Thread: License date has expired!

Exclamation License date has expired!

Well I have another problem right now. I wanted to play TRA and got this error: "License date has expired
    Please contact the software provider to update the software!"

Yes, I play a version of TRA I downloaded from a website, a full version. Why? Because I had the original DVD of TRA and it hangs at 95% so I can't play the original version.

Is there already a thread about this?

Yes, many.

License date has expired because it is an illegal copy of a pre-retail version. The original doesn't "hang" at 95%, you were just maybe a little too much impatient.

LOL! Well I going to try some other things that it installs. I waited for 3 hours and still 95%. Not really cool! But now I have a other problem! I made a Thread about it. It's my resolution!

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Yes, many.

License date has expired because it is an illegal copy of a pre-retail version. The original doesn't "hang" at 95%, you were just maybe a little too much impatient.
    It most certainly does. I had that same problem. Fortunately after much searching I found a solution on here - somewhere.

Neyla, if I see it again, I'll let you know!

Oh, as I searching for it, I see you have found the solution. At least I think you did. LOL.

When I installed TRA it appeared to hang at 95% aswell. It did'nt actaully hang it just took a long time to do the last little bit.

If this isnt the case for you:

» The Installation hangs.
    Option 1: (if you have patients) The installation can take a long time to complete the final part of the installation. DirectX is being updated and this has been known to take over 30 minutes to complete.

Option 2: Create a temporary folder on your hard drive and copy the contents of the DVD except the dx9.0c folder. Now run setup.exe from your temporary folder. Once complete you can delete the temporary folder and it's content.
    If you are not sure if you have DirectX 9.0c you can download it from Microsoft and install.

Option 3: When the installation appears to hang at 95% open the Task Manager and select the process Tab. You will see that "SET58.tmp" is running 100%. Right mouse click on the process and Set the Priority to "Below Normal". The installation should then complete shortly.

I got that from here: http://www.tombraiderhub.com/faq/tra.html
    "I'm up for a little heresy"

Isn't this piracy?

i have the same problem i cant start the game it is r-55 i need help i wrili wont tu play

help plzzz

I had the same problem... the installation stops at certain point but I just wait for 10-15 minutes and it completes...

licene date expired

Quote Originally Posted by Neyla View Post
    Well I have another problem right now. I wanted to play TRA and got this error: "License date has expired

Yes, I play a version of TRA I downloaded from a website, a full version. Why? Because I had the original DVD of TRA and it hangs at 95% so I can't play the original version.

please i need to update the licene

Quote Originally Posted by Neyla View Post

i need to update liecene

hello neyla. please try out this:
    1.make a new account in your pc(new user).
    2.install the game and play.
    (i'm also facing -licence expire- problem.And this trick helps me.)