Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: For anyone with Winplay problems:

I'm sorry for delay with my answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden
    Did either of your various patches, vampmaster, or wrace, update the game to the Dreamcast version, or something?
    No. I tried to exctract some models from DreamCast-version and replace the appropriate models in the PC-version, but the core of the last one is very different from the DreamCast-version core, so it seems impossible to replace models directly. But there is SR1-Hook.dll created by Tos which does some approvements.

About glitches with joypad: something here there is tread with the link on some program which solves such problems.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden
    One thing, though: wrace, you have in your patch the alternate version of the SR1 Intro, which I think also was the inherent version used for the Dreamcast version, but it is different than the PS1 and the PC version released here in the US and maybe the UK. Michael Bell's inflection is a bit brighter in yours and there's a growl added when Kain sees Raziel's wings. Also, the aspect ratio is stretched, or stretches for widescreen.
    This intro (with default resolution 640x480 instead of 320x240 that have any other versions of SR1) we extracted from the extras for SR2 (PS2 or something).

Thank you for another version of intro - I will look it (and also thanks for your post ).
    Support of LOK-games is the duty of Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics.

You're welcome.

I thought something looked improved in the game. Blocks remain blocks even if you walk around them. It's great

Thank you Vampmaster and Wrace for the amazinf BO1 fix!!! I just finished that game and wanted to play Soul Reaver 1 but the instaler just dosent work (Windows 7 x64).... This also happend with BO1 but i just copied the files from the cd to my hdd and it worked, on SR1 it seems its not that simple. The setup.exe process is working but nothing happens... I am having this problems with all the games that appeared before2001 (Thief 1 & 2,Grim Fandango,Baldurs Gate 1 & 2,...) but fortunately they appeared sooner or later on GoG. I have searcehd the web for days now and there is nothing for this problem. So my question is this : Is there something that can be done like changing setup.exe with another exe that can install the game or just wait for GoG to do their magic????

Thanks for you words, Dariga.

Now I don't remember what does original SR1-CD contain (because I created my own installer for this game), but to play in SR1 you need such files (check if there are they on your CD):
    bigfile.dat
    kain2.exe
    locals.pc
    music.dat
    textures.big
    voices.dat
    all *.rpl files
    If you find them on your cd, so:
    1. create the folder "Soul Reaver" on your hard drive;
    2. copy all files that I wrote above from your cd into created folder;
    3. apply bink-support patch for the files you copy into your folder;
    4. play the game.
    Last edited by wrace0; 18th Feb 2015 at 22:02.

Hey there! I have tried the SR1 Hook Support but it distorts the view and the WB stays smaller than Raziel and coils much faster. Any way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    Hey there! I have tried the SR1 Hook Support but it distorts the view and the WB stays smaller than Raziel and coils much faster. Any way to fix this?
    The wraith blade in SR1 uses a seperate mechanism for it's rendering. I think it starts out in screen space or normalised coordinates or something. Whereas everything else is in world space. I made quite a few notes on the functions that render it while I was making the black coil code, but it is pretty difficulty to debug. I think I already sent Wrace the notes on that.

It would be in KainCore.txt, KainCoreFunction.txt and SR1PC.txt. I never did find out how to get a semi-transparent black reaver core. @Wrace, if you end up looking into Raina's issue, maybe you could look into that too?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

About SR1 Hook Support: I think that it will be better to ask its author (Tos, here) about this feature.

Hello, everyone! I seem to still have a problem running SR1 on my PC

My computer is running XP (SP3) and I've tried a few of the basic fixes for this, but I haven't seen anyone have this particular problem when I run it without changing anything, so I'm afraid I have no idea if this is a very specific problem or not. I found the PC version of SR1 lying around and I realized that after so long, that I wanted to play it. I put it in the D drive (My C disk drive won't read discs for whatever reason, it came like that since I've had it), install it, and when I try to run it, something strange happens.
    As soon as it starts up, the screen on the monitor shuts off for a moment and comes back on, but after that nothing else. I waited an hour, doing other things while seeing if it would boot up eventually, but still nothing, I try to Ctrl+Alt+Del it, but the task manager never shows up, I try Alt+Tabbing it away, and though it shows the window for it, it doesn't change anything, making me need to reboot my PC.

Now since I installed the 1.2 patch, and replaced the original kain2.exe with the unofficial XP Kain2.exe this doesn't happen, but it somehow gets conflicted with Kain2.ICD as it crashes the game on startup.

I would REALLY appreciate a fix if anyone can help me with this problem because SR1 is a dear treasure of mine, and the series as a whole is my favorite series of games, and I would love the chance to get this one working so I can play it again.

Strange people - now there is version of SR1 with all needed patches on gog.com and Steam, but some guys do not listen carefully even this thread in which also there is a solution.

Well sir, I'm gonna go ahead and come out with it and say I'm a cheap person who has no intention of buying the same game twice, and if there's a fix I can apply, I will gladly take it as long as most of it is still intact, which is why I searched for a fix, and came across the things in this thread.

So if anyone would know of my problems or have any ideas on how to help resolve this issue, I would gladly appreciate the help.

Look at the post #104 on the same page as your posts, - it is the same solution as integrated by default in all "newest" versions of SR1 (i.e. on gog.com and Steam).
    All needed files for BO1 and SR1 you can also find by the link in my signature.
    Proof: for SR1 and for BO1.

P.S.: running not only on WinXP and Vista, but and on Win-7 too.

Hi there,

I know it's been a lot time since the last post, but I hope somebody will read this...

I'd like to download the bink-support-tool for SR1 (.rpl-video-files). Cannot find it on nosgothica
    I have the German Version of the game and would like to see the videos again, in german if possible

greez,
    thaec

Now this patch (bink-support) is officially included into the Steam-version of SR1, so I removed it from nosgothica.
    In its original version this patch just replaced rpl-files by bink-movies converted from PS/PS2-versions of SR1 and SR2 (english).
    You can obtain the appropriate bink-files on the german by the same way (taking them from consoles) or just by replacing sound in the existing bink-files by german version of them using official Rad Video Tools (binkmix.exe) - we do the same for the russian versions of localization (yep, we have several, but no one is the best, though).

ok. thanks. then i only need to find the movie sounds. can I extract em from the PC-version I have or do only get em from youtube?

edit: I'll try the psx image
    Last edited by thaec_im; 16th Apr 2016 at 13:09.

I also think that PSX-image is the better way.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345