Thread: Ultimate Vintage Year Guide

Ultimate Vintage Year Guide

Ultimate Vintage Year Guide

Decided it'd be fun to get everyone's Ultiimate How To... guide for each of the levels. As such, it seems like a logical place to start with this one. Everyone feel free to pitch in your own.

From the beginning of the level, head round to the LEFT side of the compound. Wait for the guard there to look out over the rail, and knock him out with a syringe. DON'T however, throw him over the rail. Drag him into the long grass behind the large tree and change into his clothes. Take his shotgun and head round to the OPPOSITE side of the compound. Store the shotgun in the agency container, then enter the compound.

Go into the winery, and distract the guard by throwing a coin. When he's away from his post, bomb the winch. Head down the stairs, and watch for Manuel. When he's coming back, head upstairs. Throw another coin to lead the guard away and head back to a safe position. When Manuel's underneath, detonate the bomb, crushing him under the barrels, and leave.

From the winery, turn right and head through the door ahead. Go to the OPPOSITE side of the hacienda, and climb up the drainpipe there. You'll notice the only person who COULD have seen you up there is having a chemically induced siesta in the grass. Climb through the window and wait behind the wall for Fernando.

When Fernando sits down and starts playing, sneak through to the adjoining room and knock out the sleeping guard there. Drag him into the adjoining bedroom and change into his clothes. Pick up and holster his SAF smg, then head back into the balcony room and wait (Yes, Fernando REALLY DOES play that long!) When he looks over the balcony, shove him over and leave via the window.

Head back into the winery. Locate Manuel's body (which should be in a bodybag in the hall by now) and making sure no-one's looking, take his TMP and holster it.

Head back round to where you left your suit, and head down the mountain path (remembering to take and holster Fernando's Snub-nosed) and head down to the dock. Sneak behind the Drug lab worker and shove him into the drink. Head along further, and making sure no-one else is taking a breather down here, Sneak behind the VIP guard and shove him in also.

Go back up the trail, and change back into your suit. Head back down to the dock, and making sure no-one's there, make your way round. When you near the plane, sneak past the guard having a siesta, and escape.

Stats:- accidents-4, all others-0
    Fines:- None
    Weapons collected:- Shotgun, TMP, SAF, Snub-nosed.

Will begin another thread for Curtain Down within the next week or so. Any other methods/comments for this level?

Other Levels:

Curtains Down
    Flatline
    A new Life
    Murder of Crows
    You better watch out
    Death on the Mississippi
    Till Death do us apart
    A house of cards
    Dance with the Devil
    Ammendment XXV

my 4th guide

When you start head left. And wait for the guard to path up he will stop near the truck when he starts to walk back he will stop again near a small alley sedate him and drag him in there, take his cloths, and shotgun and head up on the flatbed truck and climb onto the roof (crouch to avoid people from seeing you), and drop down the hole now leave the small building your in and head to the far left of the house you should see a drain pipe climb it (nobody seems to care ) once you get onto the roof you should see a window and inside is one of your targets make sure he is there as he will leave the room as some point. if he is there go inside sneak up behind him (he wont hear you due to his cello playing) and strangle him and leave the way you came.

Now head to the wine cellar and walk down the stairs, and when nobody is around place a bomb near the bottom of the stairs when Manuel gets close blow him up and get out.

don't forget your suit and head down to the dock. Sneak behind the Drug lab worker and shove him into the drink. Head along further, and making sure no-one else is taking a breather down here, Sneak behind the VIP guard and shove him in also.

accidents - 2. kills 2-3 depending on whether you kill the guard.

Not bad. Just read your ideas on the other topics as well. I'm glad I'm starting to get some replies.

You had some pretty neat ideas it has to be said.

Originally Posted by J.W.Booth
    Not bad. Just read your ideas on the other topics as well. I'm glad I'm starting to get some replies.

You had some pretty neat ideas it has to be said.
    heh thanks

Thumbs Up

Originally Posted by J.W.Booth
    Decided it'd be fun to get everyone's Ultiimate How To... guide for each of the levels.
    Very good idea, JW. I've put links to other threads in your first post, and I'm stickying this one.

Thanks for that, didn't know I could do that or I'd have done it myself.

Here's a way to do it without any additional casualties other than the two targets, and both in accidents. It requires at least one Human Shield/Knock Out, and works on any of the difficulty settings. It's very close to the above solution. The only required extra load out is a pistol of some sort.

When you start, run left around the villa to the guard patrolling outside the west wall, if you ran directly there he should be heading up the path towards you, run around behind the tree, wait for him to pass out of view, and sneak up behind him with your pistol out, human shield and knock him out. Drag him into the little alcove in the wall you should be near, and take his clothes.

Killing Manuel remains exactly the same, and I would suggest doing it first. Killing Don Fernando is slightly different. Upon climbing up the drain pipe and into the window, walk directly across from the window and hide in the little corner near the door there, and wait. Don Fernando should either be playing the cello or will be soon. Wait until he finishes playing, and once he gets up and passes the piano, sneak out of your corner and follow him into the next room. The guard there will be asleep. Sneak up behind Don Fernando and push him over the balcony. He should fall silently and will not wake the guard. Now sneak back to the window and climb out and drop down off the roof, in the direction of the path to the dock/hangar. Pick up your clothes from the alcove first if you like.

Run down the path and stop near the bottom, sneak to a point where you can turn the camera see where that one pesky worker comes down from the drug lab, and make sure he's not there, or is heading back inside, and sneak up and sedate the worker standing on the end of the docks and drag him back towards the path up. Take his clothes if you like, as it will make the next part easier. Walk up behind the guard farther up the dock and sedate him. It's probably easier to wait for the worker to come down and then do it right as the elevator leaves view when he goes back up. Drag him back behind the two large crates in the U turn in the dock. Now go back and collect your clothes if you chose to change into the workers uniform. Head up the docks and sneak past the last sleeping guard (making sure you don't get caught by that one worker) and escape by the plane.

2 accidents, 1 body found (Manuel's), and Silent Assassin. Really, the only part you have to be worried about on Pro is planting the bomb and killing Manuel without getting your cover blown. The rest is cake.

Damn those are complicated.

I just drugged/stashed the left side guard and swapped garments then went down the cellar and waited next to the coke line till the guy came and started snorting followed by a sudden case of strangulation. ( the guard on the left was facing away) then stored him in the container that was for some reason behind me.

Then went back for my clothes, climbed the drainpipe to the cello guy
    suddenly he also suffered from a sudden case of strangulation after that I went back and descended onto the dock. Over there the guard didn't appreciate me trying to get to the plane, sooo.. I shoved him into the water as he was smoking

I must be playing the game wrong.

Originally Posted by Aroan
    my 4th guide

When you start head left. And wait for the guard to path up he will stop near the truck when he starts to walk back he will stop again near a small alley sedate him and drag him in there, take his cloths, and shotgun and head up on the flatbed truck and climb onto the roof (crouch to avoid people from seeing you), and drop down the hole now leave the small building your in and head to the far left of the house you should see a drain pipe climb it (nobody seems to care ) once you get onto the roof you should see a window and inside is one of your targets make sure he is there as he will leave the room as some point. if he is there go inside sneak up behind him (he wont hear you due to his cello playing) and strangle him and leave the way you came.
    Nice!

After climbing back down the pipe, enter the door next to the pipe. You should be on the 1st floor of the hacienda where you killed the first target. Your destination: The opposite side of the house. There is a VIP guard uniform in the room where a guard is sleeping. To get there, first, use your map to monitor the two guards that are moving in the two areas of the house. Ignore the guard in the hall and head into the rooms where the second guard is patrolling. When he is in the room closest to the sleeping guard, slip into the middle room. Hide next to the door. When he opens the door, the open door will hide you. As he heads into the room that you are in, slip into the room that he just came out of. Sneak into the room with the sleeping guard, take the uniform, and head out outside.

Head into the cellar (which is where the second target is normally located). There should be a room with a storage container (the ones that store bodies), and barrels between it and a table. Wait here. Let the second target bring his buddy to the drug room. He will come back alone. Wait for the patrolling guard to make his rounds. When he turns around and begins to walk in the opposite direction, take your fiber wire (knife, whatever) and kill the second target. Quickly drag his body to the storage container and dump it/close lid (if done correctly, you will have enough time to kill the target and drag the body before the guard turns around again). Head for the elevator. Escape.

This should get you a silent assassin rank if done correctly.

There are many ways to do the levels. I like to aim for the no unnecesary people harmed way of doing things - picking up clothes that aren't on people.
    For the first level there's guard outfit inside the guard house left from when you enter. When you break the utility box guy will come to fix it.
    You can hide from him in the closet and seneak past the guards listening to radio and dress up as guard in the next room. Inside the house right side hallway there's room with the inside guard outfit. There's one guard patrolling the rooms and one patrolling the hallway. Just wait till the room guard changes room and wait till the hallway guard has his back turned to you and go in. Try not to carry anything because once you dress you'll drop them down and the guard sleeping in that room might go mental and start shooting.
    Right about now you have no bodies that can be found and you can kill the targets.
    You really don't have to kill anyone but the targets. If you go close enough to the balcony to push the head target off the sleeping guard won't notice it.

thanks for the tips , i'll give it a shot and let you know my reviews . . . thanks again . . . !!!
    Electronic Book Reader Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, U.S. Wireless)

Year and a half bump?

Bump