Thread: xlive.dll

xlive.dll

xlive.dll

When i finished installing, i got error : xlive.dll try reinstalling. how can i fix this

Do you get it when the game itself starts or during the install? Gonna need more info or I can't even attempt to help.

I was getting an error when I was playing, and still do, but by using a no-cd crack, ignoring the error box and alt-tabbing back into the game lets me play with no other issues.

Games for Windows Live is a piece of crap. I wish we didn't have to use it.

It happens right as im about to load the game. not during install. Right when i click on it from the start menu. There is no where to alt tab too it never even opens.

Well...sorry, that's not what I experienced. Is Windows totally up to date? I saw someone say that making sure Windows is totally up to date is a good first bet. Also, I'm guessing you've tried reinstalling?

If you can't use the official automatic update (for reasons I'm sure you know) try this: http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/

Other than that...sorry man, make sure everything is up to date on your machine, and defrag everything, and turn off AV and firewall software. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Originally Posted by Warbadger22
    Do you get it when the game itself starts or during the install? Gonna need more info or I can't even attempt to help.

I was getting an error when I was playing, and still do, but by using a no-cd crack, ignoring the error box and alt-tabbing back into the game lets me play with no other issues.

Games for Windows Live is a piece of crap. I wish we didn't have to use it.
    Please do not discuss using illegal cracked exes on the OFFICIAL company forums!

Any issues related to Xlive.dll usually relate to something being blocked on the firewall/router, or pirated copies. The files are tracked by MS and if they detect anything tampered will cause game to quit out (usually in a crash)

Not infallible but stops some piracy

Well, if you had read my other thread (the one marked 'PC Version - Random Crashes') without blindly accusing me of piracy you would see that I had this issue with the vanilla retail install of the game before I even tried the crack. The game is completely unplayable unless I use it.

I own a legal retail copy. It's not my fault that the only way I can play this game is by using a no-cd crack. I tried for over an hour by fiddling with settings on my machine before I tried the no-cd thing. The retail box is sitting next to me as I type this.

Second, it is NOT a router/firewall issue. As I've stated in my other thread, I turned off my software firewall and AV software. By 'turn off' I mean completely uninstall. I've also tried connecting directly to my cable modem, completely bypassing my wireless router. It doesn't help. I receive the crash either way.

If I do not use the no-cd crack then I cannot even alt-tab back into the game because the crash is so severe it just dumps me to my desktop.

While I understand your reaction and I know that your likely response to this will be to shake your head and roll your eyes, please do not assume this is something related to piracy. I could have easily pirated the game, but I chose to wait and went out and bought it to support. Now I am experiencing a severe issue, and the first response I get from an Eidos moderator (who may just be a fan and not an employee, who knows) is that I must have done something illegal. Fantastic.

No, this is not piracy related. I would gladly remove the no-cd crack in order to play the game on its own. As it is I cannot. Removing the no-cd crack means the game crashes to desktop within 5 minutes of launch. I hate that I have to have a workaround like this, that I need to go digging. This is a classic case of a legitimate customer being unable to play the game while pirates can play it almost right near the release date.

I am already talking with Eidos Support on this issue, but the response I received was essentially "We do not know, we are looking into it", which means it won't be fixed any time soon. So I'll keep looking for an update or patch, and until then keep using this no-cd crack in order to play the game that I already bought.

I am not the kinda person who just rolls eyes and tuts.

I want to get the game working for you so we can make sure if other users have similar issues then we can advise them how to get it working.

Cheers for trying it without signing into a profile (will give us more info about where the problem lies)

I've been so busy so not had time to read all threads on the forum. So apologises if i missed your other thread (or all the finer details i speed read things)

If the alternate exe works but the official one doesnt that sometimes points to other software on your machine thats deemed `suspect` by our protection system. Daemon tools being the main culprit (again not suggesting you have it and are pirating but lots of people run software that is used for dodgy reasons and has legit reasons too)

Its 6pm here so i finishing work now. but will check back in the morning

Good luck

Okay, I understand. Thank you for being so civil. I was afraid that I might actually be slapped down more severely for pointing out my workaround.

Oh, just to be clear, it's not that the alternate exe 'works', it is that the alternate exe for some reason lets me alt-tab back into the game after the error occurs while the official exe does not. I have no idea why. Just to be clear though, I get the crash regardless of which 'launcher.exe' I use.

I thought of daemon tools/Alcohol 120%, but I haven't used them in years. Just to be sure I went and checked that they were totally removed. They are not installed and there are no processes running for them.

Let me give the Live portion another shot. Honestly, though, don't waste too much time on me. I can play after I alt-tab into the game. Some others can't even play, and my game at least runs. Hopefully it'll get figured out eventually.

Have a good night.

EDIT: I'll update my other thread, but just real quick here: making sure to NOT log into Live does not help. Also, I have no idea what I did in the interim, but I went back to the official exe and I get the same behavior now as the unofficial one. So the no-cd crack makes no difference. I've completely removed it.

Originally Posted by johnsonk
    When i finished installing, i got error : xlive.dll try reinstalling. how can i fix this
    Look on the DVD and start the XLiveRedist.msi.

Exclamation I fixed the "xlive.dll" prob

Originally Posted by johnsonk
    Hello there,
    here´s the sulution for your prob:
    - First you have to install service pack 2 for windows XP. (if you use XP)
    - Then install the data "XLiveRedist.msi" which is on the Kane and Lynch DVD.

Well i fixded the "xlive.dll" prob but now the game crashes instantly and my system reboots. I have the latest video card drivers and so on.
    Now i really want to play the game, please IO bring a patch a s a p for those unnecessary problems.

Originally Posted by MisterG
    The version on the disc is v1.2.0238, reinstalling from the disc version would be better I believe.

Just so you guys are aware, the UK and US guys are investigating this. Thanks for your patience.