Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: My Letter to Square Enix

My Letter to Square Enix

"

July 1, 2012

Dear Mr. Yoichi Wada,

I write to you today with great respect and admiration for all you have done at Square Enix. The business decisions you have made in the past few years when it comes to buying out studios and publishers to further Square Enix as a company is really exciting from a fans point of view. However, if I may be blunt with you I would like to ask a favor of your company and you.

Many fans here in North America and Europe have been waiting many years on games such as Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts III with no avail. I know, as well as many other fans do, that Mr. Tetsuya Nomura is a very busy man and that he is working very hard on these two projects. However, fans cannot help but feel a little shunned about how Square Enix is handling these two projects. These two games should be at the top of Square Enix project list and for some reason these games have been put on hold time and time again. It would give many fans relief to see these projects to be moved along. It would also make fans very happy to know how Final Fantasy Versus XIII is moving along. Most fans know that Kingdom Hearts is still a few years off but many fans here in the States are now starting to wane on Final Fantasy Versus XIII because of the long periods of time with no new information on the game.

I also ask another favor from you. Many fans here want to see Final Fantasy Versus XIII do really well and sell as many copies as it can. I can’t help but worry that the XIII in the name will damage sales for the game because the casual gamer that had a bad experience with Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2. I do not think a game of this caliber should have to be a “spin-off” or “share” the Final Fantasy XIII name. As such many fans here in North America and Europe are asking for a name change for Final Fantasy Versus XIII. As Final Fantasy Agito XIII changed to Final Fantasy Type-0 fans are asking the same of Versus XIII. As a matter of fact many are dubbing Final Fantasy Versus XIII as “Final Fantasy XV”. I cannot help but think this would be a great move on your part as it would invigorate interest in the Final Fantasy brand and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. It would also boost sales for this title which would be great for Square Enix as a whole.

So in conclusion, fans across the world are very much looking forward to Final Fantasy Versus XIII and want to buy the game. A name change to “Final Fantasy XV” would boost sales and more information on the game would revitalize interest in the game and brand. I know you would like to see nothing more than to see sales for the next game in Final Fantasy to sale many, many copies. Many fans would like to see that too. That is why I am writing this letter to you. Also if you can make a collector’s edition for North America and Europe for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your attentiveness and look forward to seeing how the game will turn out.

Sincerely,

[Personal Information]"

I mailed this out yesterday with another letter typed up for Mr. Tetsuya Nomura personally. So what do you guys think? Too much? Needs more respect? Should I not be as straitforward? Comment below and let me know.

I remembered that they do not know English so this letter only useless if you don't write it in Japanese

Simply run the whole letter through google translate, should be decent enough for them to understand what you are asking. Though I think you should remove the whole XV suggestion and simply suggest they change the name. Wonder if SE even gives a damn about SE America or Europe, hope they see popular stuff all the way in Japan.

Maybe you should write this message after TGS in case they didn’t show anything about Versus.

they faced some technical problems because they are trying to make a seamless game , plus You said it yourself, that Mr. Tetsuya Nomura is a very busy man and that he is working very hard on these two projects. so they have enough reasons to delay the game.but they don’t have reasons for not updating us with information

Although I don’t care about the name,but if they are willing to do that, I have a suggestion, they can drop (XIII)and make the game an independent series,(each entry has its own world and characters)all share the concept of “a fantasy based on reality” dealing with real life issues and directed towards more mature players, since old FF fans are adult by now.

I already sent it like two days ago but I did put two letters in the envelope. One in Japanese and one in English.

I hope they give a positive reply to your letter.

Here is your reply.

"Dear Loyal Pawn,

We appreciate your concern, please give us your money, nothing will probably happen on your accord. Please keep supporting us.

Sincerely,

Yoichi Wada"

Except more formal and very vague.

Maybe he will reply :

" we have to apologize . Tetsuya Nomura has been hospitalized because he stumbled into Toriyama's leg so Versus will be canceled "

@Magius

Lol. That would be funny.

@Azure

I would rage do much. At least take out Toriyama with you Nomura .

Update: Letters have been written and getting prepared for Kitase and Hashimoto to be sent with the Nomura letter. They should be going out today. We will see what responses (if any) I get when they come. I will continue to update you guys with these letters.

square wont listen to fans

Keep the name versus

In all honesty, I doubt these letters mean much to them. They already have their own agendas out, do you really think a letter would touch them to have a change of heart and become more open with their fans, (who are all over the place trying to "reach out" to the developers"? Let's be realistic here: what they give is what you get and no matter how modest your letter is, it probably won't mean anything to them.

Why Square Enix does not respond to the letter? My letter was very important!

how long ago did you send it? give them time

Passed one month. No single answer, at least you can say something. I wrote a very long letter.

Or is there another address where you can write?

I wrote here: secommunity@square-enix.com and enquiry@square-enix.com

Can you post your letter here in this thread? Perhaps we can help you out?

Letter concerns the brand Final Fantasy. Only employees will be able to help. Yes?

No, not necessarily. It depends on what exactly you wanted them to help you with. Is it related to the downloadable PC release of FFVII?
    Last edited by Grimoire; 30th Mar 2014 at 23:00.

No, this is a serious question. Regarding the use of the trademark. On behalf of the Russian community.

Can it be openly discussed? If not, perhaps they did not consider it to be a serious problem.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 30th Mar 2014 at 23:00.

I wrote a very long letter. Out of respect can write in response to at least a couple of words.

You can't expect them to reply to all messages, unless they are very important or if you really need help.

What if 7 billion people where to send SQUARE ENIX one letter a day, each? Of course they wouldn't have time to reply to all of them.

Maybe you should post your letter here in this thread as I suggested? The members of the staff often drop by the forum. If you are prepared to post a thread like this here in the Customer Service Support Issues forum, you should also be prepared to post your letter. How else is the staff supposed to know about your problem?
    Last edited by Grimoire; 30th Mar 2014 at 23:01.

I sent a letter (PM) to the manager in the SE NA.

Robert Peeler? Good. Although he is very busy so don't be surprised if it takes a while for him to respond.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 30th Mar 2014 at 23:01.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last