Thread: Easily my favorite KH game. (Possible Spoilers)

Easily my favorite KH game. (Possible Spoilers)

Am I the only one who loved this game as much as I did?

I admit that at the end, I was trying very hard to not tear up...watching literally everything fall apart in the last few hours of the game after watching this seemingly impossible friendship get built up over the course of the game was very powerful.

I really hope that we get to see Xion again in the not-yet-announced-but-most-likely-coming Kingdom Hearts 3.

I enjoyed the mission-based structure of the game, and of course I would be remiss without saying that I loved playing as the different Organization XIII members.

I bet you can guess who I played as.

Ummm...Demyx because sitars are awesome?

It's looking like Xion is going to come back. I loved this game. I started playing it and couldn't put it down. The storyline was full of suspense.

The game was good, and the plot pretty awesome, but the mission-based structure... oh god.

The only reason why I kept playing at the end was because of the plot. The combat was solid and pretty fun, as per KH tradition, but I just didn't liked the way the story progressed because I felt it was too slow! (maybe I should have saved the extra missions for after finishing the main story )

Originally Posted by Marche90

The game was good, and the plot pretty awesome, but the mission-based structure... oh god.

The only reason why I kept playing at the end was because of the plot. The combat was solid and pretty fun, as per KH tradition, but I just didn't liked the way the story progressed because I felt it was too slow! (maybe I should have saved the extra missions for after finishing the main story )

Once I could change the camera settings from the awful default setting (same one was in Re:Coded) it wasn't so bad for the missions. And it actually helped to cement the friendship between the three main characters in my mind, with them eating ice cream on the clock tower every twilight...

The plot was definitely the reason I finished it though, and it really helped to expand Kingdom Hearts 2 in my mind.

This one was really up there for me as a strong entry in the series. I liked going out on the missions, and got an even bigger kick out of replaying them in the "multiplayer" as the other Organization XIII members. (Usually alone, yes, but I actually did manage to grab a friend to play it once and 'twas a spectacular experience.)

I agree, the story made me tear up too! It's my favourite game because it has my favourite characters. (Pretty much all of Organisation XIII)

I actually liked the mission-based structure. It meant that I could come back and finish stuff at whatever time I wanted. There was no stress. Until the end of course, when I started freaking out because Roxas left the organisation.

I am excited that Hayden Panettiere is coming back to voice Xion in Dream Drop Distance...now if only we could get her to redo Kairi as well, we would be set!

I'd rank it pretty high up in terms of story. Probably 2nd or 3rd out of all depending on how much you like KHII (BBS gets 1st for story). When Roxas remembers Xion and starts to cry... man, everything is just perfect to make even a somewhat hardened gamer start to tear up. The music, the build to that point, everything.

I was OK with the overall gameplay system (missions, lvl up panels, etc.) but I think it still ranks as one of the worst KH games in terms of gameplay.

So overall, it just sort of ends up in the middle of my ranking system (I pretty much just use gameplay and story to decide).

Seeing Roxas' growth from the beginning was a great opportunity and really put Organization XIII in another light. Xion's introduction was rather hit and miss for me though. I did really like the concept of her character, but I feel as though the execution could have been improved. It's really just a personal opinion; there were times I cared for her, and times I didn't. She's just... there. I really did enjoy seeing the chemistry between Roxas, Axel and Xion however. It was really sweet and relateable during those ordinary days when they would just complete their missions and head off to the clock tower to enjoy ice cream and talk about their days. I still remember possibly my favorite cutscene in the game was one of those scenes, where they were joking about the other members of the Organization and overall enjoying themselves as though they didn't have a care in the world.

The multiplayer was interesting; getting the opportunity to play as so many different characters in one game is always a great experience. You can probably guess that I spent most of my time playing as Riku though. What would make it even better was if I actually had people to play with, haha. But what can you do~

Xion ):

Story wise and overall, this is my favorite Kingdom Hearts easily. BBS has better gameplay, but the story in Days is just so much more my speed. Not that BBS's story is bad, it's fantastic. :P I just loved this one so much more.

And I'm sure Xion will be appearing again in KH3. She's appeared in every game since her introduction in Days. May not be a huge role, but they've left her in the picture for a reason.