Thread: Seriously can I get a final answer ? Online co-op or no online co-op ?

Seriously can I get a final answer ? Online co-op or no online co-op ?

Seriously can I get a final answer ? Online co-op or no online co-op ?

I need to know is there going to be online co-op for xbox live ???

I see theres 2 achievements for the 360 that says complete the game in co-op. I hope this is online co-op if not this is really ... nm I shouldnt even say it.

# 1 reson why im not going to play co-op is vecause of splitscreen !!!

Gears of War, Halo 3 and even Rainbow Six Vegas all arguably the greatest games ever made for the 360 and all support online co-op.

I hate damn split screen I didnt buy a 360 and a Hdtv to split the screen and share with some next to me. No matter what excuses people give about online co-op that is whats going to make this game be decent not great. Maybe in the UK this game will be a hit but not in the U.S. and im sure Edios knows this allready. I wish edios and io interactive would of spent more time developing a great game instead of a co-op splitscreen game which makes no sense. If its impossible than Gears of War , Rainbow Six Vegas and Halo 3 all have better graphics and all managed to have online co-op so there should be no excuse. Please design and engineer your games for the next generation consoles and Pc's not last years tech and demand.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    No online co-op.

It's a matter of focus, choosing what you want to deliver at what time. We looked at it and decided it was too much of a risk to change our code to be very very good at that, and we're not going to be very very good at other elements. I'll miss the online co-op, but not terribly.
    Source: http://kotaku.com/gaming/brats/kane-...mes-308528.php

Maybe it is something they can look at for the sequal (if done).

Coop mode in other games sucks!
    They removed the story, ingame scenes and scripts. In vegas you don't even do the helicopter drop together, it has all been disabled.

K&L doesn't have a coop mode. It's a coopplayer game! The coop ain't multiplayer. In the other games it's a multiplayer mode, you have capture the flag, team deathmatch, coop, etc. It's just the same map as the singleplayer one with NPCs on it and you just have to kill them, pretty much like terrorist hunt or something. But there is nothing going on!

But in K&L the coop ain't multiplayer. It works like singleplayer. You just play the game and your bud can join in anytime. And you've got all the scripts and events still going on!!!

If K&L did have a coop mode in multiplayer, it would be just the coopplayer/singleplayer maps with NPCs on it for you to kill. There would be nothing going on, no conversation, no events, no explosions, no nothing!!!

who cares

who cares if the game does not have online coop, it is going to be awesome with just the fragile alliance online play and the offline coop, it does not matter to me if it has coop online or not, and i think it is going to be a big hit in america, looks great and its gonna be great when it releases.

I think many gamers care, because it's a very compelling feature that gives some replay value with their friends. Hypothetical situation: If K&L didn't come with achievement points on the console, would the game be any less to console gamers, gameplay wise? Not really, but you can bet they would be in an uproar that there is no achievement points, which to them add replay value. Elitist PC gamers would simply say "so what? We haven't had achievement points for decades, they seem like a gimmick to us". It does nothing really but add bragging rights to ones gamer card, just my opinion. But I respect gamers who want things in the game to expand on their gameplay experience and most of all have "Fun".

For me playing co-op is going to be quite awkward, alot of people I play with live in other areas of europe how am I going to invite them around? I wonder how the PC version of co-op will work, if it's offline lan it's not too much of a problem I suppose, there is always hamachi. The irony is that some of the achievements are for co-op, those will be probably more difficult for some people then others.

More and more games are coming with co-op, it was good playing Vegas/Halo3/GRAW1/2 Splinter cell Chaos Theory etc.. with co-op. Adversial isn't an atmosphere that some want to play anymore. Being cursed, high levels of frustration, and accusing others of cheating isn't my idea of fun. Playing against the computer and generally chilling out is fun.

Also having co-op online gives the game a bigger online presence and community, rather then people just playing the game by themselves and putting on the shelf never to be played again. I don't think many people see that side they just think, ah it has Adversial couldn't give a poop about anyone else, job well done. That kind of slefish mentality is what I hate to see in any community.

Originally Posted by Jeron
    Coop mode in other games sucks!
    They removed the story, ingame scenes and scripts. In vegas you don't even do the helicopter drop together, it has all been disabled.

K&L doesn't have a coop mode. It's a coopplayer game! The coop ain't multiplayer. In the other games it's a multiplayer mode, you have capture the flag, team deathmatch, coop, etc. It's just the same map as the singleplayer one with NPCs on it and you just have to kill them, pretty much like terrorist hunt or something. But there is nothing going on!

But in K&L the coop ain't multiplayer. It works like singleplayer. You just play the game and your bud can join in anytime. And you've got all the scripts and events still going on!!!

If K&L did have a coop mode in multiplayer, it would be just the coopplayer/singleplayer maps with NPCs on it for you to kill. There would be nothing going on, no conversation, no events, no explosions, no nothing!!!
    Hmm but Gears of War and Halo3 both had custscenes , explosions and the complete package with online co-op. Rainbow 6 Vegas co-op didnt bother me b/c it had such a great gameplay the story really didnt matter except to kill the terrorists.