Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For anyone with Winplay problems:

Lightbulb Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Muyfa666 View Post
    I'm having some trouble to understand you here. No offense. :-)

The XP patch is no fix at all?
    I talk about that:
    What this archive includes:

-V1.2 official patch
    -Unofficial XP patch
    -Winplay patch by Vampmaster
    1. Original kain2.exe, as it is known, has SaveDisk-protection.
    The files:
    clcd16.dll
    clcd32.dll
    clokspl.exe
    dplayerx.dll
    drvmgt.dll
    KAIN2.ICD
    secdrv.sys
    are needed for this protection (and only for this).
    2. Someone removes this protection by using the appropriate program - its name you can see if you search the word "unwrapped" in the new kain2.exe - this allows to enable CompatibilyMode for kain2.exe (as I understand setting CompatibilityMode on the original kain2.exe v.1.2 does not have the desirable effect).
    This new kain2.exe was placed in archive and was named as "Unofficial XP Patch"...
    3. The problem with rpl-video is solved by removing the call of the original winplay-function Player_BlankScreen: in VampMaster's patch this call is replaced by nops; in Booster's version of winplay.dll there is not the original code of this function. In both cases the problem is solved.
    4. Of course, removing of protection on kain2.exe is illegal, but otherwise in SR1 can't play many fans (because Eidos does not create the updated patches and it does fans)...
    5. All patches and fixes applied on the "hacked" version of kain2.exe, of course...

I think I understand. ;-)

I have updated the link to exclude the text about unofficial XP patch, and removed the unnessecery files.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by wrace View Post
    very good...

No, there are no thread another than this about this possibility.
    Ok, let's try to do this - if you are interesting in it.
    Here is a full instruction.
    1. Download the appropriate avi-files for SR1:
    (a) High Quality Intro.avi from DruchaPucha and paul_met.
    (b) Chrono-movies and verse.avi from darkwhite.
    2. Download The RAD Video Tools.
    3. Convert avi-files to bink-files (using RADTools, default settings) and place it in the game folder (where installed SR1) - the names of files:
    intro.bik
    chrono3.bik
    chrono5.bik
    chrono7.bik
    chrono9.bik
    chrono11.bik
    chrono13.bik
    verse.bik
    4. rename winplay.dll (in the game folder) as winplay0.dll - i.e. we save it.
    5. Download new winplay.dll created by Booster, unpack it from zip-archive and place it (with binkw32.dll, of course) to the game folder.
    *. It is all - now you can play in SR1 with bink-movies, including hi-res intro-movie...
    I hope that when one man do this - he will place the appropriate bink-files on some hosting where "your" fans (I mean whose native language is english) can download these files always.
    Note: among avi-files above there are no publogo.avi, crylogo.avi and credits.avi, - I think that on the last file the link appears in the nearest future...
    Can you post another link of Chrono-movies and verse.avi from darkwhite?
    The link is off... Thanks!!!

Exclamation Re:

darkwhite updated 1 link on these files and added 2 additional links...

Well, wrace and Muyfa - I did what you suggested and it works perfectly. The intro movie is extremely good quality, as well. One thing: I'm assuming the aspect ratio should remain the same? Because for some reason my widescreen monitor stretches it. I can fix that by setting my monitor resolution, though.

You know, I was also thinking about the end credits movie. It occurred to me that, by downloading the credits movie off of Youtube (in FLV form), it would be no problem to convert it to BINK. It's low-tech (and so am I), but I'm gonna try it out, see if it works. I'm sure someone's got an easier way of doing it, so let me know.

Anyway, I have to say, I'm very impressed.

Glad to hear it worked!

As for the end movie - it's in-game animated, not prerendered. Therefor it can not be done with the intro movie from SR2.

Not the Moebius sequence; I meant the actual end credits. I just think they're neat because of all the concept art.

Trouble with SR1

Hi, guys

My best friend can't run SR1 at her XP system. I followed Ben Lincoln's instructions, that's how I got the game working at my XP. Her comp is newer than mine, and she has GeForce graphic card. Thanx to your Winplay Fix, Vampmaster, I can at least start SR1 at her's comp without being returned strait back to Windows. With Winplay Fix movies are working perfectly and have sound; but when game starts, there's no sound and Raziel freezes in the beginning of first in-game cinema. Any idea how I can fix this?

Hi,

Could anyone please upload the winplayfix? http://pillarsofnosgoth.legacyofkain.net/ is unreachable and there seems to be no other source to download the file.

Thanks

Edit: Forget it, I just saw Muyfa666's complete package... it works perfectly, thanks

Actually, I seem to have some problems with SR1 again. The won't recognize the resolution that I set via regedit. I get some strange random resolution instead. Any ideas on how to solve it?

http://pillarsofnosgoth.legacyofkain.net/
    Never seen this one... Can anyone tell more about it please?

Does anyone have a copy of the movie files from either DreamCast or PS? I need these files:

crylogo
    credits
    verse
    publogo

I have the rest, but the links for the rest of the videos are down. I would really apreciate it. Either in BINK or AVI format, I can convert them myself. If I get these, I'll have all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    http://pillarsofnosgoth.legacyofkain.net/
    Never seen this one... Can anyone tell more about it please?
    It's a site I started before university. I tried to get it finished while I was on my course, but gave up for lack of time. I mostly just use it for hosting downloads now.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    It's a site I started before university. I tried to get it finished while I was on my course, but gave up for lack of time. I mostly just use it for hosting downloads now.
    ah so then you became part of The Lost Worlds right?

Yeah, I figured more people would be able find my programs on Ben's site. A couple of them are collaborations and others like ModelEx need stuff from tlw to be any use. It's better that all the related research is available in the same place.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Wink New Link on Booster's Winplay.dll

Hi, all...
    I updated the links above on the Booster's Winplay.dll (which allows to play bink-video for SR1) by request of one guy... The new link is this.
    Support of LOK-games is the duty of Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics.

Thank you, Wrace! Thanks to this Winplay program, I was able to run SR1 at my best friend's comp. She was thrilled, and finished the game just recently (it took her about 1 month).

Quote Originally Posted by wrace View Post
    Hi, all...
    I updated the links above on the Booster's Winplay.dll (which allows to play bink-video for SR1) by request of one guy... The new link is http://www.nosgothica.org/soft/Winplay.zip.
    Hey wrace, is this winplay updated even more, or is it the same we used back in post #51 only with a new link?

Post Re: winplay.dll

Quote Originally Posted by Muyfa666 View Post
    Hey wrace, is this winplay updated even more, or is it the same we used back in post #51 only with a new link?
    I only updated the links on this dll because old link was unreachable; but I don't remember what version of winplay.dll I loaded earlier - now it is version 1.0.0.2 (you can view version of the dll in its properties) - as I know version 1.0.0.2 differs slightly from vesion 1.0.0.1 (some not sufficient approvements were made - as I know)...

Hmmm. They do differ then. I have the 1.0.0.1 since earlier, and now this 1.0.0.2. Which one is best to use? I presume 1.0.0.2, but can u tell me?

Post Re:

Version 1.0.0.2 is best to use since - as I wrote above - in this version was made some approvements (I don't remember already which are - too long time is gone); but no sufficient fixes were made in version 1.0.0.2 in comparison with 1.0.0.1 (I think that and version 1.0.0.1 solve problem like one VejaUndead wrote about)...

Seem to work fine. One problem thou wrace...

I use the Win98 compatibility trick to set my resolution. Even thou I set it to 1920x1080 in regedit, when I launch the game, the main window shows 1440x900x32. Do you have any clue why?

Lightbulb Re:

If you set resolution to 1920x1080 in regedit, so you need to disable 'Win98 Compatibility Mode' for that the game does not save the settings of the resolution from the main window (which is used generated values for resolution) of the game in the registry, - now your resolution will be used...

I already disabled Win98 compatibility, but the values in regedit is not the same as in the main window anyways.

Question Re:

hm, it is strange glitches - when I set kain2.exe in Win'98 compatibility mode the main screen shows only 4:3 resolutions, but when I disable this mode the main screen shows all resolutions supported by my video-card (and smaller not-supported too); I can't find the reason of these glitches yet...
    but one thing is interesting for me - anyone can see any differences in the game when the resolution in the main screen is changed? I changed resolutions from the smallest to largest but I can't see any difference in the game (I talk about graphics and etc).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast