Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Visit Io Interactive And Be The First To Play K&l

Visit Io Interactive And Be The First To Play K&l

Visit Io Interactive And Be The First To Play K&l

JOIN THE HEIST OF THE YEAR TO CELEBRATE THE LAUNCH OF THE KANE & LYNCH: DEAD MEN GAME.

That's right! You read correctly! Because we're nice and generally cool, Eidos is offering YOU the chance to visit the IO Interactive studios and be the first to play Kane & Lynch: Dead Men.

You'll get to meet up with the team that brought the world's most menacing duo to life and after some hardcore co-op and multiplayer action, you'll even walk away with your very own goodie bag with a copy of the game and much more.

WHEN: The event kicks off at 1pm on the 22nd of November.

WHERE: The IO studios are located in Copenhagen, Denmark.

HOW TO ENTER: It couldn't be simpler, to be in with a chance to win this once in a lifetime prize, answer this simple question:

WHAT IS KANE'S REAL NAME?
    (If you look carefully on the official site you might find the answer ; ) )

Then, once you have the answer, send a Private Message to me, Keir, on this forum. Click my name above this post, or click here. We'll be selecting the three lucky winners at random on the 15th of November. The competition closes on this Thursday the 15th of November. The competition is only open to people aged 18 and over, and you'll need to make your own way to the studio at your own cost. (Sorry!)

If you have any questions about the competition, post them in this thread and I'll be happy to help!

Good luck!

The small print:
    1. Winners will be notified on 15/11/07 by e-mail and Private Message on http://forum.eidosgames.com.
    2. A list of winners, including names and country, will be available within 6 weeks of competition closing. These can be obtained by sending a Stamped Addressed Envelope to the Promoter (see 9 below).
    3. Eidos Interactive accept no responsibility for entries/prizes lost or distorted in transmission.
    4. There is no cash alternative to the prizes.
    5. Eidos Interactive reserve the right to substitute prizes with others of at least equivalent value.
    6. Competition not open to employees of Eidos Interactive Ltd or its associated companies, their agents and suppliers.
    7. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
    8. No purchase necessary.
    9. The competition promoter is Eidos Interactive Ltd, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3RU.
    10. Entrants must be aged 18 years or older on 22/11/07.
    11. The Prizes on offer are invitations to the Kane & Lynch and Hitman Movie launch event only NO TRAVEL COSTS OR ACCOMMODATION COSTS WILL BE PAID BY EIDOS AND ENTRANTS MUST MAKE THEIR OWN ARRANGEMENTS AT THEIR OWN COST.
    12. Entries will not be accepted from states or countries from where entries are prohibited or illegal. This competition is not open to entrants from the USA.
    13. Winning entrants must comply with all health and safety and other rules and regulations applicable at the venue. Failure to do so will lead to forfeiture of the prize.
    14. Eidos reserves the right to suspend this competition at any time

How do I post PMs?

Originally Posted by kassana
    How do I post PMs?

Hey and welcome to the forum

To send a PM just click on my name by my post, and the option will appear in the drop down menu

Good luck!

This is only open to Europe, then.

Stop messing with out heads, Keir.

At least I'm in Canada... we're getting the game next week.

Originally Posted by Arsh
    This is only open to Europe, then.

Stop messing with out heads, Keir.

At least I'm in Canada... we're getting the game next week.
    Sorry man! I don't know if this is open to Canada. I spoke to legal and they told me keeping it open to the US wasn't an option. I'll let you know on Monday if it's open to Canada. Sorry about the lack of concrete info for now.

Originally Posted by Keir
    We'll be selecting the three lucky winners at random on Tuesday the 20th of November.

Winners will be notified on 15/11/07 by e-mail and Private Message on http://forum.eidosgames.com.
    So let me get this right:
    You'll select 3 lucky winners at random on 20/11/07, then you'll notify these winners on 15/11/07.

And why do we get only 7 days to book our flight?
    Isn't that something you plan months ahead?

Originally Posted by Jeron
    So let me get this right:
    You'll select 3 lucky winners at random on 20/11/07, then you'll notify these winners on 15/11/07.

And why do we get only 7 days to book our flight?
    Isn't that something you plan months ahead?
    Lol, crap, you got me, I need to edit that. Both dates should be the 15th. I'm sorry about the short notice, that was out of my control.

PS - there's a PM coming your way.

I'm having trouble trying to send you a PM, help!!

Originally Posted by Mister Saxon
    I'm having trouble trying to send you a PM, help!!
    Welcome to the Eidos forums, bud.

If you click my name above this post, a drop down menu should appear, and you can select 'Send a Private Message'. Failing that try clicking this link, it might work.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers Keir. For some reason clicking on your name it doesn't show up with "send a private message" in the drop-down box. The link worked perfectly.

Originally Posted by Mister Saxon
    Cheers Keir. For some reason clicking on your name it doesn't show up with "send a private message" in the drop-down box. The link worked perfectly.
    Cool, thanks for letting me know, I'll add that link to my initial post. Good luck!

So what if someone from the US wins? Sucks for them?

They should at least get a copy of the game in the mail or something...

Originally Posted by Templar895
    So what if someone from the US wins? Sucks for them?

They should at least get a copy of the game in the mail or something...
    Despite the fact that your previous posts on here make you look like a troll, you have a fair point.

OK, so if someone from the US enters a correct answer, I'll gladly send one of them a copy of the game and some goodies, but for annoying reasons I should probably point out this is a gesture from me personally and is not part of the official competition.

Originally Posted by Keir
    Despite the fact that your previous posts on here make you look like a troll, you have a fair point.

OK, so if someone from the US enters a correct answer, I'll gladly send one of them a copy of the game and some goodies, but for annoying reasons I should probably point out this is a gesture from me personally and is not part of the official competition.
    My apologies if I came off as a troll. Was kidding around. I'll clean up my act, don't want to anger anyone.

Thanks the personal gesture, Keir, you're a good guy.

Originally Posted by Templar895
    My apologies if I came off as a troll. Was kidding around. I'll clean up my act, don't want to anger anyone.

Thanks the personal gesture, Keir, you're a good guy.
    I've got another K&L competition up my sleeve that'll be global and it'll have some cool prizes, so watch this space.

That I will, good sir.

You'd send us a prize out of your own pocket?

I think my respect for you went up tenfold.

If the contest isn't open to the States, I doubt it's open to Canada and the rest of North America.

But nevertheless, I don't really blame you.

I blame the legal department at Eidos.

So if we're in the US, and we're not actually visiting the studio, do we still need to be 18 to enter? (So close.....)

nothing works

neither link or PM option work for me...I've just registered and I've used both of the activation links send to me pr. e-mail and it still tells me that I do not have permission to send pm's/access the page...

Originally Posted by Dimhenion
    So if we're in the US, and we're not actually visiting the studio, do we still need to be 18 to enter? (So close.....)
    As this hasn't got anything to do with the official competition it shouldn't really be in this thread, send me a PM about it

Originally Posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
    neither link or PM option work for me...I've just registered and I've used both of the activation links send to me pr. e-mail and it still tells me that I do not have permission to send pm's/access the page...
    Hm, that's annoying. I'll send you a PM. If you get it try and reply, if not let me know.

No Joy with a PM

Hi Keir,

I don't get the PM option from the drop down and the link says I don't have permission to access the page.
    I'm registered, allowed emails to be sent and added you to my buddy list but still no joy.
    :-(

Unhappy

Is there a requirement for Post-count before you can PM?
    I neither have the option for PM'ing you Kier

If so can we just have a thread to spam so that we can enter the competition

After this initial post, i had the ability to PM for the competition.
    So, i suggest that all new registrars post at least once on the forum, so that they can PM for the comp

Originally Posted by oldlink
    Hi Keir,

I don't get the PM option from the drop down and the link says I don't have permission to access the page.
    I'm registered, allowed emails to be sent and added you to my buddy list but still no joy.
    :-(
    This is my bad - the PM function was disabled for newbies to stop potential spam, I think I've fixed that. Now you've posted though, you should be OK to PM me, either way.

Originally Posted by Shakey_86
    Is there a requirement for Post-count before you can PM?
    I neither have the option for PM'ing you Kier

If so can we just have a thread to spam so that we can enter the competition

After this initial post, i had the ability to PM for the competition.
    So, i suggest that all new registrars post at least once on the forum, so that they can PM for the comp
    This is the thread to spam/ask in (or go and hang out in community chat ), you should be OK, and as I mentioned above, I think it's OK now.

are we supposed to receive a confirmation PM reply from you as well? I too sent a PM, but received that message saying that I could not PM. However, my inbox thing says that I have sent it, so I'm not sure whether you received it or if I should resend.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last