Thread: ATTN : JENS PETER KURUP Director of Kane And Lynch

ATTN : JENS PETER KURUP Director of Kane And Lynch

ATTN : JENS PETER KURUP Director of Kane And Lynch

I would like to know how does it feel that you had potential to direct a great game maybe it could of been one on the best games of all time and blow it ?

You blew by not having online co-op available and you avoid this topic at all cost. Every response you had to the topic was " It shouldnt be a big factor of the overall game ? " Well Im sorry but if your in charge of making a co-op shooting game then it would make perfect sense to have online co-op an option. This is the next generation of consoles and Pc and there are many games out there that have better graphics and have online co-op as an option.

Please dont give me lame and typical excuses or a bureaucratic responses from staff of Edios and Io Interactive.

So memory should not be an excuse of why it isnt available .. and you cant hide behind the fact you didnt want to start from the bottom up to re-write the code b/c this should of been addressed in pre deveoplment. If you want to respond that its not a big deal and try to brush it off with this Fragile Alliance which is clearly put together as an attempt to have some kind of online support. You think gamers where born yesterday and can cant see that this was just a quick add on to the game ?

Fragile Alliance will not be as fun as you try to market it to be its a joke and should be a wiped out of the game and you should of spent more time and money making online co-op a feature. If it does prove to be a great online experience (which it wont )then time and online numbers will tell how may people are actually going to play Fragile Alliance and for how long ..... before Console xbox players go back to Halo 3 , Gears of War , Rainbow 6 and Forza , PS3 players will go back to whatever game they play online and PC gamers will go back to WOW and Unreal Tournament.

The critics will score this game about a 7 (if your lucky) out of 10 which would put it up there around games like Sonic the Hedgehog, Stranglehold and Fuzion Frenzy 2. I guess thats where you wanted to be and also be remebered as. Great job !

I'm saying this for the last time:

There is a difference with the coop in K&L and the coop of ALL other games.

If you play coop in a game then the story is removed, the cutscenes are removed, animations are removed, scripts are removed, everything is removed ... the only thing that is left is this:
    - a map
    - enemies in it to kill
    The ONLY thing that is being calculated and synchronised are the players (which in most games are 4 maximum).
    And even then there are alot of players with latency.

The coop in K&L is NOT a game mode, like for example a 'capture the flag'-mode in multiplayer. The coop here IS the singleplayer, so you could call it the coopplayer. You play with 2 people the singleplayer, meaning that story, animations, all the scripts, all the ingame storytelling, all the choices, all the events, etc are fully implemented and supported in this coop system.

So if IO DID implement a coop mode in multiplayer in would only be:
    - the maps which look like the ones from singleplayer
    - with enemies on it to kill.

Conclusion:
    -the coopplayer in this game cannot be put online.
    -they can however implement a coop mode in the multiplayer (like all other games have) and it would look nothing like the coop in the singleplayer.
    -some people don't realise that the new multiplayer mode, fragile alliance, starts as coop, and you can finish as coop.
    -so if I were IOI, I would release a small patch that gives the hosts the option to disable traitors (teamkilling), instantaneously transforming this mode into coop.

""""You play with 2 people the singleplayer, meaning that story, animations, all the scripts, all the ingame storytelling, all the choices, all the events, etc are fully implemented and supported in this coop system.
    """""
    Does anyone know how that would work for pc? I understand that with a console someone can just jump in and use the second gamepad, is the pc version going to be altered somehow?

It's the same for PC.
    I know this from PAX interview (gamespot)

I'm also tired of this same being repeated over and over again.

There is no online co-op. In the immortal words of Adam Marcus, 'Stop *ing.'

Jeron's right, it isn't going to work right. So you know what? SHUT THE UP.

This game is gonna shape up to be a brilliant and immersive single player game with an innovative multiplayer. Be happy with that. If you're not, then you can off.

Originally Posted by Fully
    If you want to respond that its not a big deal and try to brush it off with this Fragile Alliance which is clearly put together as an attempt to have some kind of online support. You think gamers where born yesterday and can cant see that this was just a quick add on to the game ?

Fragile Alliance will not be as fun as you try to market it to be its a joke and should be a wiped out of the game and you should of spent more time and money making online co-op a feature.
    Woow, was that just the greatest bunch of I have every read!
    I for one is pretty damn sure I'll play a lot of Fragile Alliance.

Originally Posted by eDome
    Woow, was that just the greatest bunch of I have every read!
    I for one is pretty damn sure I'll play a lot of Fragile Alliance.

Time will tell and numbers dont lie when xbox live posts how many users actually play fragile alliance. Ill be back here just to prove my point there might be close to 3000 - 4500 online gamers signed on xbox live the first week its released. The second week it is out I can assure you it wont rank in the top 10 so it wouldnt even be considered in the numbers.

For the other poster who says they cut the online co-op b/c it would remove all the cut scenes of the game just like other games.. sounds like it was a mistake from the original plans. Hmm if I can remeber correctley Gears of War and Halo 3 both having better graphics both having better multiplayer modes and all have online co-op with cutscenes.. Am I missing something or is it Jens Peter Kurup missed something. The only game that removed the cutscenes was Rainbow Six Vegas and no one really cared b/c the gameplay was so amazing.

Also on the note of the greatest games ever made for Xbox Gears of War and Halo 3 dont they both have more than just one type on online multiplayer mode ??? So again no excuse from Edios and IO Interactive not to have this feature part of the game. Also if your going to make an achievement for completing the game in co-op mode is just a joke. If this a singleplayer co-op game which doesnt make sense then why have a co-op achievement ?

Playing split screen is the most out dated mode of gameplay and should have been discontinued after n64 days. I know Halo 3 has it too and believe me I wont play that in split screen either.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    After considering the general tone of this thread I am going to close it. The point has been made that some gamers would like online-coop. I think we can leave it at that.

Fully, please read the rules

Rule #10: Do not post anything that is completely derogatory. No slam posting.

We do not tolerate “slam” posts on our forums. By slam posts, we mean posts that make statements such as:

“This product is horrible. No one should buy it!!”

-or-

“This is the worst developer, avoid at all costs!”

These types of posts will be removed. This includes "slam" posts that refer to members, moderators, developers, or games from either Eidos or any of our competitors. This does not mean that people can not have negative feelings about something, just don’t make a post for the sole purpose of bashing something into the ground.