Thread: Unable to connect / find game

Unable to connect / find game

Hey guys,

It would help some to get logs of this issue. This is going to be a bit tricky because you can't attach files in this forum or in private messages.

Step 1: Finding the Log File!
    1. Find your "My Documents" folder.
    The actual directory path on most Windows machines is
    C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\...
    2. Navigate to \My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs
    3. You'll see a bunch of .log files (and maybe some .DMP dump files if you crashed). The most recent one is Launch.log, with older ones being archived as Launch-backup-YY.MM.DD-HH.MM.SS.log.
    4. We'll need the log file corresponding to when you got the error, so the ideal case is this: When it happens, quit out of Nosgoth and grab "Launch.log" (since it's the most recent file) and send that specific one.

Step 2: Sending the File!
    I'm talking with Square IT about how we can make this process easier, but here's a temporary one:
    http://dbinbox.com/nosgothqa
    Attach your log file and hit send and we're in business! For bonus points, rename your file from "Launch.log" to something like "Launch-MyUserName.log" where MyUserName is... your username.
    Last edited by Psyonix_Corey; 25th Oct 2013 at 16:18.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    Did you actually see 16 people running around, or was it just in the UI? We have an old UI bug that may have reared it's head again in that if people get disconnected it will not delete their UI element so it looks like your team keeps growing and growing.
    Actually 16 people - 8 on each team.

YawningSoldier and =TSG= Ransom will also account for multiple games where the matchmaking tossed in 5-6 people per team.

I'd give you the IDs of the games, but it was near impossible to do. The lobby crashed early when that 16 game happened. The other stuff happened late.

It'd be great if the server name was displayed on the score screen for now. So we can at least note down the server from there. They should be shown there according to the Tech Sticky, but I have yet to see it.

I made a party to start 4v4 but the change in side it was back to 5V3

Did you actually see 16 people running around, or was it just in the UI? We have an old UI bug that may have reared it's head again in that if people get disconnected it will not delete their UI element so it looks like your team keeps growing and growing.
    I had this bug on Tuesday 22 October 19.01 CEST, some players were a very high level (129 I think for instance). I have a screenshot of this, but I don't know where to upload it without getting banned for violation of the NDA.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    It would help some to get logs of this issue. This is going to be a bit tricky because you can't attach files in this forum or in private messages.
    Since this issue was reported at length, I quit noting at what time I got the message. Are log files from 15 and 17 October still useful, or have there been bug fixes on this issue applied since then?

Lomonop, you can drop it to me directly via this link: http://dbinbox.com/nosgothqa

Lomonop, you can drop it to me directly via this link: http://dbinbox.com/nosgothqa
    Oh that's shiny and helpful! Maybe put it in a sticky? Now I can give screenshots to you about that bush that people get stuck in when spawning!

That also one of my Questions, i head from people ingame, that they were in a 16 Player match , i had that "lags" also on servers with 8 People on it.

Extreme Rubberbanding

I think I sent them (there wasn't really a confirmation message or a send button), I also posted a message with a link to this thread, but I don't think the message was linked to the screenshots

Originally Posted by Lomonop
    I think I sent them (there wasn't really a confirmation message or a send button), I also posted a message with a link to this thread, but I don't think the message was linked to the screenshots
    Worked fine, thanks!

It's happening again right now

I can confirm that it is possible that more then 7 players in one team can join a game.
    This can cause addition lag in this stage of the game I guess?

Nothing seems to be happening and we got dropped from the last game. You guys still working on it?

You guys have huge problems with servers, i wont waste my time to test this before you fix your servers. I have played 5 different day and 4 of those have had some issues with servers and today it was worst than ever 45 min in game and trying to play 2 different match 1st lasted 3 min and then it throw me in lobby and 2nd match lasted 6 min then game crashed.

Kinda funny that first game session (15th october) was almost perfect then everything is gone to downhill.

During the gaming session of 29 October I started by entering a game with 9:50 left on the timer and 4 team mates (this was at 19:16:04 CET), later in the match (19:19:17) I had 5 team mates, I'm not sure if all of them were connected, for instance I saw a Tyrant just standing there.
    Later (19:45:39), in another match, I only had 2 team mates. This, however, is probably not a bug, but was caused by someone leaving and the inability of the server to find a replacement.
    I have sent 3 screenshots regarding this post.

Originally Posted by Baldorog
    You guys have huge problems with servers, i wont waste my time to test this before you fix your servers. I have played 5 different day and 4 of those have had some issues with servers and today it was worst than ever 45 min in game and trying to play 2 different match 1st lasted 3 min and then it throw me in lobby and 2nd match lasted 6 min then game crashed.

Kinda funny that first game session (15th october) was almost perfect then everything is gone to downhill.
    I think because they do let new people join in the Alpha test.
    When the servers gets flooded there will be lots of problems with the server at this moment.
    This issue has been noted by the team and is monitoring the servers each time we play to find out where the problem comes from.
    Not playing when the servers are up, will only make it harder for the dev team to find what is wrong with the coding or what is wrong with the server.

And you are playing in an Closed Alpha the very first test phase of a game. If you won't play then please let the admins delete your account and give it to a active member that is willing to ignore the fact the servers are not yet perfect.

Hirukaru is correct in that, while we know that it's extremely frustrating when the servers are acting up we would still greatly appreciate people continuing to try as it helps us to generate server logs to see where the problem lies. Trust me that I know it's frustrating - because of the time difference I had to get to work early so I could try to play with you guys and I couldn't connect either.

The jist of it is that it's not something we were able to reproduce without opening up the game to a massive amount of people, which is the entire point of an alpha. That being said, I do hope everyone will still keep trying so we can get the logs we need. It will only help to make the game better in the long run.

Originally Posted by hirukaru
    And you are playing in an Closed Alpha the very first test phase of a game. If you won't play then please let the admins delete your account and give it to a active member that is willing to ignore the fact the servers are not yet perfect.
    I was playing closed alpha on 15th October almost 3 hours of constant game play and after that each time play time has decreased a lot and most time goes in lobby trying to search game and all i got is "there's no servers available at this moment" and finally when i get in game lobby there is only few players around and i have to wait like 15-20 min to get in game because for sure they fight with same problem "there's no servers available at this moment" and when i get in game it's lagging so much or it crashes and same thing again. I know this is alpha but there has gone 3 week since my first game session and everything has gone worse since then.

I don't mind if you delete my alpha account at least i don't want to waste 3 hour to get 1 hour game time.

I'm not sure what else to tell you here, Baldarog. This kind of stuff happens with alphas sometimes, and while it's not ideal and we weren't aiming for it, the purpose of having alphas is to find these kinds of problems. If you are truly frustrated to the point of no longer wishing to be in the alpha we can certainly remove your account so you no longer have access nor receive emails. Just let me know through a pm if you would prefer that and we can see it done.

I'm not sure what else to tell you here, Baldarog. This kind of stuff happens with alphas sometimes, and while it's not ideal and we weren't aiming for it, the purpose of having alphas is to find these kinds of problems. If you are truly frustrated to the point of no longer wishing to be in the alpha we can certainly remove your account so you no longer have access nor receive emails. Just let me know through a pm if you would prefer that and we can see it done.
    *cough* I might know a few people who would be pleased to have his *cough*

Originally Posted by Xaragoth
    *cough* I might know a few people who would be pleased to have his *cough*
    i think bal just have to get used to trouble a closed alpha encounters. I understand his feelings if you just want to play.

But i also understand eric his reply. Dont like alpha, try beta or full release. Alpha encounters these stuff, please get used to it. Will prob. be fixed in the picture.
    Last edited by hirukaru; 7th Nov 2013 at 10:44.

Exclamation Am I the only one online?

On my square enix profile it says I'm a registered 'owner' of the Alpha, I downloaded the game a while back and have been trying to get online to get a taste of the action. The problem being, that even during the registered beta hours I can't seem to get into a game, and I'm registered as the sole online player.
    Now my question is; is this due to the fact that I am not signed up for the beta? Or is this a known issue?
    I have re-installed the game but it doesn't fix the problem.
    I would be most pleased, if you could help me out here.

Moving this thread to the Private forum.
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

well... it maybe you got lucky for some reason^^ (or not)
    My problem is that i can't reach a server allthough it's playtime o.O

infact, i think i have the same problem, i'm also listed as the only one.

You are not, sorry for the trouble.

We're pushing a new build due to a mixup between teams. I'll update this post when things are ready to go again.

Page 3 of 20 First First 123456713 ... Last