Thread: (PC) K&L hangs every 3 seconds

(PC) K&L hangs every 3 seconds

Originally Posted by Takai29
    Basic multi-media functions ... Play/Pause, and Volume Control. That's about it, nothing extensively fancy. What makes them so good is the product quality (ok and the cool glowy LED's too).
    G15 is more than this, I can see FRAPS on the LCD, and display CPU/memory usage, network throughput, TeamSpeak status... all while gaming. Is a very cool device.

Cherry eVolution Stream, which has only volume controls...

Originally Posted by Juanlo
    G15 is more than this, I can see FRAPS on the LCD, and display CPU/memory usage, network throughput, TeamSpeak status... all while gaming. Is a very cool device.
    Ya, I used to have one They're great keyboards, but my preference is for a more trimmed down keyboard. I don't use a lot of the multifunction features on my keyboard, mainly b/c I have multiple computers running so to optimize game performance I only run the game on my rig; Teamspeak, MSN, web etc I have going on my 2nd or 3rd systems.

I like the Eclipse keyboards b/c they've got good weight so during those times when you're really button mashing you don't have to worry about the keyboard shifting around, and the keystrokes on it have a very smooth feel.

ok back on topic?

lol, keyboards are sweet and all, but kane and lynch is even sweeter
    I'm just playing with an old dusty ps/2 keyboard for now until this is fixed

Sorry to hear so many of you have had the problem and thanks for people's into this. I am tracking this thread and passing it on to production and dev guys, so I hope to either bring a fix or news on a potential patch soon.

In the mean time, not that I will officially encourage people to mess with their registry, but has anyone had a chance to look at MrWoo's suggested fixes below?

Originally Posted by MrWoo
    lol, so sorry for your woes peeps. I bought the game, installed it, and found that in order to do coop, I had to have a pc360 or pc3 console to play it. lol, sorry, I am a pc gamer, not a console gamer, and I use a mouse, not a gamepad. And as a pc gamer, playing a game made in the year 2007, I do not play splitscreen on my pc360.

I bought it at bestbuy, and they bought it back 2 days later.

I had no problems running the game on my setup:
    e6600
    evga 8800gtx
    4gb ram
    intel 975xbx2 mobo
    logitech g5 usb
    enermax aurora usb keyboard

I will tell my bud about the usb issue, as he hangs 3 secs, and has a saitek kb. Here are 2 possible fixes that I have used in the past for different things related to usb.

First is a registry fix. Be sure to backup the value before you change it if it exists already.

Code:
    ; Increase the USB Polling Interval
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Usb\0000]
    "IdleEnable"=dword:00000001
    And next is a different sort of tool to do the same thing. It changes the usb driver if I recall correctly. Here is the link.
    http://majorgeeks.com/USB_Mouserate_Switcher_d4469.html

Good luck with this game.
    MrWoo

Originally Posted by MrWoo

First is a registry fix. Be sure to backup the value before you change it if it exists already.

Code:
    ; Increase the USB Polling Interval
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Usb\0000]
    "IdleEnable"=dword:00000001
    And next is a different sort of tool to do the same thing. It changes the usb driver if I recall correctly. Here is the link.
    http://majorgeeks.com/USB_Mouserate_Switcher_d4469.html
    I'll definitely give the registry change a shot. I'm wary of changing my the mouse polling rates, I've had some really whacky things happen when I've done this previously lol. Did this on one of my other systems and since I did it randomly the mouse will just shoot off in a direction all of its own

I'll let ya'll know the results of my testing with the registry change though

I'll definitely give the registry change a shot. I'm wary of changing my the mouse polling rates, I've had some really whacky things happen when I've done this previously lol. Did this on one of my other systems and since I did it randomly the mouse will just shoot off in a direction all of its own

I'll let ya'll know the results of my testing with the registry change though
    OK, alternatively, if you're not confident with messing with the registry, give me a couple of days to chase this up for you.

Originally Posted by Keir
    OK, alternatively, if you're not confident with messing with the registry, give me a couple of days to chase this up for you.
    No worries, I used to work at IGN so I'm no game noob -- The game is great, and I dont mind killing time for a while in another game ... or (can't believe I'm going to say this) ... actually leave my desk and go out ... (omg I said it! Yes, I might leave my home!!)

I'll just chuck in my 5 cents as well

I have the same problem, and unplugging the keyboard did stop the problem, but I am unable to switch over to a PS2 as my computer has none My "spare" keyboard is a Saitek 1 and (you guessed it) my main keyboard is a Saitek 2

I have not tried that registry change, as i sort of think it refers to the mouse polling? and this seems to be a keyboard problem? anyway, I am running a quad core and a 8800GTX as well and await a solution (hopefully)

Originally Posted by overthehill
    I'll just chuck in my 5 cents as well

I have the same problem, and unplugging the keyboard did stop the problem, but I am unable to switch over to a PS2 as my computer has none My "spare" keyboard is a Saitek 1 and (you guessed it) my main keyboard is a Saitek 2

I have not tried that registry change, as i sort of think it refers to the mouse polling? and this seems to be a keyboard problem? anyway, I am running a quad core and a 8800GTX as well and await a solution (hopefully)
    Hey Over,

My spare was a Saitek 1 as well and beleive it or not it works.. It seems to be the eclipse 2 that is having the issue so use the Eclipse 1 in the meantime and you should be able to play.

DD

My keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse, not an Eclipse II, and I get the stutter when using it, so the issue is present for at least some first-generation Eclipse keyboards. Support e-mailed me back after all of us have discussed this and found a temporary fix with the following to say:

"Try lowering the settings."

What settings?

That's a very broad response and while I'm not angry that I got it, I'm baffled that the response itself was so general. What settings are we referring to here?

I could lower my sound settings, or my video settings, or open up my cell phone's settings menu and lower a few options there, or I could change the settings on my microwave so it cooks slower...perhaps they mean lowering the settings on my thermostat? I don't really want to, if that's the case. That wouldn't fix the keyboard issues. Actually, that would create a new issue of it being too cold in my house.

I'm not angry or anything, I just found it a bit funny. It's nice to see moderators paying attention here though - hopefully support will catch up.

Originally Posted by Metzger 0528
    My keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse, not an Eclipse II, and I get the stutter when using it, so the issue is present for at least some first-generation Eclipse keyboards. Support e-mailed me back after all of us have discussed this and found a temporary fix with the following to say:

"Try lowering the settings."

What settings?

That's a very broad response and while I'm not angry that I got it, I'm baffled that the response itself was so general. What settings are we referring to here?

I could lower my sound settings, or my video settings, or open up my cell phone's settings menu and lower a few options there, or I could change the settings on my microwave so it cooks slower...perhaps they mean lowering the settings on my thermostat? I don't really want to, if that's the case. That wouldn't fix the keyboard issues. Actually, that would create a new issue of it being too cold in my house.

I'm not angry or anything, I just found it a bit funny. It's nice to see moderators paying attention here though - hopefully support will catch up.
    Haha, fair play.

Maximising or minimising the sound hardware acceleration in your dxdiag has solved problems for a few people, but I'm thinking it is your keyboard so if this doesn't help please bear with me, it's late over here now, but I'll chase it up first thing tomorrow and see if I can get a more helpful response.

Hey guys,

For those of you that have gotten around this issue; can you post up what you've done? I'd like to add it all to the sticky so that we can keep the 'resolutions' so to speak in one place for people to find easily, and that way we can keep discussing it here in the mean time until a perm. fix is found.

I was able to solve the problem by plugging in a different keyboard and unplugging the Eclipse. Using PS/2 adapters to change the keyboard to a PS/2 didn't help - the keyboard doesn't work unless it's hooked up to USB, at least for me. I unpacked an old, dirty, loud Logitech multimedia keyboard, plugged that into the USB port, and it worked like a charm - no more stutters.

So essentially, plugging in a different keyboard and making sure the one causing the issue is unplugged fixed it for me.

Yes, both versions of the saitek cause the problem with me, i don't have ps2 ports so I can't change to a spare one of those, I might have an older usb keyboard so i can check that later. No other issues re sound/graphics. In my case it is definitely the keyboard that causes it.

It's a weird one for sure, maybe the saitek's draw a bit too much power from the usb ports?

Oh, and no surprise that support are not clued up I worked for a major company, and when we found a problem (either by ourselves in r&d or when somebody else told us) we had to fill out 4 separate forms before we could get the "fix" written onto the servers for support to read

I actually played the game for a while with the stutter, just to see if it would magically fix itself and unfortunately it doesn't.

ah well, hopefully this will be sorted soon.

edit:

Update - I plugged in a cheap Canyon usb keyboard, the problem was not in the menu's but was in the game

Solution found for my computer.
    I do not have a USB mouse or keyboard (both running through PS2), I could also not play the game at all due to stuttering the first time I ran it, then it simply wouldn't get past the first screen where it tells me I have logged onto LIVE.
    I removed all USB devices (printer and Wireless internet). It now works fine and have just spent the last couple of hours playing!
    The bad news is... the games just 'allright I supose'.

Originally Posted by GlassComb
    Solution found for my computer.
    I do not have a USB mouse or keyboard (both running through PS2), I could also not play the game at all due to stuttering the first time I ran it, then it simply wouldn't get past the first screen where it tells me I have logged onto LIVE.
    I removed all USB devices (printer and Wireless internet). It now works fine and have just spent the last couple of hours playing!
    The bad news is... the games just 'allright I supose'.
    Alright you suppose? bah hehe

Nah just glad you got it working. Thanks for the update. Curious as to why USB is causing such issues for y'all. We are mostly on USB down here too.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Alright you suppose? bah hehe

Nah just glad you got it working. Thanks for the update. Curious as to why USB is causing such issues for y'all. We are mostly on USB down here too.
    The even stranger thing is some people who have the keyboards we're all experiencing issues with, are reporting that the game runs fine!

That suggests it isn't a problem with the keyboard(s) necessarily so much as a problem with the middleware (drivers/chipsets) between the game and the keyboards.

Nonsense!

The even stranger thing is some people who have the keyboards we're all experiencing issues with, are reporting that the game runs fine!

That suggests it isn't a problem with the keyboard(s) necessarily so much as a problem with the middleware (drivers/chipsets) between the game and the keyboards.

The problem is the game, plain and simple. All the other games I have run without a hiccup. This game lurches around every few seconds because it has not been properly tested and even worse is the amount of time people are still having to wait for a worthwhile response from the devs.

My copy of this debacle is back in the shop.

fix

I fixed it, for vista and XP users go into Device maneger and disable Human Interface Device.

-prefix

Originally Posted by prefix
    I fixed it, for vista and XP users go into Device maneger and disable Human Interface Device.

-prefix
    I love you. That fixed it for me. I had FOUR human interface devices.. only two of which I could disable. Tried the first, turned out that killed my mouse, lol, so I just went back using the keyboard and reenabled it. Tried the second one that I could disable, checked if the keyboard and mouse were fine, and lo and behold, all was good. I started up the game, and BOOM, everything worked!

I've been playing all night. I gotta say Kane & Lynch is better than I had some of the not so great reviews try to tell me. It's far from perfect, but it's not even close to as bad as some people out there make it out to be. Very enjoyable!

-prefix
    working for me

THANKS YOU!

5 devices for me, disabled the last one and it worked there does not seem to be any real reference to anything specific in the settings, and it does not stop any other usb device on my pc working

either way who cares as it worked.

I wonder will "fingus" go back to the shop now? after all, he took the trouble of registering here to tell us all.

-prefix
    Adding to the sticky! I prefix, I think there's some gamers now willing to bare your children ... not me though, you're not pretty enough.

Originally Posted by Pninety
    working for me

THANKS YOU!
    np

Page 4 of 5 First First 12345 Last