH THE SERVER"

For the love of god add some option to turn that pop-ups off!
    I am totally uninterested in achivements I just want to play that game, which is quite impossible since off annoying sound effects and pop-ups
    ++

@Everyone

Don't buy this game until at least a sound patch arrives and an option to turn off pop-ups is provided!
    Last edited by Just_Chill; 19th Dec 2013 at 15:05.

Originally Posted by Targana
    With all due respect, I could not care less about being able to redownload or not. I do not want to use Steam to play a SINGLE PLAYER game. End of story.
    If you don't like Steam you could use Uplay
    http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_U...55800/sac.true

I think The DRM is tied to Uplay Client but the way Uplay deals with game installs is different. It downloads the installers and then you install the game. I don't know if you need the client to play the game.

I am going to buy it on Steam when it goes on Sale like I did when FFVII went on sale.

FF 8 steam changes and bug fixes

i just got ff8 on steam and i am wondering what are the changes and bug fixes that was released for the steam version cause i wanna know what was fixed from the ps1 original

Final Fantasy VIII black screen Steam edition

I purchased FFVIII on steam when it first came out a few weeks ago

I have been trying to get the game working but had no luck at all.

As soon as I launch the game from the launcher all I get is a black screen and it never changes.

I have tried different GPU drivers, different graphics settings, a different bios, updated other drivers and no luck at all, just a black screen.

Is there a solution to this or can I just not play this game ?

I also own Final fantasy VII steam version and that works fine no problems at all

Final Fantasy VIII black screen on Steam edition

I purchased FFVIII on steam when it first came out a few weeks ago

I have been trying to get the game working but had no luck at all.

As soon as I launch the game from the launcher all I get is a black screen and it never changes.

I have tried different GPU drivers, different graphics settings, a different bios, updated other drivers and no luck at all, just a black screen.

Is there a solution to this or can I just not play this game ?

I also own Final fantasy VII steam version and that works fine no problems at all

Hello everyone,

I need help! Just bought FFVIII for download last night and I can't seem to be able to download it...I don't have a key either not on here or on Steam. Does anyone know how this works? I already paid for this and I am kind of irked right now...

Not getting confirmation email for Final Fantasy 8

Bought Final Fantasy 8 on STEAM. Once installed the game asks me to input my email address so it can send me a confirmation email, I enter my address but do not receive any email.

Question What happen to FFVIII SOUND (STEAM version)?

I bought the game and I feel cheated!
    This is not the same game!
    The audio is totally different, as if the sounds were cheap ringtones!
    One of the best games of my childhood was ruined.
    I wonder if it will be fixed, and if not, I would have my money back? Assuming the game is not the same.
    Thank you for your attention.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Eu comprei o jogo e estou me sentindo enganado!
    Esse não é o mesmo jogo!
    O áudio está totalmente diferente, como se as musicas fossem toques de celular barato!
    Um dos melhores jogos da minha infância, foi arruinado.
    Gostaria de saber se isso será consertado, e caso não, gostaria de ter meu dinheiro de volta? Supondo que o jogo não é o mesmo.
    Agradeço pela atenção.

The sound was ruined. Someone has to fix this. PLEASE!

As of writing the game is on sale for 5.99 on the Green Man Gaming website just for today. Here's the link http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/e...-fantasy-viii/

I can ignore the horrible midi version of the soundtrack for that price.

Steam purchase account issue

I want to play FFVIII and I cannot. I have not received a confirmation email for my account. I have the correct email entered. I have tried at least 10 times. I reset my password just to double check and am posting on here because this is a stupid problem. Send me my confirmation email please. You stupid stupid people.

Also in the future if anyone who reads this has pull. Please destroy the entire square enix account BS if customers purchase through alternative platforms. Your company has bad PR because of crap like this.

I'm going to see if there is a more appropriate sub forum after I post this and probably copy paste this message.

I'm having the same issue with VII, also bought through steam.

Final Fantasy VIII for PC arrives in Japan on May 8
    (Siliconera)
    ― while Final Fantasy VIII is available now on Steam, Square Enix has not released the Japanese version. That’s about to change since Final Fantasy VIII is slated in Japan for May 8.

Official website.
    e-STORE product page.

The Final Fantasy Steam Summer Sale is on with up to 66% off your favorite titles!
    ― 48hrs only!

we don't really care that its on sale a lot of use don't want to buy it because the music is so terrible right now.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12