Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voting - Screenshot Competition Round XI

Voting - Screenshot Competition Round XI

Time for your votes ladies and jellybeans!

Please give 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 for your second favourite and 1 for your third.

Participants and non-participants are welcome to vote and voting will end on Sunday 30th September.

Entries can be viewed
    here

Humbug 'And for my next trick..............'

Treeble: 'Uzi your imagination!'

Milli Croft: 'When i sleep here in the air, nobody can kill me.'

Lo: 'Gatecrashing the Gondola Gala'

Dukem: 'Silenced by Snowballs'

Good luck everyone!
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

My votes:

Humbug: 3 I love this, it is a real action shot and the colours are very engaging. Lara looks as though she is hanging on for dear life

Dukem: 2 I hate that part of Tibet when Lara has to give her snowmobile some serious welly to outrun the tumbling boulders! I think you were on the verge of crashing as you released the controls to take that shot

Treeble: 1 I like the way you have captured Lara in mid-uzi attack!!! I'm surprised you managed to get that because those guards move so fast, standing around is not an option, even to take a screenshot

Big Grin My Votes

Lo - 3 Points - I love this screenshot so much! The timing is perfect, and Lara's face is full of determination! I just love it!

Humbug - 2 Points - The colours in this shot are absolutely amazing! For once, Lara looks so scared! hehe

Treeble - 1 Point - I dont know if I interpreted this pic correctly. Was the idea that the guard was going to go skiing down that ramp using the spears? It was hilarious anyway!

Here's my vote:

3 points: Dukem, it looked a difficult shot to get, those snow balls look about ready to go!

2 points: Lo, the expression on Lara's face says it all about that boat chase!

1 point: Milli Croft, your shot made me laugh!
    http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6...newfavehf7.png
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken- Tyler Durden

Thank you Dukem and Humbug for your generosity.

Recently, I noticed something about my screenshot. If you care to take another quick squizzo, there is a blue 'scratchy' doodle thing to the left of the boat (facing it), in the water.

I can only speculate that it is a piece of broken glass from the window high above. Silly me actually for I started playing the level correctly before realising that I didn't need to play it through to get the shot I was after, just kill the guy in the last area and drive the boat in to get enough revs to make it up the ramp!

What do you think? A glitch or a piece of fallen glass? Only the glass is usually just white when smashed and it disperses and vanishes. I'd have to try another shot to see if it happens again....weird!

Edit: As you can (just about!), make out, I didn't even bother hanging around to collect the green dragon

Rolleyes

Here are my votes

3 Points - Milli Croft
    2 Points - Dukem
    1 Point - Treeble

Nice shots everybody
    'I Make My Own Luck..'
    - Lara Croft

Rolleyes

Here are my votes

3 Points - Milli Croft
    2 Points - Dukem
    1 Point - Treeble

Nice shots everybody

My votes go to;

Humbug = 3 points, I have just had the pleasure of starting TR2 Gold for the first time and I made this very same amazing jump!

Milli Croft = 2 points, awww, doesn't our Lara look peaceful.

Dukem = 1 point, for the ability to take this shot whilst in the face of danger.

1/2 point to TouchOfPink for posting twice in a row.

Thank you for my points so far everyone! Much appreciated.

Dukem-3pts

Lo-2pts

Milli Croft-1pt

Nice clean shots. Good work everyone.

Fankoo JBG!

Thanx for my points guys!

Lo - 3 points - love the camera angle and Lara seems to be mad at something or someone.

Dukem - 2 points - ooh snow, gotta love it. In fact, I love the whiteness of that shot!

Milli Croft - 1 point - hah, we got the same spot for the snap!

Where have the other 20 or so entrants gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Lo - 3 points - love the camera angle and Lara seems to be mad at something or someone.

Dukem - 2 points - ooh snow, gotta love it. In fact, I love the whiteness of that shot!

Milli Croft - 1 point - hah, we got the same spot for the snap!

Where have the other 20 or so entrants gone?

Thanks Treebs!

Yes, I have to comment in that some have dropped out - I know TouchOfPink only has one or maybe two of the games but I cannot recall which one(s) Athiest doesn't seem to join anymore and I haven't seen =Shrensh= in some time

I have posted in the ECC board about our contest. maybe we need to add it to our signatures but then I always forget or am reluctant to add mine with each post.

I have an awful feeling that this contest is going to have to come to a sad close before long as the entries are becomming less and less. However, we can always just have a random thread for good shots. I can't see a way to improve on the contest unless folk require more time perhaps to prepare a shot?

Being that we have only 5 entrants this round, if it descends to 4 then it makes voting a little more difficult lest one entrant gets totally left out. That would put pressure on people to cast a sympathy vote if you get my general gist

3 Points Lo, Laras face looks funny.

2 Points hambug, hmmm beautiful landscape.

1 Point Dukem, oh that looks dangerous
    -------------------------------------
    Thanks for your points.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    Thanks Treebs!

I have an awful feeling that this contest is going to have to come to a sad close before long as the entries are becomming less and less. However, we can always just have a random thread for good shots. I can't see a way to improve on the contest unless folk require more time perhaps to prepare a shot?

Being that we have only 5 entrants this round, if it descends to 4 then it makes voting a little more difficult lest one entrant gets totally left out. That would put pressure on people to cast a sympathy vote if you get my general gist
    Prehaps some folks are unsure of how to take screens, as I myself was. Maybe we could post instructions for taking screenshots beneath the rules?

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by humbug View Post
    Prehaps some folks are unsure of how to take screens, as I myself was. Maybe we could post instructions for taking screenshots beneath the rules?
    Bugsy that is a most excellent suggestion indeed.

I shall write out an instructive in Word in time for the next round and post it in a seperate thread so that all participants can add it to their (hopefully), already saved rule lists in their various Word application documents.

I can't thank you enough for your kind suggestion. It may well bring us a few more cometitors. Point of fact I may start a 'Screenshot Test Area' thread here on TR General along with the instructions.

How does that sound? I'll work on it now and can always edit the opening post to include other host sites that i do not have the link for - Tinypic, Photobucket et al.

Thanks again!

Sounds good, glad to be of help Lo.

Just a thought but maybe the contest is on too small a schedule(already suggested) or maybe it should go to being cyclic along with the other contests so it stays fresh not oh heres the next round....woohoo! Put the contests on a circuit so its not the same one over and over. Mix it up. When we go to parties we get tired of the same stuff over and over after awhile.

We should do something allowing graphics manipulation too to let our friends show off a bit. They did graphics challenges over in the ecc for years.

I was going to join the last comp but ran out of time . Plus I only have TR2 and TR2 Gold on my PC so I'm limited to what I can use. I tried to take one of Lara on a snowmobile but am a novice when it comes to taking screen shots.

Thanks for instruction manual Lo!

Guys and gals, thank you for your kind responses and suggestions.

As you can see I have worked on a little guide and posted it up. Rather than paste all of that below any future rules we can just provide a link to the 'manual' hehe.

I have a tendency sometimes to over explain things but rather that than blind folk with tech talk. I hope it does not come across as patronising in any way!

JBG I do apologise for my 'density', could you perhaps elaborate further as to your suggestions? There is always room for new contests I feel and maybe you could start a new one, I'd be happy to join but am not that good at editing hehe

Thanks for my votes!

I think a graphics challenge would be great! Though it will be terribly sad if this screenshot comp is put to rest. I've entered every round since the 2nd one, and it has become a tradition of sorts for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukem View Post
    Thanks for my votes!

I think a graphics challenge would be great! Though it will be terribly sad if this screenshot comp is put to rest. I've entered every round since the 2nd one, and it has become a tradition of sorts for me.
    Yeah We dont want the screenshot comp to end but maybe taking a break while we do a few other comps like the paint one, then a graphics one, and then a themed graphics one like using the same shot everyone can use their favorite program to do the theme, we can keep the contests fresh and not repetitive.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    Yeah We dont want the screenshot comp to end but maybe taking a break while we do a few other comps like the paint one, then a graphics one, and then a themed graphics one like using the same shot everyone can use their favorite program to do the theme, we can keep the contests fresh and not repetitive.
    Shame if we have to take a break but if it helps ressurect enthusiasm then I am guessing this may be the only viable option.

Obviously, with the screenshot contest I designed it to be varied. Same rules, sure, but we have two different themes on each round that keep up the variety factor as well as enabling folks without all of the games to join in.

I honestly would find it a shame if it died a death but you can't force people into participating, they have to join in because they genuinely want to, naturally

I'll perhaps not draw it to a close in the event that it becomes desolute, just let it rest if need be and ressurect it in a few months - say Christmas time. That said, it would require the permission and understanding of the round winner if we had so few entries that it is deemed necessary to close it temporarily.

The winner can start it off again at our mutual agreement. Can't really say fairer than that. Let us see how many entries we get on round XII and take it from there. I think a minimum of 4 will be a clear sign to 'take a break'.

Are we all agreed?

Maybe we could do a cycle? So we could have a paint comp then a grapics comp then a screen comp. Also to give people more time and have 2 weeks to enter and a week to vote?

EDIT: Sorry, I repeated what JBG said about a cycle!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast